Should Andy Reid Be On The Hot Seat?

HolmesPriest

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Yes. The team has declined in all 3 phases and looks poorly coached and unprepared. Reid has already had a health scare,  he’s had to deal with idiot kids giving him extra stress, he’s not in good shape and he’s already had a long career being the first coach to get 100 wins with two teams.

I was expecting excuses from you, but I have to say 'it's the kids' and 'he's fat' wouldn't have featured high on my probability list.

You've outdone yourself

• Like 2

I think I can speak for pretty much all non-Chief AFC fans when I say, yes...it is absolutely time to dump not only Reid, but Mahomes as well.   Trade Mahomes while he still has value....preferably to the Steelers.  After this week, he is probably only worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, but another week like this and you may just have to cut him outright.   

Edited by 43M
  • Like 5

Hahaha this is literally the worst take to be on here. The guy has one rough season going in to KC and your already wanting him to be on a hot seat. Change this to DC should be on the hot seat as that is the issue at hand right now. The offense is in top 10 statistics which is Reid's background. SO many other coaches need to be on the hot seat well before reid.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

How much of that is because the Cheifs offense is turning the ball over seemingly every other possession. Its easy to make a defense look bad when you turn the ball over 2+ times per game.

turnovers or not being 2nd to last in yards against is a huge issue even with the ball turned over offenses are able to march it down their throats with ease. Mahomes is making more mistakes then he needs to because he is trying to overcompensate for the defense from being bad. Andy Reid being on the hot seat is an absolute joke to even discuss the guy has done nothing but be successful for this teams since going to KC and one disappointing start and people coming at him with pitchforks. Talk to organizations who have been dealing with bad seasons for 20+ years let alone 7 games

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 43M said:

7 hours ago, 43M said:

I think I can speak for pretty much all non-Chief AFC fans when I say, yes...it is absolutely time to dump not only Reid, but Mahomes as well.   Trade Mahomes while he still has value....preferably to the Steelers.  After this week, he is probably only worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, but another week like this and you may just have to cut him outright.   

I volunteer th Saints for the Mahomes experiment.

Edited by Jlowe22

This can't be a serious question, right? Right? 

Dude has a down year amid the league's worst defense and it's all of a sudden time to possibly can him? Do people actually think the Chiefs were locks for 14+ wins and Super Bowl appearances every year for the next decade or so? 

They're 7 points away from 5-2. Yes, the other two losses have been ugly, but every team has those. Look at Green Bay in week 1 lol. The Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL and the Titans aren't a joke. 3 of the 4 losses have been against teams favored to win their division, and the Chargers are in as good a spot as any to win theirs as well. The world isn't collapsing just because of a couple losses and Mahomes not being at 4000 yards and 50 TDs by week 8. Sheesh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

Of course not. Their DC, maybe.....

Our special teams and offense hasn’t been good either and they’ve been among the best in the league since hiring Reid.

The entire team has been underwhelming and it took them until last week to stop doing crap every chiefs fan saw as a problem week 1 like playing Sorensen over Thornhill. And they’re still playing Chris Jones the 2nd best DT in the league at DE. You can blame the DC if you want but we always have this problem under Reid and he waits too long to fire the DC.

Reid is notorious for being too conservative as a coach with teams being extra aggressive against us this season it’s screwing us over. He also just does not look like he’s living in the moment that much since his last sons drunk driving thing. He looks kinda loopy and despondent. And yea I think it is a concern he had to get taken to the hospital after a game.

Maybe it’s just a hangover season and the team needs to stop trying so hard and give up on this year have everyone relax and start planning for next. It’s an entirely new offensive line a bad defense and we have just 1 good WR the rest of these contenders have at least 3. There’s just a lot of stuff that makes it hard for us to contend this year. I think drafting CEH with our 1st round pick was a huge mistake he’s not any better than your run of the mill free agent RB.