Do we really keep Shanahan another season?

Meow

I'm also not a huge fan of bringing in Dorsey. He's had 2 separate GM jobs that lasted a total of like 4 or 5 years? He may not get along well with others, which is something I would like to avoid. I don't want a Baalke v Harbaugh part 2. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I'm also not a huge fan of bringing in Dorsey. He's had 2 separate GM jobs that lasted a total of like 4 or 5 years? He may not get along well with others, which is something I would like to avoid. I don't want a Baalke v Harbaugh part 2. 

Dorsey is just an example because he's about the most alpha gm there is lol.  The question is really about whether you bring in a guy who is going to take control and power away from shanny and there is going to be no question on who is in control in that regard. 

I agree with you... Pretty sure nobody likes Dorsey lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John232 said:

Who are some other GM candidates?

I would imagine Nick Caserio (from NE) is always an option. He’s always touted as one of the next possible, but I think NE always matches or gives him more responsibilities/power

A couple more: 

Ed Dodds - Indy 

George Paton

Mike Borgonzi  - KC kinda linked to Eric Bieniemy esp if he gets a new HC gig and needs a GM

Couple of guys from NO

Edited by StevenK

8 hours ago, Forge said:

More interesting question...do you make Lynch President of football Ops and hire someone like Dorsey to run the draft / personnel? 

Hell no to Dorsey. Would much rather have Scott McGloughan, but that will never happen.

58 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I would imagine Nick Caserio (from NE) is always an option. He’s always touted as one of the next possible, but I think NE always matches or gives him more responsibilities/power

A couple more: 

Ed Dodds - Indy 

George Paton

Mike Borgonzi  - KC kinda linked to Eric Bieniemy esp if he gets a new HC gig and needs a GM

Couple of guys from NO

Caserio is in Houston and Paton is in Denver.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, StevenK said:

I think Shanny needs to find out the hard way that u can’t have it your way all the time. Like some mentioned previously, if memory serves us correctly Peters and his crew have been taking the the later picks and knocking those out the park. I know Ambry Thomas was his (Peters) guy but he’s on the bench bc Kyle doesn’t want to play him anyways, so Kyle needs to take a step back and let them do his thing. There’s no way he can do everything and still put out a productive game plan. Case in point what’s happening this year. He needs to focus on being a HC and making sure his coordinators and personnel have everything they need to be successful. Just like any management lead. 

Does Kyle really have that much say in who plays on defense? From the Norman situation it sounded like it was up to Ryans

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

Does Kyle really have that much say in who plays on defense? From the Norman situation it sounded like it was up to Ryans

He tends to give way to the defensive coaches, but I'm pretty sure that he steps in when he really wants something. I'm almost positive that happened with Solly at one point 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, oldman9er said:

THIS, haha

but to answer, I just don't care. I'm sadly waiting for the Breaking News: Bosa demands trade out of SF. 😨

This is where I'm at, too. I'm struggling migthly to care about the 49ers this year. They're a complete mess and I have no clue why. Shanny deserves the lion's share of the blame here. Did his scheme get figured out? Is he overthinking everything? I don't know what's going on, but we're a massive disappointment this year and it really, really hurts. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I feel vindicated. Shanny is a moron and he proved it here with not only his terrible 2nd half (lack of) adjustments, but the stupid run plays on 1st and goal. Seattle scored 26 combined points the last 3 weeks and we give up 30 to them in one game alone. He's a mediocre coach and we're a mediocre team. 

Oh, and only 5 more games with Jimmy. I'm so sick of his s--- 

11 hours ago, Meow said:

I feel vindicated. Shanny is a moron and he proved it here with not only his terrible 2nd half (lack of) adjustments, but the stupid run plays on 1st and goal. Seattle scored 26 combined points the last 3 weeks and we give up 30 to them in one game alone. He's a mediocre coach and we're a mediocre team. 

Oh, and only 5 more games with Jimmy. I'm so sick of his s--- 

Funny-1075.gif

Interesting how the squawking in this thread was conveniently absent in the midst of a three game win streak, and climb back to above .500. But drop another L, and it's open season again. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Funny-1075.gif

Interesting how the squawking in this thread was conveniently absent in the midst of a three game win streak, and climb back to above .500. But drop another L, and it's open season again. 

Outside of a couple of play calls I didn't like, I don't really know how any of it can be on shanny in that one

• Like 3