2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

10 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Ryan Harris on Altitude radio this morning said that Dan Quinn disappointed in his interview but that Jonathan Gannon did very well. 

Contrary to years past, I have a hard time believing anyone about what we're thinking or going to do. Since arriving, Paton has kept everything extremely quiet from the media. 

11 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Ryan Harris on Altitude radio this morning said that Dan Quinn disappointed in his interview but that Jonathan Gannon did very well. 

Ryan Harris the OT who started his career in Denver and then returned to win the superbowl? A fine player!

But do we know if he has actual sources? Wouldn’t shock me if he’s just taken a stab in the dark to increase his profile. 

23 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Contrary to years past, I have a hard time believing anyone about what we're thinking or going to do. Since arriving, Paton has kept everything extremely quiet from the media. 

Paton does seem to run a pretty tight-lipped ship, he likes to control the narrative whereas Elway knew everyone in town and was at more willing to fly by the seat of his pants. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Ryan Harris the OT who started his career in Denver and then returned to win the superbowl? A fine player!

But do we know if he has actual sources? Wouldn’t shock me if he’s just taken a stab in the dark to increase his profile. 

I would really be surprised if he went on the radio and stated something he had completely fabricated. Remember he is a former player with ties to the organization and throughout the league, he is a contributor on CBS Sports and is the radio color commentator for Notre Dame football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

The Broncos are going to interview Eric Bieniemy tomorrow:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/8752/eric-bieniemy

Obviously Paton didn’t hire Fangio, but it’d smell a little yucky (to me, at least) to go from one ‘finally’ HC hire to another. Vic had a whole bunch of interviews before someone actually gave him a job, Bieniemy feels very similar for me. Which is not a good thing after having just lived through the Fangio era.

At some point, trust that enough other front office guys have seen enough to steer clear, no?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I would really be surprised if he went on the radio and stated something he had completely fabricated. Remember he is a former player with ties to the organization and throughout the league, he is a contributor on CBS Sports and is the radio color commentator for Notre Dame football. 

Ahhh.. And Quinn went to Notre Dame

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

When you go to Notre Dame, they just give you inside info

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Last couple days definitely feels like a media-wide splash of cold water on Quinn being the next HC, with a lot of “don’t sleep on Gannon”. Pretty interesting…

I’ve gotten the opposite.  Seems like Quinn has been a forgone conclusion.  Even before the “search.”

Friend just sent me a video of Allbright saying Quinn turned down the Bears job because the Bears weren’t going to hire Paton as GM and that they want to work together.

Read another from a reporter out of Dallas that Quinn has the job and the rest is checking boxes and looking for OC/DC candidates.