What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I was very happy with how everything played out. I thought the final three were who they should have been. Winner was deserving

I totally agree

Spoiler

Orbit for intelligence

Seok-jin for guts and outside the box thinking,

and Seo Dong-joo for nailing the memory game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D82 said:

Just watched The Fall of the House of Usher. Pretty good series. 

I'm like three episodes in. I'm a fan of the "flanaverse" in general. 

It's a lot more blunt than his other work it feels like so far. I'm used to a little more of a slow burn.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

It's a lot more blunt than his other work it feels like so far. I'm used to a little more of a slow burn.  

I liked House on Haunted Hill, I hated House of Bly Manor. This was more enjoyable than the latter for me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Watching as well because I also like pretty much everything Flanagan.

I will say something that bothers tf out of me is the actress who plays old/current day Madeline has an entirely different accent/cadence than young and middle aged Madeline. It’s distracting. The old Madeline sounds like Moira from Schitts Creek but unironically  

20 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Watching as well because I also like pretty much everything Flanagan.

I will say something that bothers tf out of me is the actress who plays old/current day Madeline has an entirely different accent/cadence than young and middle aged Madeline. It’s distracting. The old Madeline sounds like Moira from Schitts Creek but unironically  

Also it’s pretty insane how shoehorned the diversity of the 6 different children feels in this haha. What are the chances 1 regular white dude father has 6 children that includes: 

•A black british lesbian daughter

•A british/south asian gay son

•A bisexual daughter 

•A reg straight white son

•A voyeuristic kink white daughter 

•A latin american bisexual son

I’m not complaining or old man yells at clouding rn but it’s jarring how diverse this man’s progeny ended up 😂

Edited by Ray Reed

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Also it’s pretty insane how shoehorned the diversity of the 6 different children feels in this haha. What are the chances 1 regular white dude father has 6 children that includes: 

•A black british lesbian daughter

•A british/south asian gay son

•A bisexual daughter 

•A reg straight white son

•A voyeuristic kink white daughter 

•A latin american bisexual son

I’m not complaining or old man yells at clouding rn but it’s jarring how diverse this man’s progeny ended up 😂

There is a choice gif from Blue Velvet (Frank Booth/Dennis Hopper) that is a perfect response to this, but it violates TOS, lol

Recently got into Reacher on Amazon.  Love it.  Just a much better version of Jack Reacher.  2 episodes in and I'm already sad knowing there is only one season so far.

Gen V on Amazon.  Only 4 episodes.  Set in "The Boy" universe.  Lots of fun, hope there are more.  I have but one episode before we are done.

Then...the wife was out of town this weekend so I watched a ton of stuff she'd never watch.

That's my Boy.  Sandler movie.  Older one.  Watchable.  Funny at times, but he's done better.

X.  Movie set in 1979 about a strip club owner who takes some talent to the suburbs to shoot an adult film called "The Farmer's Daughters".  Has Jenna Ortega in it, but no, not like that.  Enjoyable enough.  Interesting plot.  Watchable but not great.

The Machine.  Based on Bert Kreischer's stand up.  First?  I had no idea that this was about his stand up.  But it was enjoyable.  Worth the watch.  And now I have to watch his stand up.

The Out-Laws.  Netflix movie.  Pretty good cast.  Interesting plot.  Brosnan was quite good.  I actually liked it despite my usual hatred for Adam Devine.

EDIT:  I forgot that I had watched Renfield.  That's how utterly awful it was.  Just don't do it.

Ragnarok.  Netflix series.  I had watched the first season.  It was quite good.  The voice dubbing was done well to translate to English.  It is actually tough to tell.  Now there are three seasons and I'm like 2-3 episodes into season 2.  It is entertaining.

Edited by vegas492

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Recently got into Reacher on Amazon.  Love it.  Just a much better version of Jack Reacher.  2 episodes in and I'm already sad knowing there is only one season so far.

Season 2 comes out in December IIRC. It's based on book 11 (Bad Luck and Trouble) in the Reacher series (Season 1 was book 1 - Killing Floor). 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm actually enjoying the hell out of Gen V so far, much more so than I expected.  Looking forward to episode 6.

Same here. They did a very solid job with creating a very similar tone to that of the boys in a "student world", which I didn't think would be all that easy. 

I'm still mostly unsure on the actual characters, but the story has been quite fun. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The fall of the house of usher.

Only watched the first episode but might be my favorite mike flannigan thing since the great Midnight Mass

I finished it last night. I really enjoyed it. I loved the incorporating of other poe works into the story. 

• Like 1