Week 8 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

Just now, -Hope- said:

downing was AWFUL. really just mind-boggling after what he showed the past couple games. early down play action straight up disappeared on a day when our running back had one foot. horrendous.

The early down run play predictably was out of this world. They clearly want to kill Henry and annoy him. I would be so annoyed if I was Henry, running into obvious run blitzes first down after first down.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

The early down run play predictably was out of this world. They clearly want to kill Henry and annoy him. I would be so annoyed if I was Henry, running into obvious run blitzes first down after first down.

it's just endlessly frustrating to know that downing is liable to tank our offense at any given time by forgetting that you can pass on first down. it's bad enough under normal circumstances but especially damning with henry being injured- there's simply no justification for it. just can't fathom what was going through his mind today.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

downing was AWFUL. really just mind-boggling after what he showed the past couple games. early down play action straight up disappeared on a day when our running back had one foot. horrendous.

Yes. The lack of play action when they are 10 people at the line of scrimmage was frustrating. At some point, you do have to say they have our number. I know we pride ourselves on keep running the ball and hopefully break one, but man....

Teams are selling their soul to stop the run. Given how much publicity Henry has gotten and the pride of teams to not be one he runs over,  we gotta do some playaction.  
And when they stop him a couple times, that fuels the crowd and team.  
Change it up!

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So with the trade deadline Tuesday, anybody think we do anything?

Well, we made a trade last year. What is Robinsons history on deadline trades? Having trouble remembering. But I feel like he doesn’t usually? Doesn’t mean he won’t.

My worry is that we are winning and in a good position standing wise, so I could see Vrabel and Jrob saying why give up picks if we are number one in the AFC and on a 4 game win streak.

But damn, we need help in several areas. We could use a CB, O Lineman, D Lineman, I would say in that order. 

We are already out a second and seventh rounder next year I believe. Seeing that makes me think we don’t trade. I don’t know what comp picks we will get but if we had to give up a 3rd. Having one pick in the first three rounds probably isn’t something Jrob wants.

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yes. The lack of play action when they are 10 people at the line of scrimmage was frustrating. At some point, you do have to say they have our number. I know we pride ourselves on keep running the ball and hopefully break one, but man....

Teams are selling their soul to stop the run. Given how much publicity Henry has gotten and the pride of teams to not be one he runs over,  we gotta do some playaction.  
Change it up!

AJ's touchdown came on a first down play action pass. the blueprint is literally staring downing in the face and he won't do it.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Change it up!

I didn't see Indy with 9 in the box much against us.. I am probably wrong.  But I did see that play action when used was not working that well at all. I also saw that even with out play action Tanny really had no time in the pocket. Most all of Tanny's passes were short routes.  AJ got to 155 yards but that was on a 12 yard out.  So the running was used more to slow the rush and keep from neg plays and Tanny being sacked.  Indy just over matched out OL bad especially in the middle greatly limiting the play calling.  Most of our 'big' plays this game were Tanny scrambling out of pocket or YAC.  I personally don't have a problem with play calling in general for the game WE were just limited badly. But that just my TWO CENTS.

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

AJ's touchdown came on a first down play action pass. the blueprint is literally staring downing in the face and he won't do it.

And AJ turned a short out into a TD. NOT like he was running down field open against 1-1 coverage.