Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Personal choice is the wrong lens to view problems that are collective issues.  Like things that affect society as a whole, or things that affect your teammates.  At some point we expect people on a football team to suck it up and do something for the sake of their teammates, even when it's not something they really relish doing.  I don't see how this is different.

I think framing this as personal choice in the first place is misapplied. It assumes there's some choice between rational options.

Which isn't the case when it comes to vaccinations. There is no (or, exceedingly rare) situation in which foregoing it yields any actual, measurable individual benefit. And the impact on everyone else is obviously a negative.

This is why it's clearly in the field of a stupid decision.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am not admitting whose side I am on in this conversation as a future likes decision.

I don’t post as much, and my like count will take a hit because of it. I cannot ostracize potential likers by stating what my opinion is, so instead I am just going to say…

You are all dumb for arguing this. Live your lives.

I just can't understand how some people care SO much if others are vaccinated to argue about it online and social media for hours. If the vaccine works ( it does) get it and go on with your life. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I just can't understand how some people care SO much if others are vaccinated to argue about it online and social media for hours. If the vaccine works ( it does) get it and go on with your life. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6920e1.htm

Some of us have children.

Others of us have very vulnerable children who are at risk of death.

Maybe that will help you understand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want everyone to get on board and get the vax so we don't have to live with covid for several years to come.  The unvaxxed are just hosts for the next variant, and the one after that and the one after that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want everyone to get on board and get the vax so we don't have to live with covid for several years to come.  The unvaxxed are just hosts for the next variant, and the one after that and the one after that.  

COVID isn't going anywhere even with better rates. It's here to stay, like influenza. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6920e1.htm

Some of us have children.

Others of us have very vulnerable children who are at risk of death.

Maybe that will help you understand.

I am a parent. Get your kids vaccinated if you're concerned. Its available and it works. There is a segment of the population you are never going to convice to get vaccinated, no matter how hard you try.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think framing this as personal choice in the first place is misapplied. It assumes there's some choice between rational options.

Which isn't the case when it comes to vaccinations. There is no (or, exceedingly rare) situation in which foregoing it yields any actual, measurable individual benefit. And the impact on everyone else is obviously a negative.

This is why it's clearly in the field of a stupid decision.

12 says he has an allergy to MRNA per CDC recommendation. Can't blame him for not wanting JJ tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I am a parent. Get your kids vaccinated if you're concerned. Its available and it works. There is a segment of the population you are never going to convice to get vaccinated, no matter how hard you try.

I agree. I try to view it as such:

If I encounter stupidity around this issue there are two ways to approach it:

(1) If the individual is obviously unreachable, point out their illness to others and then no longer provide them a platform.

(2) If the individual seems intelligent, but is in the midst of a stupid decision, work to point it out in the hopes they can see the light eventually.

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

First sentence into his response and Rodgers already breaking out the buzz words "woke mob" and "cancel culture" Lol

Rodgers sure mixed up some things with the amount of research he did this offseason.

Rob Demovsky -  Rodgers said the he has followed all the protocols for an unvaxed player except for masking in the press conference. He said it makes no sense given that everyone else in the room is masked and vaxed.

///

Personal choice triumphs once again.