Any lb or db we can trade for right now

Vladimir L

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I would kick the tires on him but don't get too excited (yet) if we sign him. I think he might be better than what we have, but only marginally.

Not saying he even starts, but we need depth and that is solid depth to say the least. He already got paid by Dallas for the year. Getting a chance to show them they messed up has to be at the top of his list.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

Just saw the Smith release. Down here in Big D they (fans) have always been complaining about Smith for some time since last yr. During the offseason there was whispers about smith playing time b/c they did draft several LB's in this yr's draft. The first 2 wks of the 2021 season Smith was a starter but in the last game against the Panthers he was in and out of the rotation. So the transition (youth and speed) was apparent then. Also I remember hearing some one on the boys staff that they wanted more Hustle and SPEED  at their LB position, this was around the time of 2021 draft. So the issue was Speed and effort. This is what we need to accomplish in the coming off season, that is SPEED and tackling. Hate to said it but these Boys down here are playing some Helluva D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guys and have some good speed.

Edited by 4209

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Smith has never been the same post injury. Pass.

Yeah, and our LB corps has never been the same post London Fletcher.

We need to work him out. A Dallas fan on Twitter said that when they went to the 3-4 last year they moved Jaylon to WLB & he can’t cover in space but when he was playing MLB earlier in his career he played well enough to get his contract extension.

So, I say work him out, realize he’s a MLB and not a WLB. At worse he’s a back up to Jamin Davis at MLB but he may be good enough after being here a few weeks to start at MLB & Jamin can play WLB. If they want to play Jaylon at WLB it sounds like we shouldn’t even sign him, just like we should’ve never had Bostic playing WLB or on the field in nickel packages.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd much rather poach someone's practice squad. 

If he’s cheap then I’d rather just sign Smith. He’s certainly better than anyone you’ll get from a practice squad. The bad thing is he’d probably immediately be our best LB. That speaks more to the state of our LBs than it does Jaylons ability. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay? Jaylon fixes that? What a weird connection.

You’re missing the point. The point is we haven’t had a stud 3-4 ILB/4-3 LB since Fletcher so we should try Jaylon out because maybe he can be the MLB we’ve been lacking for 7/8 years. Just don’t put him at WLB bc that’s not him.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re missing the point. The point is we haven’t had a stud 3-4 ILB/4-3 LB since Fletcher so we should try Jaylon out because maybe he can be the MLB we’ve been lacking for 7/8 years. Just don’t put him at WLB bc that’s not him.

It wasn't clear then. Not sure how I was supposed to infer a declining LB who was just cut 4 weeks into the season for his inability to play the position was going to be London Fletcher. 

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If he’s cheap then I’d rather just sign Smith. He’s certainly better than anyone you’ll get from a practice squad. The bad thing is he’d probably immediately be our best LB. That speaks more to the state of our LBs than it does Jaylons ability. 

That's maybe true, but not a high enough guarantee that I am all in on that either. I'd take him over Jamie Collins, yes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4209 said:

Just saw the Smith release. Down here in Big D they (fans) have always been complaining about Smith for some time since last yr. During the offseason there was whispers about smith playing time b/c they did draft several LB's in this yr's draft. The first 2 wks of the 2021 season Smith was a starter but in the last game against the Panthers he was in and out of the rotation. So the transition (youth and speed) was apparent then. Also I remember hearing some one on the boys staff that they wanted more Hustle and SPEED  at their LB position, this was around the time of 2021 draft. So the issue was Speed and effort. This is what we need to accomplish in the coming off season, that is SPEED and tackling. Hate to said it but these Boys down here are playing some Helluva D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guys and have some good speed.

Yup. The big thing I hear from them about Smith is that he gets lots of tackles...after he lets the guy catch the ball and run downfield for 15 yards.

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

For what it's worth. I read the 'Boys cut Jaylon Smith because his 2022 contract is quaranteed to pay $9.2 million if he gets hurt this year and misses next year . CYA move .

Yup. Like I said, I'd kick the tires on him. But guys please don't expect this to be a great pickup if we did sign him. I don't think he's that much better than what we have.

• Like 1