Saints WR Michael Thomas out for season

RaidersAreOne

Just now, scar988 said:

If people ran their credit card debt like the Saints run the cap, I'd never get any loans approved at my work.

The NFL cap is not like a credit score so this example doesn’t land.

Please, keep telling us how you can manage a cap better than an NFL GM who has managed a successful team for 15 years. I’m all ears.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Was he ever IN for the season?

He was supposed to play to start the year, but didn’t heal like he expected and needed surgery and was gonna miss the first half, sounds like based on his tweet a setback ended that chance.

I also think losing jameis might have a lot to do with shutting him down for the season

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

Lol Saints aren’t gonna have to cut him… people have been doom and glooming the Saints for 5 years 

Saints don't have to cut him, but I doubt Payton wants to deal with his BS any longer. I don't think Sean will have any qualms (or issues) revamping the position.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 1

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

Saints don't have to cut him, but I doubt Payton wants to deal with his BS any longer. I don't think Sean will have any qualms (and issues) revamping the position.

Oh I’m not saying Payton won’t move on… but the idea that they’ll be forced to cut him for some non-existent reason has been pushed for like 2 years now.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

The NFL cap is not like a credit score so this example doesn’t land.

Please, keep telling us how you can manage a cap better than an NFL GM who has managed a successful team for 15 years. I’m all ears.

If you look at the cap as a year-to-year, thing, sure. He manages it fine. 

If you look at the cap as a long-term thing where you don't have to continually rely on hitting on as many draft picks as you can, he's a failure. 1-2 bad drafts back to back, and the Saints go back to being 7-9 for 4 straight years... or worse, because well, you don't have a QB.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

If you look at the cap as a year-to-year, thing, sure. He manages it fine. 

If you look at the cap as a long-term thing where you don't have to continually rely on hitting on as many draft picks as you can, he's a failure. 1-2 bad drafts back to back, and the Saints go back to being 7-9 for 4 straight years... or worse, because well, you don't have a QB.

I guess I'll take the Saints route over a team like the Falcons. Seems the success rate each season goes in our favor more often than not. Heck you're team still has a "good" QB and has less than stellar results to show for it.

Edited by tyler735