What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

I don't know if my expectations were too high because of Season 1 and 2 (some of my favorite seasons of any TV show), but Fargo Season 3 just isn't doing it for me.  

Its not bad by any means (I'm 5 or 6 episodes in) and I'll make it to the end, but feels like a step back in every way.  The characters are okay but feel levels behind the likes of Malvo, Lester, Gerhardts, Peggy & Ed, Lou (S2), etc.  And I haven't been able to get into the story as much.  The rivalry between the brothers doesn't do it for me and Varga is the least interesting antagonist.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I don't know if my expectations were too high because of Season 1 and 2 (some of my favorite seasons of any TV show), but Fargo Season 3 just isn't doing it for me.  

Its not bad by any means (I'm 5 or 6 episodes in) and I'll make it to the end, but feels like a step back in every way.  The characters are okay but feel levels behind the likes of Malvo, Lester, Gerhardts, Peggy & Ed, Lou (S2), etc.  And I haven't been able to get into the story as much.  The rivalry between the brothers doesn't do it for me and Varga is the least interesting antagonist.  

To me s3 is the weakest though its pretty good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm beating a dead horse, but I am changing worst season of Barry to Season 4. Gonna be glad to wrap this show up and move on to something else. 

I really like how the season started.  But it lost me after the fourth episode.  

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I really like how the season started.  But it lost me after the fourth episode.  

Same.

Spoiler

I thought it was a dream. Didn't think they really would do the time jump. I swear, Barry's religious switch and Sally going on the lam made no sense to me. 

the finale of the curse was the most anxiety-wrenching thing i've seen on tv in a long time lol. won't ever forget it when thinking about best finales of all time. 

and between this and poor things what a ******* month for emma stone 

22 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Same.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought it was a dream. Didn't think they really would do the time jump. I swear, Barry's religious switch and Sally going on the lam made no sense to me. 

I love

Spoiler

the time jump, mostly for the Ravens character growth. What an series arc for that guy. They needed to do a jump or just end it. It was interesting and unique

Edited by Malfatron

Watching Fool Me Once on Netflix with the wife.  I think this show was written by someone with severe ADHD.  About an episode and a half left to go.  Good enough that I want to finish it, but not very good so far.

• Like 1

Started watching The Night Agent.

The story starts off by this FBI agent getting a lot of attention on a bus for stopping it, getting people off, and saving a bunch of lives b/c he noticed a guy left a bomb on it. A few minutes later, we fast forward to present time and he talks about how people think he was in on the attack even though he got everyone off. Lost me after that nonsense but at least it's entertaining, I guess

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Watching Fool Me Once on Netflix with the wife.  I think this show was written by someone with severe ADHD.  About an episode and a half left to go.  Good enough that I want to finish it, but not very good so far.

I binged this show a while ago in basically one go.

It kinda hooked me at first...but then you're right, it's like it got severe ADHD and started running off down like a hundred different weird paths at once trying to set up something super elaborate and full of intrigue.

I very much doubt the ending will salvage it for you.  If anything, you'll probably just leave very underwhelmed.  lol.

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It kinda hooked me at first...but then you're right, it's like it got severe ADHD and started running off down like a hundred different weird paths at once trying to set up something super elaborate and full of intrigue.

I very much doubt the ending will salvage it for you.  If anything, you'll probably just leave very underwhelmed.  lol.

I'm not really sure why we're supposed to care about any of these people other than they are the ones put in front of the camera.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah, that was way worse than I was even expecting. Straight up laughed out loud at the big "dramatic" climactic scene.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, that was way worse than I was even expecting. Straight up laughed out loud at the big "dramatic" climactic scene.

It was very much like..."ahhh all these loose threads and things going on, how will it all come together?"

And then it just sort wraps up in the most limp, uninteresting whimper of a "dramatic" conclusion.  Like really...?  That's it?  You went off down all these different avenues, and that's it?  lol.  Oh well.