What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

19 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Lessons in Chemistry is horrid, but other than that, every show I've watched on Apple TV is must-watch television. Ted Lasso, Shrinking, Foundation, For All Mankind, The Morning Show, and Schmigadoon are so good. 

Have you done Silo yet? I was interested in that, but not enough to do my subscription again. 

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Lessons in Chemistry is horrid, but other than that, every show I've watched on Apple TV is must-watch television. Ted Lasso, Shrinking, Foundation, For All Mankind, The Morning Show, and Schmigadoon are so good. 

I finished s2 of For All Mankind a few months ago but it was a chore to get through.  I love the concept of the show but the writing and acting feels like a CW melodrama far too often.  The guy who plays Ed is the worst lol.  I'm curious to see what happens on Mars but I'm struggling to give s3 a chance.

Physical with Rose Byrne is a really good dark comedy.  I'm about to start s3 of that.  Half hour episodes make it easy to binge.

Not sure when s2 of Severance is supposed to come out but looking fwd to where they take it.

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I finished s2 of For All Mankind a few months ago but it was a chore to get through.  I love the concept of the show but the writing and acting feels like a CW melodrama far too often.  The guy who plays Ed is the worst lol.  I'm curious to see what happens on Mars but I'm struggling to give s3 a chance.

giphy.gif

But no it does have some bad storylines in it for drama. I like the concept but there's some stuff I can go without. Pretty sure season 3 is worse in that regard but I'm not a quitter so I'm in this for the long haul (or until it gets cancelled).

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But no it does have some bad storylines in it for drama. I like the concept but there's some stuff I can go without. Pretty sure season 3 is worse in that regard but I'm not a quitter so I'm in this for the long haul (or until it gets cancelled).

That sounds ominous lol.  Hopefully the show rebounds but it never felt like it was on the cusp of greatness.  More like a phenomenal concept that didn’t have what it needed to execute it at a high level.

I understand the sticktoitiveness but I’ve seen too many TV shows through until the end that simply weren't worth it. And there’s so much great TV elsewhere to enjoy!

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

That sounds ominous lol.  Hopefully the show rebounds but it never felt like it was on the cusp of greatness.  More like a phenomenal concept that didn’t have what it needed to execute it at a high level.

I understand the sticktoitiveness but I’ve seen too many TV shows through until the end that simply weren't worth it. And there’s so much great TV elsewhere to enjoy!

I just love alt history stuff

• Like 1

I just sat through every episode of Tales from the Darkside and maybe ten episodes were worth watching.

I don’t know how this has a cult following and how it influenced so many writers/directors, but it’s crazy to see how many movies were inspired by it.

The only worthwhile aspect was seeing how many movies were directly inspired by individual episodes.

Wait, no. That’s not right. It’s crazy how many movies this blatantly stole from. That’s right.

Seasons of Belief, The Last Car, Cutty Black Sow, Inside the Closet, Trick or Treat, Halloween Candy and maybe three more episodes are the only ones worth watching.

I liked Fall of the House of Usher for the most part but it sucks that it was fictional. It would absolutely rule to have a news cycle where week by week another member of a wealthy, "elite" family died in mysterious ways. The memes the internet would cook up for them would be incredible. 

• Like 2