Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lolololol **** this all shouldn't be so funny to me

The alternative treatment/homeopathy stuff is never not gonna be funny to me and I will continue to crack jokes about it regarding Rodgers going forward. It's incredible ammo

Good news is that once Rodgers returns, I'm sure he'll have some magic crystals he carries around in his pocket that'll help bring good vibes and fortune to the team. Packers are SB bound

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Correct, I understand that. You're pointing the finger at the individual and not the system taking advantage of them though. That's effed to me. My wife gave me Covid, she got it from a breakthrough case from a coworker. We should be offering the best treatment to people, not worrying about who got a vaccine after they are already sick.

It sucks you got Covid, but unless you were medically exempt, you should be at the back of the line for treatment behind those who medically cannot get it, and those who got vaccinated and still got it.

I don't really have much sympathy for people who are willingly unvaccinated who then complain about the care they received when our system is near its breaking point BECAUSE of people who have made similar decisions.

And I don't care if that makes me sound mean whatsoever.

• Like 1

Correct, I understand that. You're pointing the finger at the individual and not the system taking advantage of them though. That's effed to me. My wife gave me Covid, she got it from a breakthrough case from a coworker. We should be offering the best treatment to people, not worrying about who got a vaccine after they are already sick.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. We all know the American medical system is ****ed. That's common sense. However, that doesn't mean that everything about American medicine is ****ed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It sucks you got Covid, but unless you were medically exempt, you should be at the back of the line for treatment behind those who medically cannot get it, and those who got vaccinated and still got it.

I don't really have much sympathy for people who are willingly unvaccinated who then complain about the care they received when our system is near its breaking point BECAUSE of people who have made similar decisions.

I don't want sympathy, I think it's funny that a system that has countlessly misled us is now not trying to do the same thing, and those questioning if they are, those are the loonies....

On reflection, it would have been vastly more beneficial for Rodgers to just shut up about the whole issue and say nothing except "I'm feeling better now, thanks."

But it is pretty funny that in complaining about a "woke mob" coming to "cancel him" he's not only being platformed by a podcast with millions of listeners, but these comments are going to be picked up an echoed in every major media outlet.  What he's essentially upset about is "other people have a platform they are using to criticize me, and I don't think they should have that."

• Like 1

I don't want sympathy, I think it's funny that a system that has countlessly misled us is now not trying to do the same thing, and those questioning if they are, those are the loonies....

this is why critical thinking is paramount

it's quite easy to see the differences without much effort

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this is a value judgment 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

On reflection, it would have been vastly more beneficial for Rodgers to just shut up about the whole issue and say nothing except "I'm feeling better now, thanks."

But it is pretty funny that in complaining about a "woke mob" coming to "cancel him" he's not only being platformed by a podcast with millions of listeners, but these comments are going to be picked up an echoed in every major media outlet.  What he's essentially upset about is "other people have a platform they are using to criticize me, and I don't think they should have that."

this is precisely why "canceled" is meaningless. People now use it as a tool to profit even more. 

"I'm being canceled, and this message is intended to result in additional profit and will likely succeed."

• Like 1