2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

I think I would be okay with any from - Quinn, Hackett, Callahan or Glenn

Replace Glenn (one year as a coordinator for #31 ranked D), with O’Connell and you have my top-4 as well. Troy Renck was trying to talk up Bieniemy this morning on The Fan - they’re both CU alumns - but even he admitted EB is likely a long shot. 

• Like 1

FWIW this Athletic piece really confirms what many of us have said - DEN is a prime destination this time around, ranking #1 this time around.   It's a refreshing change from 2018, when we were considered near the bottom.   Hopefully it applies for elite QB's wanting to find a new home as well. 😎

Sando polled 5 NFL Execs & Coaches to rank the 8 coaching vacancies. I'll share the rankings and a few snippets from the article

1. Broncos

2. Vikings

3. Raiders

4. Bears

5. Dolphins

6. Giants

7. Jaguars

8. Texans

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW this Athletic piece really confirms what many of us have said - DEN is a prime destination this time around, ranking #1 this time around.   It's a refreshing change from 2018, when we were considered near the bottom.   Hopefully it applies for elite QB's wanting to find a new home as well. 😎

Paton is highly regarded in league circles so this doesn’t surprise me. We also have a lot of cap space and a nice lot of draft picks. 

Daboll has been brought up in this thread a lot, but what about the Bills QB Coach Ken Dorsey as our OC? Obviously depends on who is hired, etc. but would that interest people?

Gotta think if Daboll gets a HC gig, Dorsey would follow as OC but who knows. 

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

Daboll has been brought up in this thread a lot, but what about the Bills QB Coach Ken Dorsey as our OC? Obviously depends on who is hired, etc. but would that interest people?

Gotta think if Daboll gets a HC gig, Dorsey would follow as OC but who knows. 

First I’ve through of him. Remember him as a college and (briefly) NFL QB. But he took raw prospects in both Cam and Josh Allen and got some very good results. Wouldn’t hurt to to talk to him. Like you say, Daboll will probably take him with him but if not I wouldn’t have a problem with George talking to him. 

21 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

All remaining candidates expected to interview this week, so I expect that by the weekend we will either have a hire, or a shortlist of second interviews.

How can that be true? Isn't Callahan on the list?

50 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

New rule change there as well.   Tampa DC Bowles gets to interview Friday / Saturday with Min / Chi before his Sunday game with LAR.  

Now that's a screwed up rule change. If I'm the Bengals I'd be furious. I've got a noon playoff road game on Saturday and my OC is spending Thursday in Denver looking for a job?

33 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Now that's a screwed up rule change. If I'm the Bengals I'd be furious. I've got a noon playoff road game on Saturday and my OC is spending Thursday in Denver looking for a job?

What, you've never looked for a job on company time ??

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Paton and his cadre have been traveling to conduct the interviews at the candidates’ locales. They’re in Dallas today, going to Boston and Philly tomorrow, stopping in Cincy on the way home Thursday and then, I hear, potentially interviewing O’Connell and/or Bieniemy on Zoom Friday; at least one of those 2 will be a Zoom interview.