Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is another in a string of disastrous events for the Raiders organization.  I do respect them for cutting a knucklehead like this, however.  They are sending a message and backing it up with their actions that says this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.  Props to them for that!

-Uncle Buck after they fire Mayock

On 11/8/2021 at 10:58 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If you saw him play as a JR, 100% agreed. As a senior? Definitely disagree. He was phenomenal. The jump he made between those two years was insane and completely unexpected.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:50 AM, SBLIII said:

Arnette was a 3rd round talent with character concerns. Raiders suck at evaluating and drafting.

Arnette was a 24 year old rookie with below average measurable's. IIRC he is the only CB selected in the first round with 30" arms that ran a 4.6 in NFL draft history. The biggest issue with the Raiders is that we always have massive holes at key positions so we've reached on picks.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:15 AM, big_palooka said:

Raider fans think he should take a team discount on his next extension. They should pay him double. Has a QB ever dealt with as much distraction as this poor guy.

Team lacks depth and talent across the board and teams typically decline after giving a QB a massive deal unless that QB can play at a top 5-10 level, Carr isn't that guy. 

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is another in a string of disastrous events for the Raiders organization.  I do respect them for cutting a knucklehead like this, however.  They are sending a message and backing it up with their actions that says this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.  Props to them for that!

I mean it had to be done but we shouldn't have taken him to begin with.

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

@Geezy @Nightmare @MrOaktown_56 weren’t y’all saying that Mayock only signs choir boys? 

he just signed DeSean too lol

The Ruggs incident was an outlier situation, he made a horrible mistake but there was never a pattern of bad behavior before that incident. Arnette was a tool from the jump though but apparently we liked him enough to over look the character concerns. 

The DeSean signing is a situation where we more or less had to do it. He provides a similar skill-set to what Ruggs provided for us and there really weren't many options on the market considering the horrific timing. I don't think Desean will be an issue for us, especially after hearing his recent interviews. 

10 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

@Geezy @Nightmare @MrOaktown_56 weren’t y’all saying that Mayock only signs choir boys? 

he just signed DeSean too lol

You really tagged me in a different thread like a week after a discussion lmao corny as hell. 

Arnette is an idiot and we cut him, not like he’s tolerating this kind of bs. As far as DJax when’s the last time he’s gotten in any trouble? Should we not try and replace our deep threat? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

-Uncle Buck after they fire Mayock

I don't know if Mayock deserves to be fired.  He has picked some guys who a lot of us considered to be reaches, but the Raiders were off to a very good start this year before all the turmoil began.  Mayock deserves some credit for that.  From a selfish standpoint, I wouldn't mind if he did get fired if it meant he went back to doing analysis on draft days again.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How is desean a character problem? Do you even know what he's done in the community? I'm gonna assume no.

Starting to veer off topic, but being charitable or community driven doesn’t make someone not a character concern.