Should Andy Reid Be On The Hot Seat?

HolmesPriest

No. 🤦 

The only thing I will say is I kinda wonder if he is winding down a bit physically. He's always been a big man and he kinda waddles up and down the sideline a lot more than I recall. Got taken to the hospital via ambulance after the Charger game for "dehydration". 

Also, wouldn't be totally shocked if the man has a busted heart. His remaining son is about to spend a lot of time behind bars as the trial is about 6 months away. 63 years old on top of it.

To sum it up, the only way Andy isn't the coach in KC is he leaves on his own terms (physically) unless he goes winless for a season or 2.

40 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Remember when Philly fired Doug Pederson for one bad season despite winning a SB three years prior and made the playoffs in between thinking that'll instantly turn them around?

You mean the HC with 180+ less wins in the NFL then Andy Reid, that HC? I do.

This threads about as stupid as the one created for Bill Belichick. When Andy wants to leave, he will. There is no hot seat,  never will be after his last 4 seasons.

Just stop already. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

When Andy wants to leave, he will. There is no hot seat,  never will be after his last 4 seasons.

I wonder if you said this in 2005 as well. 

But I agree with you completely in terms of the Chiefs and Ried at this stage in his life. Id imagine its going to be his call.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Reid took the Chiefs to three Superbowls in the past four seasons. It wouldve been four straight Superbowls had the defender not lined up offsides in the AFCCG against the Pats. 

2017 - Wild Card loss to TEN

2018 - AFCCG loss to NE

2019 - SB win

2020 - 2020 SB loss

It seems like the main issue has been the defense, which seems to be the running theme with Reid over the years. Outside of Jimmy Johnson and Sean McDermott (who only lasted a season for whatever reason), Andy Reid has done a horrible job of hiring the right DC for his team. When Vic Fangio gets fired, that’s who Reid should get as his new DC.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Not at all. But I think Spags and Veach should be feeling the heat a bit, if they aren't already. The defense has been pitiful this year, and the moves they made to rebuild the OL clearly haven't panned out. 

No coach lives off of one game (SB42) more than Spags.

• Like 1