2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Watching this Pistons game so I can watch Cade and this Hayes lineups seems dumb. Cade needs the ball in his hands and with Hayes you’re basically making Cade off ball guard which I don’t like. 

so you're saying don't stick the number 1 pick in the corner for entire possessions? idk seems a little too extreme for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Slow your role lol

I'm kidding. But as I said during the draft process, Cade was overrated due to Luka-mania and them having somewhat similar games just like Ayton was during Embiid's breakout. The difference is Luka has a great handle so even though he's not an explosive athlete he gets to his spots at will and is one of the best passers to ever play basketball. Cade averaged more turnovers then assists in college and the summer league. And his great 3P shooting at Oklahoma State was an outlier, he never shot the ball that well in HS, AAU, or team USA ball. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm kidding. But as I said during the draft process, Cade was overrated due to Luka-mania and them having somewhat similar games just like Ayton was during Embiid's breakout. The difference is Luka has a great handle so even though he's not an explosive athlete he gets to his spots at will and is one of the best passers to ever play basketball. Cade averaged more turnovers then assists in college and the summer league. And his great 3P shooting at Oklahoma State was an outlier, he never shot the ball that well in HS, AAU, or team USA ball. 

And he's playing off the ball in Detroit. It doesn't make sense. As with Hayes, I'm not going to judge Cade right now, under that staff, in that franchise.