Is this the worst Browns regime?

everlong

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure he is. Analytics in football are a lot more difficult to create and apply than sports like baseball and basketball.

The more pieces you are, the more difficult it is, that's pretty obvious. Football is way more dynamic than baseball and basketball, and whit a lot more variables.

Not saying it's an easy thing, but teams have been going in that direction for a while now, and I think there's a lot of potential still to be untapped.

13 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You win a SB one of two ways. Finding a franchise QB and building around him OR amassing a super dominant historically great defense that will be really hot for one (maybe two years max) before fizzling out. The Browns are doing it backwards. They are trying to build the team and plug in the QB at the end.

For what it's worth, the Vikes nearly did this with Favre, if not unintentionally. They had a good team surrounding bad QB's and he elevated them to a dominant squad. If it wasn't for the NFC championship blunders, this would have been a huge success. I'm in no way advocating for this type of build, though. The problem is that players don't necessarily want to go to a team like that, and right now they don't want to go to the Browns. They will need to shell out stupid money to get top level talent there in FA. This means they will have to rely on solid drafts to dig the team out of the hole they'd are in, and I don't know that the FO is competent enough for that. The other option is to get a really notable coach to come in and not only change the culture, but to draw players to the team Andy hopefully have a large say in moves made by the team in FA and the draft. None of these scenarios seem likely right now, but things are pretty dire.

Just now, kramxel said:

The more pieces you are, the more difficult it is, that's pretty obvious. Football is way more dynamic than baseball and basketball, and whit a lot more variables.

Not saying it's an easy thing, but teams have been going in that direction for a while now, and I think there's a lot of potential still to be untapped.

There's certainly potential for it. There are brilliant people in the world. Somebody will eventually crack it. I'm just not sure that it's coming anytime soon. I'm not saying don't try. I think it's absolutely worth the effort. You always have to try to be ahead of the curve. 

4 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

For what it's worth, the Vikes nearly did this with Favre, if not unintentionally. They had a good team surrounding bad QB's and he elevated them to a dominant squad. If it wasn't for the NFC championship blunders, this would have been a huge success. I'm in no way advocating for this type of build, though. The problem is that players don't necessarily want to go to a team like that, and right now they don't want to go to the Browns. They will need to shell out stupid money to get top level talent there in FA. This means they will have to rely on solid drafts to dig the team out of the hole they'd are in, and I don't know that the FO is competent enough for that. The other option is to get a really notable coach to come in and not only change the culture, but to draw players to the team Andy hopefully have a large say in moves made by the team in FA and the draft. None of these scenarios seem likely right now, but things are pretty dire.

It worked with the Broncos too. But you had one of the smartest QB's in the game and one of the smartest QB's of yesteryear guiding the ship making sure the transition was as smooth as possible. Also physically Favre was a generational talent that comes along once every 200 QB's in the league. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It worked with the Broncos too. But you had one of the smartest QB's in the game and one of the smartest QB's of yesteryear guiding the ship making sure the transition was as smooth as possible. Also physically Favre was a generational talent that comes along once every 200 QB's in the league. 

Hey, Jay Cutler could be available sooner than later

how many more years does the current group get if they continue to be bottom feeders? This is year two, and their 2016 class doesnt look all that great. Say they draft one of Darnold/Rosen, if they have a goff/trubisky type rookie year and they again are looking like a bottom three team, do you let them go?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

how many more years does the current group get if they continue to be bottom feeders? This is year two, and their 2016 class doesnt look all that great. Say they draft one of Darnold/Rosen, if they have a goff/trubisky type rookie year and they again are looking like a bottom three team, do you let them go?

I think that if this was all part of the plan, you have to give them two years with their guy at quarterback. I dont feel like the coaching is Jeff Fisher offense level bad.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think that if this was all part of the plan, you have to give them two years with their guy at quarterback. I dont feel like the coaching is Jeff Fisher offense level bad.

kinda disagree with the coaching part, you cant play musical chairs at qb. was never a fan of kizer but could of wrecked his confidence.

and i think it takes more than two years.I mean, that offense has next to zero talent. njoku is promising, duke is a nice pass catching back and then joe thomas of course. they very clearly need a rb, couple wrs,  and qb, and prob some line help. the defense isnt great either, you need to invest there as well. just so many holes to fill, if they miss on an early pick its devastating.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

kinda disagree with the coaching part, you cant play musical chairs at qb. was never a fan of kizer but could of wrecked his confidence.

and i think it takes more than two years.I mean, that offense has next to zero talent. njoku is promising, duke is a nice pass catching back and then joe thomas of course. they very clearly need a rb, couple wrs,  and qb, and prob some line help. the defense isnt great either, you need to invest there as well. just so many holes to fill, if they miss on an early pick its devastating.

Sorry, I meant more from a game flow perspective. I would agree that the handling of Kizer and the QB carousel has been dreadful. 

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In all fairness to Hue, he just trying to find someone who will stop throwing the football to the other team.

if kizer wasnt ready, he shouldnt have started. once he did you live with the results, dont bench him then go back to him.

Archived