DT Eliglible To Return From IR/What Now?

soulman

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Yeah, why do people keep coming back to that idea?  Not only does he have a contract it would be difficult to get out from under with taking a huge cap hit in 2022 but he's also a 31 year old guy with a significant injury history whose always relied on his speed and range.  Both are in decline.

The only two guys other than Foles or Dalton I could see as trade prospects are ARob and Hicks.

ARob is going to be an URFA so don't think any teams gonna trade for him and I would keep Hicks as veteran leadership.

Edited by BACK2MACKSACK
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

ARob is going to be an URFA so don't think any teams gonna trade for him and I would keep Hicks as veteran leadership.

But he's not an URFA yet and no one can be assured that Pace won't use a tag again then possibly use that to negotiate a trade.

A trade this year gets them half a year to evaluate him at half his current salary so about $9 mil.  They can then negotiate a new deal with him. But I would agree that it only makes sense if the plan is to do that or the trade cost is so marginal a team in competition for a SB spot and in need to a top shelf WR would make a trade that's only a short term rental deal.

It's the difference between getting as much as a 2nd round pick for him or a 5th round pick or less if he's just a "rental".   It's a decision Pace will have to consider if he has no plans to re-sign him at any price.

9 hours ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

A-Rob is decent but in 2022 there are some stud young WRs like Courtlen Sutton and DJ Chark hitting FA.

Which may also limit his offers in FA or at least what someone is willing to pay him.  It also means Pace will have others to pursue as well.

I love ARob.  The guy will give you 100% every game but he's just not a top five WR and worth a $20-$22 mil per year deal.

Just what exactly happened with Trevathan today? Do we know?

He was out there for like two snaps...and made a helluva play on one of them. But, then he was gone.

Did he re-injure himself? Was the plan, all along, to just sprinkle him in?

What the hell is up? 

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just what exactly happened with Trevathan today? Do we know?

He was out there for like two snaps...and made a helluva play on one of them. But, then he was gone.

Did he re-injure himself? Was the plan, all along, to just sprinkle him in?

What the hell is up? 

He played a few snaps vs LV too. Ogletree is just a better player right now. I'm assuming they'll keep using him in this role in the event Ogletree or Smith get hurt, but that's about it

On 10/11/2021 at 12:14 PM, BACK2MACKSACK said:

A-Rob is decent but in 2022 there are some stud young WRs like Courtlen Sutton and DJ Chark hitting FA.

Chark, JJSS, Sutton, Godwin, Gallup or even Tim Patrick would all be 5-12M cheaper than the 20M Robinson allegedly wants, although the first 3 have availability issues

Edited by beardown3231

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He played a few snaps vs LV too. Ogletree is just a better player right now. I'm assuming they'll keep using him in this role in the event Ogletree or Smith get hurt, but that's about it

Did not realize that. Huh.

Yeah, Ogletree has proved he should be the starter...but what a freakin' weird situation. 

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Chark, JJSS, Sutton, Godwin, Gallup or even Tim Patrick would all be 5-12M cheaper than the 20M Robinson allegedly wants, although the first 3 have availability issues

You get what you pay for, and none of those players you named are currently better than anything Pace couldn't find in mid-late rounds in any draft. Much less better than Arob.

Cheaper...sure...but we have 4 years to build around Fields and that starts with surrounding him with legit targets and not just a bunch of situational players who might only catch fire for a game or two just because they cost less. That's what the Seahawks did for years with Russell.

EFF money! We need to concentrate on putting Fields in the best position we can for him to succeed at all costs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You get what you pay for, and none of those players you named are currently better than anything Pace couldn't find in mid-late rounds in any draft. Much less better than Arob.

Cheaper...sure...but we have 4 years to build around Fields and that starts with surrounding him with legit targets and not just a bunch of situational players who might only catch fire for a game or two just because they cost less. That's what the Seahawks did for years with Russell.

EFF money! We need to concentrate on putting Fields in the best position we can for him to succeed at all costs.

I don't disagree. I was simply commenting on his thought of FA WR's. 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, abstract_thought said:

I must have missed all the mid-round picks Pace has turned into Pro-Bowl WRs...

Mooney might end up there...but I'm not disagreeing with you.

For one thing, you have to keep drafting them, and then draft some more. Pace has had a smattering. But he's traded away so many damn picks, it makes it hard to keep refilling the shelves...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Mooney might end up there...but I'm not disagreeing with you.

For one thing, you have to keep drafting them, and then draft some more. Pace has had a smattering. But he's traded away so many damn picks, it makes it hard to keep refilling the shelves...

Pace is fine at drafting. I just don’t want to rely on a mid round pick as a WR1 or WR2, especially when this team already lacks offensive playmakers. It would be nice if that mid round pick was the icing, not the cake.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:10 PM, beardown3231 said:

Sutton and Godwin are not going to be cheaper than ARob in an open market IMO.

Other guys yeah.