Week 10 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He’s not there yet. How much of inconsistency is because of him or Lombardi is a question I have to ask. But yeah, it’s one of those games we should have won given how shorthanded the Vikings were.

8 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

DK Metcalf getting caught trying to sneak back into the game after being ejected has the same energy as the time I tried to sneak back into the club when I was like 19 after they tossed me for throwing up on the bar 

I'm still trying to figure out how that wasn't a penalty.  Can anyone explain?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He attempted to...seems like pretty textbook illegal substitution to me.

For return of a disqualified player: Loss of 15 yards from the previous spot if discovery is made while the ball is in play, or 15 yards from the succeeding spot if discovered between downs, in which case the ball remains dead, and, in either case, exclusion from the playing field enclosure.

(This is the 2011 edition i guess, so maybe the rule has changed IDK)

From the NFL rule book. Ball wasnt snapped, so no, no penalty. 

Edited by animaltested

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He attempted to...seems like pretty textbook illegal substitution to me.

He walked on the field......he wasn't being used as a substitution at all since the whistle to start the next play hadn't even been blown yet. It would be like 2 players getting confused as to who is supposed to go in and they both start walking on the field and one turns around gets off after realizing his mistake. Are you really saying teams should get penalized for that? Because that's not how it works.

Edited by JAF-N72EX