2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

Tony Brothers getting his shine again for tossing Jokic.

What I would say for Brothers is that he's the best person in the NBA at stopping Jokic at least.

I really don't rate him as a positive impact player, but Facu had some crazyyyyy dimes last night. Teams just need to stop collapsing even 1 inch when he drives to the rim. He's a good passer and he can't finish; why collapse ...

18 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm hoping we end up with Paolo, Jabari, or Chet and then trade Grant and Olynyk for cap space and sign Lavine.  Lavine being only 26 would still be good enough at 28 when Cade and whoever we draft this year have developed.  Another option would be adding Miles Bridges but don't think his fit is as good as Lavine would be.  

I hope we flip Jerami Grant for Cam Reddish. I like the idea of drafting Paolo, Jabari, or Chet. I don't think Bridges or Lavine would come to the Pistons. 

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope we flip Jerami Grant for Cam Reddish. I like the idea of drafting Paolo, Jabari, or Chet. I don't think Bridges or Lavine would come to the Pistons. 

Bridges is probably more likely.  He is from just north of Detroit and played at MSU so coming home and making 29M a year would be nice.  If the Hornets don't offer him a max, I could see him coming here. 

Lavine depends on what happens with the Bulls the rest of the year.  They are in third now but they aren't getting much better than they are without internal growth if he stays there so if they end up as a 6 seed and bounced in the first round, he may want out. I've heard he wants to play with Tatum so maybe that happens but the Pistons would have some potential with Cade and Paolo and some other decent role players with potential to develop into a championship contender. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lavine depends on what happens with the Bulls the rest of the year.  They are in third now but they aren't getting much better than they are without internal growth if he stays there so if they end up as a 6 seed and bounced in the first round, he may want out. I've heard he wants to play with Tatum so maybe that happens but the Pistons would have some potential with Cade and Paolo and some other decent role players with potential to develop into a championship contender. 

Chicago was 11th in the East last year and they're currently sitting in 2nd place. The organization went out and acquired Vuc, Lonzo, and DeRozan to show LaVine that they're committed to building a winning team. The Pistons are currently 4-22 this season, Lavine is entering the prime of his career, not sure he'd be thrilled on the idea of playing with Cade and Paolo. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chicago was 11th in the East last year and they're currently sitting in 2nd place. The organization went out and acquired Vuc, Lonzo, and DeRozan to show LaVine that they're committed to building a winning team. The Pistons are currently 4-22 this season, Lavine is entering the prime of his career, not sure he'd be thrilled on the idea of playing with Cade and Paolo. 

So the season is over after 25% of it?  They are only 4 games ahead of the 12 seed.  They IMO will finish in the 5-8 range.  The Bucks, Heat and Sixers will move ahead of them IMO.  Then maybe the Celtics and Hawks.  So as I said previously, it would depend on what happens with them.  If they finish top 2 or 3 and make it to the ECF, sure he would stick around.  If they are a 6 seed and lose first round, why stay when they are strapped for cash and can't change the roster much for the next 3 years? Currently there are two teams that have the cap to sign a max contract and that's Detroit and San Antonio.  I know things will change as people are traded, bought out etc but of those three places, playing with Cade and Paolo sounds ideal.  Not to mention we could keep Grant and still sign him.  Or could move Grant and Olynyk and have room for another max.  So would a team with Paolo, Cade, and Miles Bridges be attractive?  I would think so since all are young and he can be the man for two years while Cade and Paolo develop and then they can carry him after that when he is just past his prime. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

So the season is over after 25% of it?  They are only 4 games ahead of the 12 seed.  They IMO will finish in the 5-8 range.  The Bucks, Heat and Sixers will move ahead of them IMO.  Then maybe the Celtics and Hawks.  So as I said previously, it would depend on what happens with them.  If they finish top 2 or 3 and make it to the ECF, sure he would stick around.  If they are a 6 seed and lose first round, why stay when they are strapped for cash and can't change the roster much for the next 3 years? Currently there are two teams that have the cap to sign a max contract and that's Detroit and San Antonio.  I know things will change as people are traded, bought out etc but of those three places, playing with Cade and Paolo sounds ideal.  Not to mention we could keep Grant and still sign him.  Or could move Grant and Olynyk and have room for another max.  So would a team with Paolo, Cade, and Miles Bridges be attractive?  I would think so since all are young and he can be the man for two years while Cade and Paolo develop and then they can carry him after that when he is just past his prime. 

Chicago went out and acquired 3 marquee players and look significantly better then they did last season while also being without two good young prospects in Patrick Williams and Coby White for most of the year. Once those two are back they should be big boosts for their rotation going forward this season. There were reports this summer that Lavine would consider taking a discount to help Chicago build a winner. If he does want to leave, cap space won't make that much of a difference because he can still land where he wants to go via S&T and there are a lot of places that are more appealing then Detroit. 

The Pistons are currently 4-22 with Cade playing, I don't think that Bridges and Paolo raise the teams ceiling that much next season. When in NBA history has a star player in his prime left a playoff team to sign with a rebuilding team coming off of a year they were the worst team in the NBA?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chicago went out and acquired 3 marquee players and look significantly better then they did last season while also being without two good young prospects in Patrick Williams and Coby White for most of the year. Once those two are back they should be big boosts for their rotation going forward this season. There were reports this summer that Lavine would consider taking a discount to help Chicago build a winner. If he does want to leave, cap space won't make that much of a difference because he can still land where he wants to go via S&T and there are a lot of places that are more appealing then Detroit. 

The Pistons are currently 4-22 with Cade playing, I don't think that Bridges and Paolo raise the teams ceiling that much next season. When in NBA history has a star player in his prime left a playoff team to sign with a rebuilding team coming off of a year they were the worst team in the NBA?

As I have said, it depends on what happens this season.  The Hawks were in the ECF last year and will figure it out.  The Bucks started slow and are rolling.   The Heat have been without Bam and Butler and Lowrey and are right there.  The Bulls spent money on a weird group.  Not sure Ball, Derozan and Vuc are marquee pieces that you can't find elsewhere.  Which one of those players is more attractive than Cade as a teammate?  Which one is more attractive than Paolo?  Which one is more attractive than a Bridges or Ayton? The ancillary pieces would be fine as at that point, Stewart and Bey would move into reserve roles and we could find the Caruso types to fill in the holes.  I know its not common, but its also not common for a player to sign with a team thats at its ceiling as a 6 seed.  So again, it will depend on how things finish up.  Their 4 game lead on the 12 seed is not enough to make me think this team is the truth. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Which one of those players is more attractive than Cade as a teammate?  Which one is more attractive than Paolo?  Which one is more attractive than a Bridges or Ayton? The ancillary pieces would be fine as at that point, Stewart and Bey would move into reserve roles and we could find the Caruso types to fill in the holes.  I know its not common, but its also not common for a player to sign with a team thats at its ceiling as a 6 seed.  So again, it will depend on how things finish up.  Their 4 game lead on the 12 seed is not enough to make me think this team is the truth. 

DeRozan is a multi time All-Star/All-NBA player that has been the best player on really good teams throughout his career when he was with the Raptors and is averaging 26 ppg this year. Vuc is one of the best bigs in the NBA and another guy that has been an All-Star multiple times. You think that the thought of playing with Cade Cunningham and Paolo Banchero is more appealing then playing with those two? What is the Pistons ceiling? You guys are 4-22.