Week 7 GDT - Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers: The revenge of Jimmy G

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, John232 said:

If I’m not mistaken, it’s not like our season gets any easier.

Still have Chicago, Jacksonville, Houston and Atlanta on the slate. Don't know if Russell Wicket will be back with the Seahawks later. It's basically a mixed bag with our division rivals and Tennessee/Cincinnati/Minnesota. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What a disgusting game to attend lol. 

I'll save my thoughts for tomorrow but this was the end of Jimmy's tenure here. Lance time for now on. 

Well we already knew it was his last season here regardless. As for the next game according to Shanahan's presser he already plans to play him against Chicago. 

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well we already knew it was his last season here regardless. As for the next game according to Shanahan's presser he already plans to play him against Chicago. 

Nope, Jimmy is done. Shanny just said basically it depends on the health of his guys ala Trey. 

It's over for Jimmy. 

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, Jimmy is done. Shanny just said basically it depends on the health of his guys ala Trey. 

It's over for Jimmy. 

Actually yes he could still start. At worst it's a coin flip. "I would guess so" is what he said when asked if Jimmy is going to be the starter next week followed by seeing where the health of his guys are at. Then said it was good enough for Jimmy to get healthy enough to play this week. And that was in a rain soaked game. The body language to how Shanahan responded to Cohn's question was essentially "why wouldn't he be?" Shanahan's final statement at the presser further emphasized it to basically be a coin flip saying he needs to evaluate everyone not just the quarterbacks. Not necessarily a definitive endorsement that Trey is going to be starting next week even if he's healthy enough. We just don't know. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

32 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Actually yes he could still start. At worst it's a coin flip. "I would guess so" is what he said when asked if Jimmy is going to be the starter next week followed by seeing where the health of his guys are at. Then said it was good enough for Jimmy to get healthy enough to play this week. And that was in a rain soaked game. The body language to how Shanahan responded to Cohn's question was essentially "why wouldn't he be?" Shanahan's final statement at the presser further emphasized it to basically be a coin flip saying he needs to evaluate everyone not just the quarterbacks. Not necessarily a definitive endorsement that Trey is going to be starting next week even if he's healthy enough. We just don't know. 

He's done. 

If Trey is healthy, he's the guy going forward. 

2 hours ago, gridirongorilla said:

At this point trade Jimmy for what you can get for him start Trey so he can take his lumps

Should have done it in the off-season. Thats what I pisses me off more than anything else. This was a very predictable outcome. JG turning the ball over too much and getting himself benched. This mistake was compounded by the fact that he is severely overpaid. 

I repeated all off-season that I wanted us to give him a pay cut. Incentivize it based on his playing time. If he is our backup then pay him like he's a backup. If he's our starter then pay him like he's a starter, seems simple. He was never going to finish the season as our starter. He was never in our long term plans

I was pissed before the game knowing JG would have at least one fumble and at least one interception. I kept waiting for it to happen. The second pick was just bad luck. Not a bad throw, deebo could have caught it but the corner played him tough and the ball bounced up into the air. With that being said it was the third turnover. We can't have that many. 

What happened to Lenoir??? Is there a reason he was inactive?? Dre Kirkpatrick is worse than Dante Johnson, but Lenoir should have come in at that spot in the game. Kirkpatrick needs to get cut. All he does is panic when the ball is in the air. That last pitman TD was pathetic. If Mosley is there, Wentz probably doesn't make that throw, bc if he did, Eman would have another shot at an INT. It hung in the air for a long time. 

Jalen Moore played very well. I am pretty pleased with him and would like him to start at RG or RT whenever TW is healthy. The right side of our line just can't get it done and there were a few times we tried to run right in crucial spots and it backfired. This kid needs to play. He's one of our five best guys, find a spot for him. 

Elijah Missile is such a perfect fit for what we want our RBs to do. He's terrific 

It was such a good thing to see the boot game working. Needed to stick with it more as JG was clearly most comfortable holding the ball and waiting for guys to get open on those types of plays. 

We really need someone else besides deebo to step up in the passing game. 

I am not giving up on the season. Still plenty of time to make a run. This was a hard fought game against a playoff caliber team. They got things to break their way and had more big plays than we did. Thats not some big indictment on the coaching staff or this roster outside of a few guys. It just means things didn't go our way. Its still early enough in the season to get back on track. Some tough games on the horizon but some easier ones as well. 

We haven't played a complete game on both sides of the ball this year. It's time that changes next week. 

We will be fine 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He's done. 

If Trey is healthy, he's the guy going forward.