College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

3 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Great, problem solved. Thanks. 

You know what you are so right. I should just tell them to change their mind and poof! Problem solved.

A family with half the people from Alabama for generations. And half from abroad.

And the issues were there before I was born but weren't as vicious and were more buried back then. 

And my family didn't live in Alabama when I was born. And the interactions I had with them were mostly around Alabama football. And I didn't have a college football team to really support.

But then, in the summer of 2016, those issues from the past started to boil over.

And things were said about how some members of the family shouldn't even be around simply because they're not of the same race... 

And by that time, I had been living outside of Detroit with my girlfriend who graduated from UM and had been working and training in the UM system. 

And when family members said that it would have been better for certain family members to not have gotten married and that it would have been better if someone hadn't even been born, it made someone detest the relationship they had with that family. 

But @RuskieTitan, @TENINCH, RuralBill, you are so right. Being a college football fan of a certain team is more important and anyone would have issues is inconceivable. 

What exactly does this have to do with the Alabama Crimson Tide football program?

It sounds like you and your family have a lot of personal issues and that's your business, not mine. But barring one of those family members with whom you disagree with being a staff member for the Crimson Tide or something, I'm not sure how that justifies abandoning your fanhood of one team to bandwagon onto another.

I'm honestly embarrassed and ashamed of a few of you here to be honest. There are a lot of things that are deeper than football and to troll someone from behind a keyboard is ignorant, especially when I 100% guarantee you wouldn't have the guts/fortitude to do it to his face is loathsome and ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What exactly does this have to do with the Alabama Crimson Tide football program?

It sounds like you and your family have a lot of personal issues and that's your business, not mine. But barring one of those family members with whom you disagree with being a staff member for the Crimson Tide or something, I'm not sure how that justifies abandoning your fanhood of one team to bandwagon onto another.

Last post on this because I'm done with this garbage.

Criticize me for not being an Alabama fan anymore. Whatever. 

But if you can't recognize that the only reason I was an Alabama fan was because of a few Uncles and grandparents who raised me to be an Alabama fan when I was younger and that most of those same people literally said that my parents shouldn't have been together because they weren't both white and when my parents said that if that was the case, I wouldn't exist, and they said that doesn't matter, perhaps that would make someone hate everything about their relationship with those people. 

When you hear people say that it would have been better if you didn't exist, it makes you question everything about your relationship with those people. And if those people were the only reason you were a fan of a sport, I think it's fair to question why you'd support that team because it evokes a connection to the members of your family that literally said it would be better if you didn't exist.

I'm done with this. 

If you can't wrap your mind around that and if college football fan hood is so holy and sacred that you can't understand why someone would find it easier to let that part of their life go, then there's no point doing this. 

2 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

But if you can't recognize that the only reason I was an Alabama fan was because of a few Uncles and grandparents who raised me to be an Alabama fan when I was younger and that most of those same people literally said that my parents shouldn't have been together because they weren't both white and when my parents said that if that was the case, I wouldn't exist, and they said that doesn't matter, perhaps that would make someone hate everything about their relationship with those people. 

When you hear people say that it would have been better if you didn't exist, it makes you question everything about those your relationship with those people. And if those people were the only reason you were a fan of a sport, I think it's fair to question why you'd support that team because it evokes a connection to the members of your family that literally said it would be better if you didn't exist.

I'm done with this. 

If you can't wrap your mind around that and if college football fan hood is so holy and sacred that you can't understand why someone would find it easier to let that part of their life go, then there's no point doing this. 

Fair enough. That makes sense. That's unfortunate that you have to deal with that.

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

When you hear people say that it would have been better if you didn't exist, it makes you question everything about your relationship with those people. And if those people were the only reason you were a fan of a sport, I think it's fair to question why you'd support that team because it evokes a connection to the members of your family that literally said it would be better if you didn't exist.

I'm done with this. 

Should have shown them by rooting for Auburn!

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm honestly embarrassed and ashamed of a few of you here to be honest. There are a lot of things that are deeper than football and to troll someone from behind a keyboard is ignorant, especially when I 100% guarantee you wouldn't have the guts/fortitude to do it to his face is loathsome and ridiculous.

Not sure why the college football section of FF gets this way. There's almost no moderation and there is so much hostility. It's a shame.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

There are things deeper than football; that's why I mentioned Penn State. If I was a fan of that program before the news of what was happening on that coaching staff broke out, I would most certainly cease to support that team going forward.

From the initial posts, it appeared that just because of family from that state had differing opinions on certain subjects, just seemed like an excuse to ditch the support of one program for another. Given that he explained the background as to how he came about to support that team, and how it has been tainted (similar to how fans must have felt tainted after the Penn State revelations), I can understand and respect someone deciding to no longer support that program.

Perhaps it got too personal. Maybe it shouldn't have gone that far. But at the end of the day I feel it was just a discussion about why someone would want to abandon one fanhood to bandwagon another team. Once I gained the understanding of another person's viewpoint, it made sense.

4 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Not sure why the college football section of FF gets this way. There's almost no moderation and there is so much hostility. It's a shame.

Because fandom is everything and if say something negative about anyone's team you're automatically an idiot and a fool

7 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Well looking at the mod list it seems like @1King and @IDOG_det are the only two mods, and it says @1King last visited September 21 (Hope everything is all right with him), so currently it's like just one mod right now.

And then with this forum there can be lulls of inactivity and then a sudden burst of flurry due to some sort of breaking news, so pages upon pages can build up before the mod shows back up.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Well looking at the mod list it seems like @1King and @IDOG_det are the only two mods, and it says @1King last visited September 21 (Hope everything is all right with him), so currently it's like just one mod right now.

And then with this forum there can be lulls of inactivity and then a sudden burst of flurry due to some sort of breaking news, so pages upon pages can build up before the mod shows back up.

Let's bring in more mods to help them, then. 1King and IDOG_det are UM fans. Maybe it's time we give OSU fans a shot xD

41 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

There are things deeper than football; that's why I mentioned Penn State. If I was a fan of that program before the news of what was happening on that coaching staff broke out, I would most certainly cease to support that team going forward.

From the initial posts, it appeared that just because of family from that state had differing opinions on certain subjects, just seemed like an excuse to ditch the support of one program for another. Given that he explained the background as to how he came about to support that team, and how it has been tainted (similar to how fans must have felt tainted after the Penn State revelations), I can understand and respect someone deciding to no longer support that program.

Perhaps it got too personal. Maybe it shouldn't have gone that far. But at the end of the day I feel it was just a discussion about why someone would want to abandon one fanhood to bandwagon another team. Once I gained the understanding of another person's viewpoint, it made sense.

Actually not completely hurling those comments at you Ruskie...the one(s) who then continued at @RollEagles after he explained the situation is who I was talking to. 

JFC guys. There's 1 LESS Bama fan. That's like saying there's one less stormtrooper. This is a win for goodness. A win for America. A win for all of us.

God speed @RollEagles. May you post gifs of Jim Harbaugh from now until the end of your days. Your khakis are in the mail, and since you're coming from the Alabama fanbase you may require some dental care.

Archived