Raiders Reportedly Will Sign Desean Jackson

NYRaider

Of course we were fine. The top 3 guys (and even Jones has been good in his role) stepped up as planned and they signed 2 vets with starting experience to provide depth. The vets felt it was the end of their career to stay at the bottom of the depth chart with very limited opportunities so they asked for their release. Now we have a problem because one of the young WRs ruined his life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Be that as it may, Brown & Snead as 4th/5th/6th options isn't an indictment of a weak WR group.

Fair. Though I don't lament either being gone. They're clearly not hot commodities, basically PS players. 

I'd rather have Stoner and Ateman, who actually want to be here and don't act like they're better than they actually are. 

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fair. Though I don't lament either being gone. They're clearly not hot commodities, basically PS players. 

I'd rather have Stoner and Ateman, who actually want to be here and don't act like they're better than they actually are. 

Oh I agree, it wasn't concerning when we did release them. And the way our WR group has played since the start of the season, we certainly haven't missed them either... up to this point. Plus if we do indeed pick up Jackson, I think he's better than either Brown or Snead anyway. That said, none of the three (or indeed Zay Jones) offer what Ruggs did for this offense.

I just feel that we could maybe have done with Brown in particular in this situation. Of course he's not Ruggs, but I fear we'll be lacking a deep threat today which then impacts on guys like Renfrow and Waller being able to do their thing underneath. Really I know this is all conjecture, hindsight, etc and the whole thing is just a terrible situation.

Hopefully if Jackson signs, he can stay healthy and at least offer some of the impact that Ruggs would have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Absolutely disagree. Ruggs >>> Jackson. If it was 2016 though, maybe. Jackson is a shell of his former self

Jackson compared to Ruggs is a better all-around receiver, while Ruggs is still quicker. Wasn't really commenting on ability, more their primary role in our offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heart of Oak said:

Jackson compared to Ruggs is a better all-around receiver, while Ruggs is still quicker. Wasn't really commenting on ability, more their primary role in our offense.

I dunno, man. I think at this point in their careers (prior to Ruggs flushing his down the toilet a few days back), Ruggs was better all round.

Jackson is a decent enough replacement, though. 

Edited by Nightmare

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

One down one to go

I don't think there was ever a chance we'd end up with both. I think the whole reason why DeSean Jackson even left the Rams was because he wasn't getting enough PT. I don't think he would've came here if there was a chance that we would get Odell