BDL 2021 Week 7 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Hungary Hippos

SirA1

Who Wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2021 at 03:59 AM

BDL 2021 Week 7

Match:  Lancaster Werewolves @ Hungary Hippos

Away Owner:   @rackcs

Home Owner:  @PR

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Jared Goff

RB: Miles Sanders

WR: Michael Pittman Jr.

WR: Diontae Johnson

WR: Quez Watkins

TE: Anthony Firkser

LT: Terron Armstead

LG: Quenton Nelson

😄 Billy Price

RG: Robert Hunt

RT: Lane Johnson

RB: Leonard Fournette

RB: AJ Dillon

RB: Trey Sermon

RB: Giovani Bernard

WR: Michael Strachan

OL: Jason Peters

OL: Ereck Flowers

OL: Connor Williams

DE: Joey Bosa

DT: Kenny Clark

DT: Justin Madubuike

DE: TJ Watt

LB: Bobby Wagner

LB: Fred Warner

CB: Jalen Ramsey

CB: Kindle Vildor

CB: Kevin King (Q) - INACTIVE

FS: Logan Ryan

SS: Vonn Bell

EDGE: Ola Adeniyi

EDGE: Pernell McPhee

INT: Linval Joseph

LB: Mykal Walker

CB: Ross Cockrell

CB: Arthur Maulet

S/LB: Jonathan Abram

S: Taylor Rapp

Hungary Hippos

QB - Dak Prescott
RB - James Robinson
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - Adam Thielen
WR - Tyler Lockett
TE - TJ Hockenson
LT - Charles Leno
LG - Ali Marpet
C - Matt Paradis
RG - Graham Glasgow
RT - Eric Fisher

RB - Joe Mixon
WR - Darius Slayton
WR - Marquise Goodwin
TE - Jonnu Smith
TE- Ian Thomas
OL - John Simpson 
OL - Andre Dillard

DE - Emmanuel Ogbah
DT - Jonathan Allen
DT - DaQuan Jones
DE - Charles Harris
LB - Deion Jones
LB - Logan Wilson
CB - Casey Hayward
FS - Harrison Smith
SS - Chuck Clark
NCB - AJ Bouye
CB - Emmanuel Moseley

DE - Everson Griffen
DE - Mario Addison
DT - Solomon Thomas
DT - Nick Williams
LB - Denzel Perryman
LB - Terrell Lewis
CB - AJ Parker
CB - Amani Oruwaiye

Lancaster Werewolves

Lancaster Offensive Strategy:

Our offensive line just got a big bump this week as it looks like Nelson, Armstead, and Johnson are all back healthy. We’re going back to our ground and pound offense but we expect to have much more success this week against a relatively weak Hungary front 7. We’re going to again rotate our deep RB stable a lot again to eat up clock and keep the potent Hungary offense off of the field. We want our run:pass ratio to be something like 60:40.

Our main plan on offense is to get the ball in our playmakers hands so we’re going be giving the ball a lot to Miles Sanders and Diontae Johnson. Sanders is going to get plenty of touches in the run game (60%) as well as plenty of receiving touches as well. We want to get him to the outside in the run game with pitches. Luckily we’ve got probably the best pulling guard in the game coming back this week with Quenton Nelson so he should do great at opening holes and giving Miles Sanders room to use his elusiveness. Likewise his touches in the passing game will primarily be on screens, although we will occasionally split him out wide when we use a two RB formation. With Diontae Johnson we want to hit him with WR screens where he does well, but we also want to hit him on quick slants or curls where he can get some separation and use his speed and elusiveness to get downfield.

As for the rest of the guys on offense, we want to use Michael Pittman’s physicality and size against the smaller Hungary CBs. We want to hit him on some contested catch opportunities as well as using slants for him and letting him break tackles with his size. Quez Watkins we’ll take a couple of deep shots with this game but also get him some short stuff where he can hopefully use his speed to separate from defenders. Anthony Firkser will primarily be used in blocking both at TE and sometimes FB. With our other RBs, we want to attack the Hungary front 7 that we think is largely susceptible to a physical running game outside of a few players. We want to do a decent amount of ground and pound with Fournette (25%) and Dillon (15%) to wear out their guys up front.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy:

This is a tough offense to defend so a large chunk of our defensive game plan has to do with our offensive gameplan of keeping them off of the field. We want to limit their chances of scoring by keeping them on the sidelines with sustained offensive drives. As for the defense itself, we plan on keeping it physical upfront as we think we can win where it matters: in the trenches. We want to bottle up their running game and put pressure on Prescott all game long.

We want our defensive ends, TJ Watt and Josey Bosa to dominate the matchups with Eric Fisher and Charles Leno. They’ll really control things against the pass and run. In the middle Kenny Clark is a great piece versus the pass and run and we’ll be rotating Madubuike and Joseph plenty. Madubuike and his pass rush will be good in passing downs and Joseph will be nice in run downs so that’s how we’ll split them. Likewise we’ll be rotating Bell and Abram plenty well. Abram has absolutely thirved this year as a LB hybrid role so we’ll be playing him on running downs and Bell on other downs.

Our coverage scheme will largely be a cover 3 this week to contain the big plays against the Hungary offense. We want to limit their time on the field and take away the big plays when they’re out there. On most downs/obvious passing downs, we’ll have Ramsey, Ryan, and Vildor playing deep thirds with King/Cockrell, Bell, Warner, and Wagner playing underneath. On obvious running downs Abram will replace Bell to better defend against the run. With this scheme we hope to stop big plays from Hungary and force them into our slow, methodical rythym. We will also occasionally blitz one or rarely sometimes both linebackers to confuse the offense and create more pressure. We think we can put enough pressure on Prescott with or without the blitz tyo limit the offense and keep this game close.

Hungary Hippos

This week we face a Lancaster team that has been hit by some key injuries along the offensive side which has spurred a fire-sale mentality. However, their defense is still quality even after their flurry of moves as they prepare for next off-season. Thus, we will take their defense seriously and treat them as a potential dark horse that will try to throw something at us to try to win the game. 

Offense:
Lancaster’s bread and butter is in it’s d-line. To counter act Lancaster’s strength I will be utilizing a plan similar to Camden’s last week, save instead of 4 WR wide, I’m going to flex out TJ into the open field. Spreading the offense will create additional weakpoints against Lancaster’s defense. By flexing TJ it provides another man to cover outside either by the safety or LBer or Dak will have a safety valve in the open field if he is not covered. Additionally we will look to get Robinson and Mixon going in the passing game to help avoid the blitz further. Dak is also a threat to run at any point if he feels pressure. Combined with the flexed TE and RB in the passing game this will either leave Dak with open running space, or a WR in single coverage with the safety tasked to cover someone else. 
Speaking on the single WR coverage, an area Lancaster is hurting in is it’s DBs. They have one quality CB remaining in Jalen Ramsey (who has allowed 25/37 targets thrown at him). The others are largely depth CBs. Thus we will not be afraid to throw it at any CB. We will throw different WR looks with the 3WR formations with Thielen, DK and Locket rotating between boundary and slot WR. By showing bunches and floods and trips it will make it difficult for Lancaster’s CB to key on specific route trees. 
As for the running game, they will still get a healthy does of the run, especially to the edge of the defense away from the TE as there will be a man out of position if they play man defense. 

Defense:
With Russell Wilson going down, Lancaster turned into a fire-sale team a couple of weeks ago. Lancaster is starting Goff at QB on the road. Road Goff has been notorious for not doing well, has an increased pick percentage and overall has lower production across the board. We already see a sizeable advantage here just with that one facet of the game.  
To make Goff make the most mistakes, we are going to force Lancaster to have to use Goff more. Thus we are going to key on Lancaster’s run game. We will be a Cover 1 single high with Smith moving up into the box with Wilson and Jones. With a seven man box we look to neutralize the threat of the run game. By stuffing the run it forces Lancaster into longer down and distances and makes Lancaster rely on longer and make him more prone to mistake as the pass rush will have more time to hit home on Goff. On 3rd down and long we will send additional blitzers either from the safety or LBing position to collapse the pocket on Goff.
The only coverage lock is Hayward versus Johnson. The other CBs are interchangeable with the rest of Lancaster’s receiving core. The LBers will be interchangeable with TE/RB coverage. Smith will key up on Goff unless there is a second TE on the field. 

I don’t see Goff playing poorly but having to play an offense that scores often and consistently get down field is a tough proposition.

Sidenote: if you’re going run heavy Racks Miles Sanders production is strictly projection based because The Eagles aren’t running. It should be Fournette leading the way.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

Even with a strong front 7 for Lancaster, Dak and his weapons are able to take advantage of the the non Ramsey corners in this game (Ramsey gets a pick and I laughed at this “quality” and stats trying to discredit statement). Lancaster going heavy cover 3 will take away some big plays for Hungary but ultimately Hungary’s run game does just enough to make up the difference. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MD4L said:

I don’t see Goff playing poorly but having to play an offense that scores often and consistently get down field is a tough proposition.

Sidenote: if you’re going run heavy Racks Miles Sanders production is strictly projection based because The Eagles aren’t running. It should be Fournette leading the way.

Which is a shame because Sanders should be the guy I rely upon here because of his ability both in the run and pass game but I can't simply because Philly is incompetent.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rackcs said:

Which is a shame because Sanders should be the guy I rely upon here because of his ability both in the run and pass game but I can't simply because Philly is incompetent.

He also does tons of boneheaded things on the field and it seems apparent the staff doesn't trust him in key situations. 

That being said, I think Lancaster is going to be able to run the ball at will in this game because I think they have a distinct advantage in the trenches on that side. On the flip side, I think Dak and Co. are going to be able to sling it. 

So when the going gets tough, I don't think Lancaster can score enough to be able to keep running all game.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

He also does tons of boneheaded things on the field and it seems apparent the staff doesn't trust him in key situations. 

That being said, I think Lancaster is going to be able to run the ball at will in this game because I think they have a distinct advantage in the trenches on that side. On the flip side, I think Dak and Co. are going to be able to sling it. 

So when the going gets tough, I don't think Lancaster can score enough to be able to keep running all game.

I'm not saying he's Barry Sanders or anything but this staff clearly is not using him enough/properly either. I mean I'm not an Eagles fan so I'm sure you have more insight but that's how it seems to me, although I am admittedly biased of course.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

I'm not saying he's Barry Sanders or anything but this staff clearly is not using him enough/properly either. I mean I'm not an Eagles fan so I'm sure you have more insight but that's how it seems to me, although I am admittedly biased of course.

Trust me, we all want him to break out. Last year he couldn't catch the ball to save his life and had fumbling issues. This year he's done dumb things like purposely run out of bounds on consecutive runs while the eagles were trying to run clock. Explosive player. Just shoots himself in tbe foot.

• Like 1