Is T.O closer to Peak Randy Moss or Peak Marvin Harrison

mdonnelly21

Is T.O closer to Peak Randy Moss or Peak Marvin Harrison   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is T.O closer to Peak Randy Moss or Peak Marvin Harrison

• Peak T.O is closer to Peak Randy Moss
    • Peak T.O is closer to Peak Marvin Harrison

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

He’s not super similar to either of them but I’d say closer to Randy Moss than Marvin just based on both being superior athletic monsters at the receiver position 

I'm talking about in terms of career, skill, talent and ability. 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:11 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

I'm talking about in terms of career, skill, talent and ability. 

He's like neither, tbh. His game was inside the numbers and hashes - he would use his physicality to create space and gain YAC. Both Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison were speed guys who could take tops off of coverages, guys who'd use quickness and speed to win.

Of the two options, I'd definitely say he's nothing like Harrison, because a strong breeze in Massachusetts could knock Harrison off of his route. TO would run through the hand checks that prevented Harrison.

In style, he's like the complete opposite of Harrison.  Harrison would intentionally go down after catches whereas TO was physical, like an RB.  Marvin made his money for the things he did before the ball hit his hands, TO made his money for what he did after the ball hit his.  Minus when the ball would just hit his hands, and go directly to the ground.  

TO was in the conversation with Moss for best of their era, and not really Marvin, so I guess by that aspect, he'd be closer to Moss.  I think that's what you're asking, anyway.  Marvin was spectacular in his own right, though, so I don't think there is really much of a difference in being closer to one or the other.  I'd rank them Randy, TO, Marvin. 

If you have Randy 2nd and Marvin like 9th, TO being 5th, or higher, would make him closer to Randy.  Is that what you mean?

51 minutes ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

T.O. is better at everything than Moss except go routes.

Maybe in Madden, sure.

In real life, Moss was a better at everything except slant/drag routes. He was better at contested grabs, better on fade routes, better in the RZ, had MUCH better hands, better body control at the highest point of the football, better catch radius...

Moss is still the most physically gifted WR to play, and he played to those gifts. TO was plenty good, but not as good as Moss.

• Like 1