Should Andy Reid Be On The Hot Seat?

HolmesPriest

Just now, ET80 said:

Ok, need you to re-read what you were responding to, little boy:

Reid had winning seasons with Alex Smith. That's all that was said.

Okay but that’s not the goal. I care about playoff wins only. Since they expanded it any team with a winning record gets in but what happens when you get there? Reid came up short time and time again in the playoffs until he got Patrick. There’s a reason he didn’t keep his job in Philly. 

Not many teams find themselves in the position were in with Mahomes on a 10 year contract. It’s easy to bring up hey Reid is pretty good and you guys were bad before he got there but it’s not the reality of the situation now. Yes Reid helped us get here but No we don’t have to keep him.

I really have no further comment..  if you thinking axing Reid isn’t going to have an affect on Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill… from an organizational standpoint,   I think you highly underestimate what Reid does.     

Mahomes is definitely not a mastermind either..   supremely talented, yes….    But anyone acting like Mahomes isn’t part of the issue going on,  is blinded.     Maybe a little less Mahomes Magic,  and more of taking what Andy’s scheme creates.. and we’d be alright.        Not sure why the panic,   This roster was always extremely flawed…. But take out the Titans game.. we are producing on offense at historic numbers,  minus the turnovers. 

If you want to ax someone.    Find out why we’re paying our DL 20-25% of the cap to produce 5 sacks.    

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Andy Reid should definitely be on the hot seat.  Come to think of it, they should get rid of that stiff in New England too.  The last season and a half has shown how inept he is.  So many underachieving coaches out there.     

I don’t care if you’re going to the HOF, you haven’t won a championship in two years, Get the hell out of here!!!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Not many teams find themselves in the position were in with Mahomes on a 10 year contract. It’s easy to bring up hey Reid is pretty good and you guys were bad before he got there but it’s not the reality of the situation now. Yes Reid helped us get here but No we don’t have to keep him.

It's a shame you didn't hire Matt Nagy instead.  You could have had the Nagy/Trubisky combo instead of being dragged down by Andy Reid.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Okay but that’s not the goal. I care about playoff wins only. Since they expanded it any team with a winning record gets in but what happens when you get there? Reid came up short time and time again in the playoffs until he got Patrick. There’s a reason he didn’t keep his job in Philly. 

Could this have been the reason?

mcnabb-campbells-chunky-soup-eagles.jpg&

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

We need a defensive mastermind at HC because we already have a mastermind on offense at QB.

I love Mahomes, I really do, but he is 100% not that guy, yet. He has insane talent, he has a ridiculous feel for the game, and has proven to be insanely clutch so far in his career. His competitive spirit and drive are fantastic. He seems to be a great leader for the team. And the vast majority of the time he makes good decisions. There are so many fantastic things about who he is and what he does as QB.

But he is still a young player with bad habits and flaws. Even when he has played like easily the best QB in football, he has still had those flaws. We're now just on the wrong side of some of the luck, and are playing worse around it, so the bad habits are getting magnified. Mahomes is a guy who absolutely needs coaching and development, still.

Mahomes, at 26, is not prime Brady or Peyton, capable of responsibly and coolly calling and running the offense straight solo. Mind you, Brady and Peyton at 26 weren't those guys yet either. Mahomes's athleticism still compensates for his youth. He still needs coaching and development if we want him to be that kind of guy in 5 to 10 years. Taking the approach that Mahomes is so great he doesn't need a guy like Reid on O will handicap how great he can be long term.

• Like 4