Week 5 Overreactions: The "Has the NFL figured out Patrick Mahomes?" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, NYRaider said:

I like the Chiefs, lol. Being a Raiders fan during this ish show has made me an objective fan. I know that we suck and will continue to suck for years so I don't take it personal when Chiefs fans rub it in, I already know we ain't on that level, lol.

All things considered, I get the banter. I also see it as a potential distraction for the other people on the site who are actually trying to talk football and not get caught in your banter.

Just know when to scale it back and I'll drop in subtle reminders that others would like to talk football as opposed to watching your pissin' contest - good natured or otherwise.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

All things considered, I get the banter. I also see it as a potential distraction for the other people on the site who are actually trying to talk football and not get caught in your banter.

Just know when to scale it back and I'll drop in subtle reminders that others would like to talk football as opposed to watching your pissin' contest - good natured or otherwise.

I gotcha, I genuinely don't have anything negative to say about the Chiefs at all. And I don't take offense to any Raiders slander, the team deserves it. But will definitely cut back on even having those discussions even if they are all just in good fun. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar Jackson is the best player to ever touch the NFL

It's so hard to compare this to his MVP season because they are different games and different statlines

They won easier in 2019, because Lamar was killing it for all 60 minutes. His heroics are so much more in 2021, partly due to early mistakes and a little worse defense. I don't know how to equate the two

As for stats, he was 208 YPG, 66%, and 7.8 YPA, with 6:1 ratio

In 2021 his is 304 YPG, 67%, and 9.1 YPA, with 2.7:1 ratio

His turnovers are a little bit worse this year, but his passing successes are so much higher..... But they are scoring less (a full TD less) despite those bigger passing numbers

It's weird. I'd argue his 2019 was better than 2021 to date, but I could see this winding up as being even better, which is terrifying

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

how does one touch the NFL?

You just touch it. With consent, of course.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

It's so hard to compare this to his MVP season because they are different games and different statlines

They won easier in 2019, because Lamar was killing it for all 60 minutes. His heroics are so much more in 2021, partly due to early mistakes and a little worse defense. I don't know how to equate the two

As for stats, he was 208 YPG, 66%, and 7.8 YPA, with 6:1 ratio

In 2021 his is 304 YPG, 67%, and 9.1 YPA, with 2.7:1 ratio

His turnovers are a little bit worse this year, but his passing successes are so much higher..... But they are scoring less (a full TD less) despite those bigger passing numbers

It's weird. I'd argue his 2019 was better than 2021 to date, but I could see this winding up as being even better, which is terrifying

In 2019 we just did whatever we wanted on offense, tbh. The run game was dominating, Lamar was dominating with minimal pass attempts, it was just poetry in motion.

In 2021, Lamar is the entire team. It's basically 2013 Russell Wilson vs. 2017(?) Russell Wilson, except in 2019 Lamar was the key cog of a historically great offense an a unanimous MVP. This year he's doing everything himself pretty much.

• Like 2