The "I forgot to make a thread" Week 10 Thread: 2-6 WFT vs 6-2 Tompa Bay (SIMPSONS GIF WEEK MANIA)

MikeT14

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

shouldve paid darby, he was good for us.

Darby was pretty good, he had his moments last year where he wasn’t as good early in the season too. He didn’t have a good playoff game for example and that’s probably the game where they decided they needed to upgrade him & Jeremy Reaves as they were torched by Brady.

Also, can’t forget that Darby missed 4 & a half games with a hamstring injury. I think keeping Darby & Moreland for continuity would’ve been smarter than what they did in signing WJ3 & Keeping Darryl Roberts over Moreland but we also can’t forget that both missed time with injuries so having them wouldn’t have helped us the first month of the season.

So, Darby only has 2 passes defensed on the season. For as much miscommunication as there’s been between WJ3 & our safeties  and as many times that WJ3 has gotten burned, he does have 5 passes defensed and 1 interception.

I truly believe that WJ3 will have a better 2nd half of the season than the first half. He has a lot of talent, and there’s literally no where to go up from what he showed the first half of the season.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Darby was pretty good, he had his moments last year where he wasn’t as good early in the season too. He didn’t have a good playoff game for example and that’s probably the game where they decided they needed to upgrade him & Jeremy Reaves as they were torched by Brady.

Also, can’t forget that Darby missed 4 & a half games with a hamstring injury. I think keeping Darby & Moreland for continuity would’ve been smarter than what they did in signing WJ3 & Keeping Darryl Roberts over Moreland but we also can’t forget that both missed time with injuries so having them wouldn’t have helped us the first month of the season.

So, Darby only has 2 passes defensed on the season. For as much miscommunication as there’s been between WJ3 & our safeties  and as many times that WJ3 has gotten burned, he does have 5 passes defensed and 1 interception.

I truly believe that WJ3 will have a better 2nd half of the season than the first half. He has a lot of talent, and there’s literally no where to go up from what he showed the first half of the season.

In defense of WJ3 as well, it would help if the coaches practiced what they preached and scheme towards the players they have and their strengths instead of forcing a scheme in spite of them. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In defense of WJ3 as well, it would help if the coaches practiced what they preached and scheme towards the players they have and their strengths instead of forcing a scheme in spite of them. 

They switch it up more than people realize, it’s not like they play zone all game. I can only imagine WJ3 getting better as this season goes on as I said. Rivera said you can see he’s getting more comfortable in the scheme as the season has gone on which should be a good sign for the 2nd half of the season .

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

They switch it up more than people realize, it’s not like they play zone all game. I can only imagine WJ3 getting better as this season goes on as I said. Rivera said you can see he’s getting more comfortable in the scheme as the season has gone on which should be a good sign for the 2nd half of the season .

Well let’s hope he can be the reason we brought him in was for guys like Evans. Evans has torched us. We were his breakout rookie game and he had a good playoff game. Let’s se WJ3 make up and shut him out tomorrow. CB and learning a system is difficult. Especially if your in a different scheme. If he can hold his own against Evans I’ll feel alittle better.

• Like 1