Week 7: (2-4) WFT at (5-1) GB - 1 PM on FOX (GIF theme: Bill Murray/Caddyshack)

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It won't happen but ,, If I could call the first play, I'd call a Q B draw just to get Heiny hit and get him into the run / takeoff mode. Well not necessarily hit -O K if he slides. Just get his head in the game from the first snap . ! Second play, look deep and let fly if its 51 / 49 our favor or hit the T E, R B under. 

I remember Heinicke throwing 3 intermediate to deep passes to Terry in the 1st half of last weeks game and missing on each of them. A better QB hits on at least 1 or 2 of them, if not all 3 and we’re up 20-10 at halftime or more. The plays are there to be made, Heinicke isn’t making them.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It won't happen but ,, If I could call the first play, I'd call a Q B draw just to get Heiny hit and get him into the run / takeoff mode. Well not necessarily hit -O K if he slides. Just get his head in the game from the first snap . ! Second play, look deep and let fly if its 51 / 49 our favor or hit the T E, R B under. 

Need to start with a heavy dose of the run, which we are allergic to, to open up some scramble and rollout space for Heineke.  Both of those then open up play action across the middle and down the field.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I remember Heinicke throwing 3 intermediate to deep passes to Terry in the 1st half of last weeks game and missing on each of them. A better QB hits on at least 1 or 2 of them, if not all 3 and we’re up 20-10 at halftime or more. The plays are there to be made, Heinicke isn’t making them.

That's true but he hit RSJ in the hands in the end zone ( game before ) and I believe L Thomas would have caught it . He hit D Brown in the right front of the endzone. He didn't hold on- He's not getting a ton of help.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

That's true but he hit RSJ in the hands in the end zone ( game before ) and I believe L Thomas would have caught it. He hit D Brown in the right front of the endzone. He didn't hold on- He's not getting a ton of help.

For every one of those which you mention I can mention two open WRs that he’s airmailed (Carter twice vs the Saints) or that he’s thrown dirt balls too.

It’s true the receivers we have in their now - minus Terry, McKissic & Humphries - have had their drops/down moments, but I think it’s more true the last two weeks and vs the Bills that Heinicke didn’t play well at all and he missed a lot of open receivers.

I think we all know what to expect. There’s clearly something going on behind the scenes. That said if the coaches don’t start to expand their playbook or start developing younger players because the vets and current lineups aren’t getting it done then we are screwed. Teams adjusted to what we did last year and we have to readjust. I don’t expect much but if Ron can’t get these coordinators to adjust why should we believe we can improve with him? I’d really love to see some new faces to shake this roster up. Collins would be on the bench with a collection of 3 blown coverages/ assignments and he would be cut later this week unless he actually showed some accountability. He clearly won’t so this would be his last action here if I was coach. They’ve been patient. Sometimes the best way to send a message is by subtraction. Collins is the piece I’d send a clear message that money will not be the reason you hold a roster spot. This game should be the last chance for 26!!!