Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released

RaidersAreOne

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

2020 is nothing but regrettable hindsight

No need to add "for the Raiders draft" regrettable hindsight is the name of the biography of 2020.

(I still don't know what I'm gonna do with all this toilet paper).

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I don't think there was any point in time where Arnette it Leatherwood (or Ferrell while we're at it) made any sense where they were picked.

I mean, I get it - trying to soften the blow on what has been a rough patch for you guys.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hindsight is 20/20, y'know...

It's hindsight, but it's also more popular prospects on the FF Raider board than the guys we ended up with lol. Those of us that liked Arnette was as a contender for round 2, never as round one. Lamb and Jeudy were #1/#2 and Ruggs was arguably a speed element so you could justify it, but few would have went him as first WR off the board. With none taken and a top guy like Wirfs available (Trent Brown with laziness and injury and massive contract was the guy to replace with guard experience if Brown randomly panned out) give it a shot of WR with the second first. Wirfs was my #2 after Derrick Brown (who I wanted to trade both 1st to move up for). JOK was probably the most popular 1st round prospect for the Raiders outside of Parsons, but Parsons allegations and whatnot JOK was arguably the most wanted.

The most accurate for FF Raider board would have been either Lamb or Jeudy with the Ruggs pick and either Jaylon Johnson or Patrick Queen with the Arnette pick. Then Darrisaw over Leatherwood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If you saw him play as a JR, 100% agreed. As a senior? Definitely disagree. He was phenomenal. The jump he made between those two years was insane and completely unexpected.

He still wasn't a first rd pick though. At best he got himself in mid 2nd range. 

• Like 1