Saints WR Michael Thomas out for season

RaidersAreOne

Why would the Saints release him?  I get he might be rubbing some people inside the organization the wrong way, but would it really be worth the $22m in dead cap?  

Unless you are that convinced he can't be a #1 WR anymore.

Edited by iknowcool

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Why would the Saints release him?  I get he might be rubbing some people inside the organization the wrong way, but would it really be worth the $22m in dead cap?  

Agreed, makes no sense to me. If he has similar outcomes next year maybe it would be worth it, but what do the Saints have to lose keeping him around. Obviously they should still look into getting some WR help in the offseason as it's much needed.

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

For those playing at home…in 2019 the Saints went 4-0 without Brees (Bridgewater). In 2020 the Saints went 3-1 without Brees (Hill). So far this season they have gone 5-2 without Brees (Winston/Siemian). That’s 12-3 without Brees the past three seasons (0.800 win percentage). Meanwhile, misinformed Falcons comes in here to provide laughs with his franchise QB having a 0.359 win percentage the past three years. Falcons fans saying anything remotely critical about another franchise is a joke. 

Look at that, I was wrong and it made the joke even funnier. The Saints have almost won as many games WITHOUT Brees over the last 3 seasons as the Falcons have won total lmao

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

They wouldn't. People are silly. If a team offered a decent draft pick they'd consider moving him, but if not you just have to ride it out and hope you get a 100% MT back next year.

24 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He is looking like Raiders Randy Moss right now. I think his Saints career is over.

I think people *might* be overreacting. He had an injury, he didn't communicate with the Saints well. That stinks but was hashed out. MT has been working hard to get back on the field, and during recent scanning they found a new issue and now he is going to have to get another surgery.

I don't think this is a failure on anybody. It's just a crappy situation. MT hasn't been bashing the team or saying he wants to be moved.