Passing Our Way to Failure: Week 7- The Philadelphia Never Runs vs the The Ghost of Jon Gruden's Emails

EaglesPeteC

No idea why but I think we beat the breaks off the Raiders. Carr running for his life most of the game. 🤷‍♂️

Then I remember Sirianni will probably call a 90-10 pass to run ratio against the 25th ranked rush defense and snap back to reality.

19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

They traded a bunch of picks to move up to #2, selected a dude, gave him the largest contract in the entire NFL, and then got rid of him.  If that wasnt bad enough, all Philly has wanted for christmas the past decade is a good WR. Yet every WR the Eagles draft turns into a pumpkin (excluding smith, 6 games in).

I dont know if there are many other teams that can compete with Howie's mess ups the last ~3ish years. 

Howie deserves a TON of criticism for his draft prowess but he deserves a TON of credit digging us out of the Chip Kelly debacle. He erased that nightmare in one off season. Something that probably should have set us back for a decade. Howie wouldn’t know a blue chip prospect if it was knocking on the NovaCare door but a dummy he is not. He’s fleeced his share of GMs and does contracts in his sleep. With all that said, he may have the opportunity to mess all that up this upcoming offseason and get himself canned. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

What his story? Is he any good? Get back to me after you see the Raiders Oline today and tell me if he would be an upgrade

He's solid at Left Tackle, general strengths are in pass protection and against finesse rushers. In camp he was getting bull rushed a lot of the time, and his run blocking while it's not horrible I'd say leaves something to be desired. Potential is definitely there but question is can he fix his flaws? Never try putting him at Right Tackle.

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dillard and our 4th for some teams 2nd please. Better yet, package Dillard and Barnett for some teams 2nd. Then trade Sanders and our 4th to BUF or BAL for their 2nd.
Trade Reagor for Aiyuk?

You're not likely to find a team that wants both Dillard and Barnett.