Should Andy Reid Be On The Hot Seat?

HolmesPriest

9 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Pretty sure Twitter isn't where you go to get the "pulse" of the fandom. When I searched it I saw a lot of other helmets in avys not KC helmets.

That trending hashtag coupled with this thread though is a laugh. DJ Khalid isn’t the only one suffering from success, Kansas City is as well with the fair weather crowd right now 

• Like 1

really one of those situations where there are a few problems with the team, sure, but none of them are the coach.

"lose game so fire coach" is way too simplistic, and ignores the plethora of contextual factors at play with any given team's season. imagine starting a thread asking if the chiefs should now be looking to trade mahomes - now that would be stupid, right? this is the same thing!

• Like 1

Yes. The team has declined in all 3 phases and looks poorly coached and unprepared. Reid has already had a health scare,  he’s had to deal with idiot kids giving him extra stress, he’s not in good shape and he’s already had a long career being the first coach to get 100 wins with two teams.

Mahomes is on a 10 year contract and needs a head coach in his prime to enable us to win multiple championships. Right now Andy Reid looks on the decline as a coach and this is the most favorable job in the league for a HC. We need to clean house and fire Andy Reid and get a new head coach and let him pick his own coaching staff. 

Additionally we should trade Tyrann Matthieu to Arizona for a 2nd round pick and anyone else we don’t plan on resigning for whatever we can get. Basically punt this season and turn our focus towards next.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

he’s had to deal with idiot kids giving him extra stress

Look man. This is a bit off-topic but can you (and others, not just you) please refrain from calling Reid's sons "idiots" for making bad decisions? Surely there are better words to use to get your point across.

It's no secret that I don't have any respect for how you condone yourself on this site and I'm not asking this small favor of you to be PC or anything like that (read my post history brother....I'm FAR from it lol) but I'm asking this more as a personal favor....man to man. Forget the site rules or we may feel about each other....alright?

I've made mistakes in the past myself that almost cost someone else's life too due to poor choices I made and he is still suffering the effects until this day (not related to drinking and driving but it doesn't matter, it's still the same outcome and is actually worse). My son was also addicted to drugs at the age of 15 to 18 (unbeknownst to myself, his mother, and coach) and both of us have turned our lives around ---my son still struggles here and there with other issues, opposite of drugs, but it's 10x better than it was.

Now, be honest (no offense will be taken), would you consider us "idiots"? I don't think we are, IMO. All of us, yourself included, I'm sure, have done dumb crap when we were young that we all regret later on in life but it doesn't make us "idiots" either, does it? That's kind of how we learn when we're young, is it not?

TLDR: If you wanna call it making an "idiotic choice" then I have no problem with that but please don't judge what you don't understand. That's all I'm saying.

Carry on everyone, I didn't mean for this derail the thread even though it did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Mahomes is clearly elite, but it has been easy to see how creative and innovative Andy Reid has been over the last few years with him.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can come to the same conclusion as him given Reid's history.

At this point, it's almost getting as bad as the Brady made Belichick arguments, and vice-versa, all over again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Yes. The team has declined in all 3 phases and looks poorly coached and unprepared. Reid has already had a health scare,  he’s had to deal with idiot kids giving him extra stress, he’s not in good shape and he’s already had a long career being the first coach to get 100 wins with two teams.

Mahomes is on a 10 year contract and needs a head coach in his prime to enable us to win multiple championships. Right now Andy Reid looks on the decline as a coach and this is the most favorable job in the league for a HC. We need to clean house and fire Andy Reid and get a new head coach and let him pick his own coaching staff. 

Additionally we should trade Tyrann Matthieu to Arizona for a 2nd round pick and anyone else we don’t plan on resigning for whatever we can get. Basically punt this season and turn our focus towards next.

It's fans like You that spoil it for the true die hard Chiefs fans that have actually suffered through the past 4 decades being average and never remotely tasting the success Andy brought KC the past decade.

Unreal really how self entitled and spoiled the past 3 seasons has made fans like yourself.  I'd wish the days of Haley, Edward's and Vermeil upon you, but I bet you were in grade school and unaware at the time what poor HC actually looked like.

How about holding your players accountable for their piss poor play and overconfidence? Thinking we just walk onto the field and are guaranteed a Win.

Reid isn't the problem, believing the Hype and Media outlets is.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's fans like You that spoil it for the true die hard Chiefs fans that have actually suffered through the past 4 decades being average and never remotely tasting the success Andy brought KC the past decade.

Unreal really how self entitled and spoiled the past 3 seasons has made fans like yourself.  I'd wish the days of Haley, Edward's and Vermeil upon you, but I bet you were in grade school and unaware at the time what poor HC actually looked like.

How about holding your players accountable for their piss poor play and overconfidence? Thinking we just walk onto the field and are guaranteed a Win.

Reid isn't the problem, believing the Hype and Media outlets is.

Mahomes brought the team most of their success. Andy and Alex were a good pairing I’ll admit but Andy is getting exposed more and more over time. If he was so great he wouldn’t have gotten forced out of Philly.

I want us to replace Reid with a defensive minded coach and let Mahomes handle the offense like a Manning Rodgers or Brady. I’m tired of watching garbage defense year after year. Mahomes will cook regardless of who the head coach is we need to clean up these other mistakes that never get fixed under Andy Reid.

47 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Look man. This is a bit off-topic but can you (and others, not just you) please refrain from calling Reid's sons "idiots" for making bad decisions? Surely there are better words to use to get your point across.

It's no secret that I don't have any respect for how you condone yourself on this site and I'm not asking this small favor of you to be PC or anything like that (read my post history brother....I'm FAR from it lol) but I'm asking this more as a personal favor....man to man. Forget the site rules or we may feel about each other....alright?

I've made mistakes in the past myself that almost cost someone else's life too due to poor choices I made and he is still suffering the effects until this day (not related to drinking and driving but it doesn't matter, it's still the same outcome and is actually worse). My son was also addicted to drugs at the age of 15 to 18 (unbeknownst to myself, his mother, and coach) and both of us have turned our lives around ---my son still struggles here and there with other issues, opposite of drugs, but it's 10x better than it was.

Now, be honest (no offense will be taken), would you consider us "idiots"? I don't think we are, IMO. All of us, yourself included, I'm sure, have done dumb crap when we were young that we all regret later on in life but it doesn't make us "idiots" either, does it? That's kind of how we learn when we're young, is it not?

TLDR: If you wanna call it making an "idiotic choice" then I have no problem with that but please don't judge what you don't understand. That's all I'm saying.

Carry on everyone, I didn't mean for this derail the thread even though it did.

Fair enough they’re not idiots but what they did was idiotic and the most recent one did it at the worst possible time for me as a chief fan. 

I respect every human being but that doesn’t mean I have to support or like them if they start screwing with chiefs football. Dee Ford for example is an idiot to me. But yeah Reid’s kid probably deserves to spend a little time in prison for what he did. Not that I know much about that situation just the effect on the super bowl prep and Reid’s game day energy was obvious to me. But with our patchwork offensive line against that front 7 maybe it didn’t matter either way. 

Also my main point was just to say that these stressful events age people and Andy Reid isn’t a man in good physical shape and just had a recent health scare where he was taken to the hospital after a game. I think it’s reasonable to say maybe his best coaching is behind him. Since that last super bowl something has just looked off about Andy and the coaching to me. Too much laziness and nepotism and lack of competitiveness across the board.

Edited by Kirill