Week 8 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

I still want a WR in the first round next season. Outside of AJB we had nothing out there for Tannehill to throw to today. McNichols was the 2nd receiving option today and Swaim and Pruitt were the 3rd and 4th options.

Tannehill was 3 of 9 for 24 yards when targeting NWI, Marcus Johnson, and Chester Rogers.

Even when Julio is back we need a really good #3 on this team to take over after Julio. Treylon Burks please!

Firkser is all but phased out of this offense. His snap count is down drastically.

Sheesh looking at the box score and subtracting AJB makes it really easy to understand how we lost to the Jets. Really top heavy at the receiving options. Teams should be loading the box and bracketing AJB every game.

Edited by TitanSS

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I still want a WR in the first round next season. Outside of AJB we had nothing out there for Tannehill to throw to today. McNichols was the 2nd receiving option today and Swaim and Pruitt were the 3rd and 4th options.

Tannehill was 3 of 9 for 24 yards when targeting NWI, Marcus Johnson, and Chester Rogers.

Even when Julio is back we need a really good #3 on this team to take over after Julio. Treylon Burks please!

Firkser is all but phased out of this offense. His snap count is down drastically.

Sheesh looking at the box score and subtracting AJB makes it really easy to understand how we lost to the Jets. Really top heavy at the receiving options. Teams should be loading the box and bracketing AJB every game.

well, part of the issue is also how bad our TE room is, which has led to us playing more 11 personnel. i’d take a TE just as much as i’d take a WR early. especially given tannehill’s comfort working the middle of the field, and the importance of manipulating LBs for our passing game.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

well, part of the issue is also how bad our TE room is, which has led to us playing more 11 personnel. i’d take a TE just as much as i’d take a WR early. especially given tannehill’s comfort working the middle of the field, and the importance of manipulating LBs for our passing game.

There's just no TE who is worthy of anyone taking in the first round. Even then, if it's not a Kyle Pitts type of player, I don't feel like most teams get a first round value out of TEs.

I agree that we need a lot better TE room. Depending on who doesn't get resigned, this could be an amazing year to need a TE in FA. A lot of bigger names, as well as lesser known guys who could be immediate 3 down contributors.

I like going 11 personnel. I just want to throw out of it on first down lol.

Edited by TitanSS

i feel like i'm going insane seeing discussion of henry after this game. people saying he's washed, he's slowed down with absolutely no acknowledgment of the fact that he was very obviously playing with an injury that significantly impacted his movement? the guy hit 21+ mph like two weeks ago, literally every opponent is going balls to the wall to stop him, and our run blocking is significantly weaker than it was last year. if he's healthy he's fine.

now, having said that...i think we should sit him against LA if he's even the slightest bit under 100%. there's just no reason to go out and possibly make this worse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i feel like i'm going insane seeing discussion of henry after this game. people saying he's washed, he's slowed down with absolutely no acknowledgment of the fact that he was very obviously playing with an injury that significantly impacted his movement? the guy hit 21+ mph like two weeks ago, literally every opponent is going balls to the wall to stop him, and our run blocking is significantly weaker than it was last year. if he's healthy he's fine.

now, having said that...i think we should sit him against LA if he's even the slightest bit under 100%. there's just no reason to go out and possibly make this worse.

OL was terrrrible today in run blocking

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I'm starting to think that Dillon Radunz has been given a lot of reps at RG, not because they don't like him at RT, but because Nate Davis is clearly the worst player on our OL, not Quess.

Expecting open competitions at RG and RT next offseason. Quess has defintely earned a shot at the job going forward. 

Davis apparently got concussed which is why Radunz played RG.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

wow lol

I felt the same way. Watching him play all year. Especially against the 49ers. He was begging to turn the ball over. 
If our DBs turn around they pick off a couple more passes instead of getting DPI.

Wentz is not that dude.