Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't hate him, and I 100% think he acts stupidly. Just because he can think quickly and sharply doesn't mean he also isn't habitually making decisions that harm himself and everyone else.

That's why he's so frustrating. He's clearly capable of intelligent behavior, but for some reason chooses not to behave in this way in some very very public and harmful ways.

He's either a bad dude and does it intentionally or he legitimately needs some help. After today and thinking back to his family issues, it's starting to feel more like former and I'll probably change my tone about him because of that. 

I'm sure he's suffering today, actually.

HES NOT SUFFERING... That's the ******* point... You have no ******* clue about the person you are trashing... You call him dumb, insecure, etc... Dude... You fit those words more than he does. You hate him because he is not what you envision in your qb 1. You have trashed him all over this board countless times. Name a scenario, you fly in how he is the worst human ever. You don't ******* know him. You just hate him because for some reason that makes you feel better? He is entitled to his opinions, and feelings as much as you are. The difference, is he doesn't spew them in a negative hateful narrative just because he might not agree with you... Take a deep breath and move on. You are borderline ridiculous at this point. 

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The comparison is simple. You want him to be vaccinated for your selfish reasons. I contend its America and he is free to make choices you don't agree with. 

By the same logic couldn't you also say "You want him to not drive drunk for your selfish reasons, I contend this is America and he is free to make that choice"?

• Like 1

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

By the same logic couldn't you also say "You want him to not drive drunk for your selfish reasons, I contend this is America and he is free to make that choice"?

Something something laws something something is generally the response you'll get from this type of comparison. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Every fan of sport wants the players of their favorite team to sacrifice some of their personal welfare for the sake of their selfish entertainment reasons. 

I can admit it. Can you?

That being said, the vaccine is actually helpful to him and everyone. So I don't even feel guilty about that.

Except for the people who have died from the vaccine. It didn't help them. 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Yes - I also would prefer he didn't kill anyone. I mean seriously ??

He didn't break the law !!! And he followed all covid guidelines. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Except for the people who have died from the vaccine. It didn't help them. 

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 423 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through November 1, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 9,367 reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

As an act of mercy towards the legions of Packer fans, the NFL has moved the KC/GB game up to 4PM tomorrow. So they can put this entire sordid affair behind them sooner rather than later :)

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

HES NOT SUFFERING... That's the ******* point... You have no ******* clue about the person you are trashing... You call him dumb, insecure, etc... Dude... You fit those words more than he does. You hate him because he is not what you envision in your qb 1. You have trashed him all over this board countless times. Name a scenario, you fly in how he is the worst human ever. You don't ******* know him. You just hate him because for some reason that makes you feel better? He is entitled to his opinions, and feelings as much as you are. The difference, is he doesn't spew them in a negative hateful narrative just because he might not agree with you... Take a deep breath and move on. You are borderline ridiculous at this point. 

I think you might need to take that breath. He is getting a incredible amount of negative media attention and is making national headlines for something he was intentionally deceptive about because he dreaded the thought of that criticism. 

He got offended by a guy saying he seemed shorter in person. If you don't think he's suffering today (and this week) we will never agree about anything else related to this. This fear if criticism is what drives him. It's very very important to him.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Does that matter when in context of the quote I replied to? IF you lose a loved one because of the vaccine it is as painful as losing someone to COVID. The fact death is rare, has nothing to do with the fact people have died from getting it. 

By the way, that last line from the CDC is a  peach. You died but it doesn't mean the COVID shot caused an adverse health problem. That is rich right there.  

Edited by Old Guy

Here is my take on 12.

He's always been a complex individual with many layers. Yes, his greatness borders on that edge of arrogance.

Rodgers should rightfully be excoriated for being deceptive, but I sense that he is not combative by nature and felt uneasy wading into the turbulent waters of a culture war. 

With that said, it sounds like he made a deliberative cost benefit analysis on the merit of the vaccines.  From his perspective and given his state of health, he felt the vaccine was a bridge too far. That's about it. The emotional arguments about him being selfish are misguided, because at the end of the day Aaron Rodgers is responsible for Aaron Rodgers. 

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

His ex knew

Oh, this sounds like very ironclad evidence:

"I know because of something his ex may or may not have said, and may or may not have believed what she said, and may or may not have had a very slanted view of the situation anyway"

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is incorrect. He's nothing more than object to me :)

That is 100% how people think of him. I get it is a joke from you, but it's the sad reality... That is what gets annoying. Just look at him as your QB and move the **** on if you hate him as a human. He doesn't commit crimes, or use people, or hurt people.. Just focus on football, which btw is the whole point of this damn forum...