What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 10/9/2023 at 10:24 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

The Chestnut Man - Danish crime thriller/murder mystery.  Great 6 episode miniseries and the show The Killing is supposed to be even better so I will give that a go next.  Going to hit a lot of Nordic Noir this fall.

Tons of great European (mainly British/Irish) detective shows on Acorn TV.  If I could only keep a couple of my streaming services, I'd keep AcornTV, Curiosity Stream and Willow.TV.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Best made for TV production of all time.

band-of-brothers-960x700.png

Would love to see it on the big screen.

Eps 1-3
Eps 4-5
Eps 6-7
Eps 8-10

I think they'd make some serious bank releasing the series as 4 movies in theaters as such.

I remember seeing two episodes of game of thrones at IMAX, and it was awesome. Surprised they don’t do it more often with shows.

7 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Any stand out that you’ve enjoyed?

Here's a few that I've enjoyed.  Lots of other series that I've enjoyed as well.  Doc Martin, Kingdom, Detectorists, Rake (which is leaving Acorn soon, but if you can find it, it is awesome, 800 Words, Holding  

Here are the detective/Cop series that I've enjoyed.  Probably forgot to mention a few, but a couple aren't on Acorn anymore.

Jack Irish

No Offence

Mystery Road - There are also two stand alone films, and a prequel series to this one.

Wire in the Blood

Jack Taylor

Midsomer Murders - A bit of a slow burn series.  Has been around for over 2 decades.  Only 4-6 episodes per season, but each are about 90 minutes in length.   

The Brokenwood Mysteries - New Zealand show.  Some great characters, and I've got to admit that IMHO, Fern Sutherland makes it well worth watching.

Line of Duty

Bloodlands

Foyle's War - Detective investigating cases in WW2 London - Absolutely love this one.

Happy Valley

London Kills

One Lane Bridge - New Zealand show w/ a hint of the supernatural

Loch Ness

Hope his heps a it.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 5:15 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Watched the Nordic Noir thriller The Valhalla Murders on Netflix.  8 episode stand alone season.  Great shots of Iceland and enjoyed the language.  Good detective thriller.  I've been enjoying many of these one and done series where I don't have to invest so much time into or lose interest after multiple seasons. And now I have another language to open up to when it comes to TV shows.

Green Frontier on Netflix is good. In this same vain…standalone mystery series, except this one is set in the Amazon Rainforest

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:52 PM, Malfatron said:

@Forge you watching this "poker" type comp

My god

That explanation of rules is goat

We didn't get to finish until yesterday. 

The poker game was just a flat out awesome game. Nerdy as hell, but awesome lol. And that comeback was badass 

Honestly, I was very happy with how everything played out. I thought the final three were who they should have been. Winner was deserving

• Like 1