Should Andy Reid Be On The Hot Seat?

HolmesPriest

I honestly feel like Reid/the chiefs hasnt been the same since his son almost killed some kids and got fired.

yesterday he said he had no idea even the kinda defenses he was seeing out there. Dont even remember the last time he sounded so lost and…old.

he even got taken to the hospital after a game, how many head coaches have hospital visits midseason?

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Of course not. Their DC, maybe.....

This was posted in the KC forum, and while our defense has absolutely been very bad, this is an INCREDIBLY misleading graphic. The time of the tweet was specifically after only the early slate of games were done, so we were one of the only teams in the league to have played 7 games at the time this graphic was posted, and they specifically go for bulk numbers, not per game or per play. Per game, they're somewhere around 26th or so in most of these stats. Still bad, but not quite like this looks.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I honestly feel like Reid/the chiefs hasnt been the same since his son almost killed some kids and got fired.

yesterday he said he had no idea even the kinda defenses he was seeing out there. Dont even remember the last time he sounded so lost and…old.

That is not at all what he said. Look for the full quote, not just the clickbaity portion. He's talking about the mistakes, plays not being made that are there, etc. People just quoted the bold below on twitter and everyone assumed it was about scheme. He's talking about execution on our side being worse than he's ever seen.

“I’ve seen our boys do it and do the pieces, we just don’t do it now,” Reid admitted during his opening speech on Sunday October 24th. “We didn’t do it offensively, we didn’t finish it.” it defensively. … We really have to get both sides to play well. We have to eliminate the fluctuations and penalties; These are things that weren’t common with us. I see things that I’ve never seen before. “

“Guys I saw performing didn’t do certain things. We’re right there to do the right thing and make a difference, and it’s going the other way. We have to fix that. “

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

How much of that is because the Cheifs offense is turning the ball over seemingly every other possession. Its easy to make a defense look bad when you turn the ball over 2+ times per game.

Not as much as you'd think. While the turnovers are bad, the team still leads the league (or at least they did prior to the Titans game, haven't checked since) in most drive stats. Plays per drive, yards per drive, points per drive, time of possession per drive, etc. They hold the ball really well, with KC this year, you're basically just subbing out spots where other teams would have punts or field goals, and we're instead turning the ball over. Most of those turnovers have been in opposing territory. We're actually 6th best in the NFL in average opposing starting field position, so it isn't like the defense is coming onto the field backed up or anything. Coming into the Titans game our defense had faced the fewest drives of any team in football. I think Green Bay passed us now, with the offense doing so poorly against Tennessee. But at one point, our D had faced the fewest drives but allowed the most points.

So while it's somewhat counter-intuitive, the turnovers have done very little to contribute to the defense's issues. The normal problems that turnovers cause (lack of scoring, too many drives for the D, poor time of possession, and losing the field position battle) all don't apply. Aside from the one or two turnovers that turned straight to points, the turnovers have almost nothing to do with the bad defensive performance. The turnovers have mostly just held the offense back from looking even more ridiculous statistically (again, prior to the Titans game where they just sucked.)

19 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seems like Chiefs fans forgot about those late Herm Edwards-early Todd Haley years with dumb questions like this. 

No we got a flash back to them with Reid’s comments after the Titans game. He sounded lost and clueless.

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

That is not at all what he said. Look for the full quote, not just the clickbaity portion. He's talking about the mistakes, plays not being made that are there, etc. People just quoted the bold below on twitter and everyone assumed it was about scheme. He's talking about execution on our side being worse than he's ever seen.

He still hasn’t looked like he has the same fervor for the game since the super bowl last season. He’s gone thru a lot with his personal life as of late and isn’t in great physical health and we have maybe the biggest target on our backs of all time this season.

I just think it’s a what have you done for me lately league and we have the most attractive HC seat in the business I don’t want to watch this thing devolve into an Andy Reid retirement party I want to hire the next great young coach to pair with Mahomes and keep it moving. 

In the past we had little talent and no QB so nobody wanted to coach here. Our current situation is not that, we can have any HC in the league and need to ask ourselves, is Coach Reid the best option right now out of every coach available?

obviously you don’t fire him mid season but you start doing your homework now.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

he even got taken to the hospital after a game, how many head coaches have hospital visits midseason?

6 minutes ago, Kirill said:

He still hasn’t looked like he has the same fervor for the game since the super bowl last season. He’s gone thru a lot with his personal life as of late and isn’t in great physical health and we have maybe the biggest target on our backs of all time this season.

I just think it’s a what have you done for me lately league and we have the most attractive HC seat in the business I don’t want to watch this thing devolve into an Andy Reid retirement party I want to hire the next great young coach to pair with Mahomes and keep it moving. 

In the past we had little talent and no QB so nobody wanted to coach here. Our current situation is not that, we can have any HC in the league and need to ask ourselves, is Coach Reid the best option right now out of every coach available?

obviously you don’t fire him mid season but you start doing your homework now.

Y'all sound like the guy who said he needs to look into a draft prospect's eyes. Trying to psychoanalyze the head coach. Andy Reid wasn't in the best physical shape freaking 25 years ago. Can coach just fine. This is all absolutely ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Kirill said:

No we got a flash back to them with Reid’s comments after the Titans game. He sounded lost and clueless.

So you do recognize the symptoms? Pot meet Kettle,  living in glass houses much? Be careful. 

8 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I just think it’s a what have you done for me lately league

He won the Chiefs 1st SB in 50 years 20 months ago and lost a chance at B2B Championships to the GOAT just 8 months ago. 

I get it, you're not used to your QB looking like Jameis Winston. It must be Andy's fault that wonder boy has 13 TO in 7 games. 

• Like 1

its hilarious that these KC fans are calling for Reid's head after starting 3-4. So sad that these people will quickly forget that Andy Reid resurrected this organization and having a current record that is losing, what a piss poor fan club if you think Reid needs to be on the hot seat. Winning season for the last 8 years and your questioning whether he can coach or not.  I mean they were in the superbowl 9 months ago and you all talking about what have you done for me lately and needs to be on the hot seat cause you starting off 3-4. Andy reid should leave just to see these fans calling for his head be put in a situation to never have an opportunity to go to a superbowl again. What a fair weather fake fanbase if your really believing Reid is an issue right now.

Trust there are not many, Chiefs fans,  who would even think about canning Andy.    

Hopefully this is a wake up call...  the arrogance of the 20-0 and then this..   There are a ton of guys on this roster that need to look in the mirror.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Yes, lol. 

• Like 1