7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

16 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This is about the floor for an Eagles draft. Just awful but appreciate the effort.

Why?  Sure Jameson Williams is the best WR in the draft but with his injury and inability to workout I think Olave would provide them a much needed deep threat and route runner, dude can run for days and would be a good addition.  Not to mention Penning who could be the future starter at guard and could be an upgrade from Seumalo, Driscoll and Herbig who are more backup types.  I think they would love how nasty he plays and with their OL coach he could be a future Pro bowler at guard or if that does not work swing to tackle.  Granted they could go a different way than OL because they have such a good one.

Daxton Hill has pro bowl potential at safety and could even play slot corner if need be, that dude can be a superstar in the NFL and not sure Epps is the answer at safety long term and Harris is better as more a FS anyway and Hill is outstanding around the line of scrimmage.  Starting corner maybe I guess but Castro-Fields has a lot of upside and potential.  

McBride could be a great developmental TE who could help them do more two TEs even though Stoll is not bad.  And Brandon Smith would be  a steal, granted LB now is a huge need and maybe they will look at Dean 1st round but hard because he has not ran yet and not sure how fast he is but he would make a ton of sense but they did get Reddick so that helps greatly.

Honestly the Eagles are freaking stacked, one of the most talented rosters in the NFL when healthy, if Hurts can improve they are a solid team.  Hard to get team needs for them because they are pretty solid with only a few holes, maybe a CB but more so at WR/S/LB/DE and DE just based on dudes always getting hurt it seems.  And with Penning if he drops to them I think he might be too hard to pass up and think about this OL, would be arguably the best in the NFL.

LT Mailata / Dillard
LG Dickerson / Seumalo
C Kelce / Toth
RG T. Penning / Herbig 
RT L. Johnson / Driscoll

It all depends on how much they like Seumalo, Herbig and Driscoll.  And yeah that OL coach can make almost anyone good it seems so maybe OL is a reach, still would make the team absolutely elite.  I am surprised they have not traded Dillard yet though, I think a lot of teams could want him.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Why?  Sure Jameson Williams is the best WR in the draft but with his injury and inability to workout I think Olave would provide them a much needed deep threat and route runner, dude can run for days and would be a good addition.  Not to mention Penning who could be the future starter at guard and could be an upgrade from Seumalo, Driscoll and Herbig who are more backup types.  I think they would love how nasty he plays and with their OL coach he could be a future Pro bowler at guard or if that does not work swing to tackle.  Granted they could go a different way than OL because they have such a good one.

Daxton Hill has pro bowl potential at safety and could even play slot corner if need be, that dude can be a superstar in the NFL and not sure Epps is the answer at safety long term and Harris is better as more a FS anyway and Hill is outstanding around the line of scrimmage.  Starting corner maybe I guess but Castro-Fields has a lot of upside and potential.  

McBride could be a great developmental TE who could help them do more two TEs even though Stoll is not bad.  And Brandon Smith would be  a steal, granted LB now is a huge need and maybe they will look at Dean 1st round but hard because he has not ran yet and not sure how fast he is but he would make a ton of sense but they did get Reddick so that helps greatly.

Honestly the Eagles are freaking stacked, one of the most talented rosters in the NFL when healthy, if Hurts can improve they are a solid team.  Hard to get team needs for them because they are pretty solid with only a few holes, maybe a CB but more so at WR/S/LB/DE and DE just based on dudes always getting hurt it seems.  And with Penning if he drops to them I think he might be too hard to pass up and think about this OL, would be arguably the best in the NFL.

LT Mailata / Dillard
LG Dickerson / Seumalo
C Kelce / Toth
RG T. Penning / Herbig 
RT L. Johnson / Driscoll

It all depends on how much they like Seumalo, Herbig and Driscoll.  And yeah that OL coach can make almost anyone good it seems so maybe OL is a reach, still would make the team absolutely elite.  I am surprised they have not traded Dillard yet though, I think a lot of teams could want him.

Quez Watkins is our deep threat. We don't need more speed on offense like years past. I like Olave but not at 15. 19 would be more palatable assuming we addressed other positions first. WR is a need.

Penning, or any OT/OG for that matter, is probably the single worst possible outcome of a pick for us. We draft and develop OL in all rounds better than any team in the league. That's a total luxury pick for a roster that has other current short and long term holes. Driscoll and Herbig could probably start on most teams and not be that particular team's worst OL. They love Herbig, Driscoll and Seumalo.

That's bad value for Daxton Hill. Bad use of resources in my opinion. It's a valuation and resource thing for me.  If he is there after a trade down to late 20s or early 30s, or at 51, I'm all over it. I'd be fine with Epps as a starter to see if he can produce in the same fashion as he has in that 3rd safety role. We do need a starting safety but I'm not picking one in the first unless he's named Kyle Hamilton. Harris needs to be 3rd safety this year. We just signed Avonte Maddox long term to be our slot and he's a really good one. 

No beef over McBride. Not big on Brandon Smith when you have Nakobe Dean sitting right there with your last 1st round pick. Whole different classes there. Reddick is a pass rusher. He's not an off-ball LB like these other guys we're talking about. He'll be rushing the passer approximately 90% of the time. You're not paying the dude $15M/year to drop into coverage when he's made his bones rushing the passer.

You left us with no CB2. And most importantly, no pass rusher taken in the 1st, which if I had to put odds on that it'd be like -1000 to happen. Possibly more. No DT either. This team builds through the DL. To not have one taken in round 1 is asinine.

26 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Quez Watkins is our deep threat. We don't need more speed on offense like years past. I like Olave but not at 15. 19 would be more palatable assuming we addressed other positions first. WR is a need.

Penning, or any OT/OG for that matter, is probably the single worst possible outcome of a pick for us. We draft and develop OL in all rounds better than any team in the league. That's a total luxury pick for a roster that has other current short and long term holes. Driscoll and Herbig could probably start on most teams and not be that particular team's worst OL. They love Herbig, Driscoll and Seumalo.

That's bad value for Daxton Hill. Bad use of resources in my opinion. It's a valuation and resource thing for me.  If he is there after a trade down to late 20s or early 30s, or at 51, I'm all over it. I'd be fine with Epps as a starter to see if he can produce in the same fashion as he has in that 3rd safety role. We do need a starting safety but I'm not picking one in the first unless he's named Kyle Hamilton. Harris needs to be 3rd safety this year. We just signed Avonte Maddox long term to be our slot and he's a really good one. 

No beef over McBride. Not big on Brandon Smith when you have Nakobe Dean sitting right there with your last 1st round pick. Whole different classes there. Reddick is a pass rusher. He's not an off-ball LB like these other guys we're talking about. He'll be rushing the passer approximately 90% of the time. You're not paying the dude $15M/year to drop into coverage when he's made his bones rushing the passer.

You left us with no CB2. And most importantly, no pass rusher taken in the 1st, which if I had to put odds on that it'd be like -1000 to happen. Possibly more. No DT either. This team builds through the DL. To not have one taken in round 1 is asinine.

DT round 1?  Hargrave is a Pro bowler and is a legit star DT, Cox is a potential future Hall of Famer but sure signed only a one year deal and Milton Williams has a ton of upside and ability.  Also have Marvin Wilson as a developmental guy potentially, sure maybe they address DT but round 1, I do not see why that would happen.

Maybe they like those Eagles OL sure, but still not sure why they do not trade Dillard since he will most likely not play.  There is also a point of, ok they have 11 draft picks or something like that, they will pick guys from positions you do not think are needs because who else you going to take exactly?

Dean in the 1st makes sense and agreed Reddick is mostly a pass rusher sure.  CB as a higher pick, maybe might have to re address it.  

And I agree they can sure develop OL so maybe they just go ahead with that process.  Still Penning is a luxury pick, they have 3 1st rounders might as well gamble big and Penning at OG in that OL makes them great, not sure any of those other guys at OG make them a great line and in every case they probably are the weak point of the line.

Either way unless Jalen Hurts greatly improves the team could struggle, that dude was flat awful at times last year especially in that playoff game.  Will see how much he can improve.

Just now, Ozzy said:

DT round 1?  Hargrave is a Pro bowler and is a legit star DT, Cox is a potential future Hall of Famer but sure signed only a one year deal and Milton Williams has a ton of upside and ability.  Also have Marvin Wilson as a developmental guy potentially, sure maybe they address DT but round 1, I do not see why that would happen.

Maybe they like those Eagles OL sure, but still not sure why they do not trade Dillard since he will most likely not play.  There is also a point of, ok they have 11 draft picks or something like that, they will pick guys from positions you do not think are needs because who else you going to take exactly?

Dean in the 1st makes sense and agreed Reddick is mostly a pass rusher sure.  CB as a higher pick, maybe might have to re address it.  

And I agree they can sure develop OL so maybe they just go ahead with that process.  Still Penning is a luxury pick, they have 3 1st rounders might as well gamble big and Penning at OG in that OL makes them great, not sure any of those other guys at OG make them a great line and in every case they probably are the weak point of the line.

Either way unless Jalen Hurts greatly improves the team could struggle, that dude was flat awful at times last year especially in that playoff game.  Will see how much he can improve.

Yes DT round 1 when you have 3 FRP. Cox is back on a 1 year deal, Hargrave is on the last year of his deal, and they don't trust Williams to start yet. Easily can see that. Idk if you know how obsessed we are with the DL. Definitely a solid chance Dillard is traded but that doesn't warrant taking a swing tackle in the 1st. Which is what Penning would be wasted as until Lane retires and that's a mess with a new contract etc. We're not taking him and moving him to guard. Unless it's Linderbaum I just can't see us taking an OL. There are so many other luxury gambles I'd rather see this team take than an OL in the first. It's a top 5 OL as is, with youth and vets and guys who will be extended. CB2, at this point in time is MASSIVE hole for us. And then you add in Slay's age (31) and the need for a high end CB increases even more.

24 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Garrett Wilson, London, McDuffie, Wyatt, Burks, Dean, Karlaftis, Elam, Lloyd, Booth, Travis Jones are all guys I would've taken over every single player you selected for us. Just being honest.

Dean I can see potentially, so what your ideal would be Dean, Burks/London and Elam/Booth/McDuffie?  I guess Burks and or London can be a change of pace being a bigger taller WR.

McDuffie is possibly a slot though if they are sold on Maddox as the slot.  

Penning I think could be a standout guard and arguably a better guard than tackle honestly, Zach Martin potential there no question.  

I do need to move Dean up he should not be dropped that low but I have a hard time dropping Daxton Hill because that dude is possibly going to be a star safety in the NFL and has great versatility but tons of great safeties dropped to the late 1st or 2nd round yet still became great players.  

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Dean I can see potentially, so what your ideal would be Dean, Burks/London and Elam/Booth/McDuffie?  I guess Burks and or London can be a change of pace being a bigger taller WR.

McDuffie is possibly a slot though if they are sold on Maddox as the slot.  

Penning I think could be a standout guard and arguably a better guard than tackle honestly, Zach Martin potential there no question.  

I do need to move Dean up he should not be dropped that low but I have a hard time dropping Daxton Hill because that dude is possibly going to be a star safety in the NFL and has great versatility but tons of great safeties dropped to the late 1st or 2nd round yet still became great players.  

Yeah that scenario is close to ideal for me along with an EDGE in there somewhere. We really need one despite the Reddick addition. Agreed on McDuffie but I personally am a believer in him.

53 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah that scenario is close to ideal for me along with an EDGE in there somewhere. We really need one despite the Reddick addition. Agreed on McDuffie but I personally am a believer in him.

The more I think about it maybe Jameson Williams is the play, he is the best WR in the draft before the injury, huge upside and they have room to gamble a bit with 3 draft picks in the 1st round.  I am not sold on Watkins being a long term deep threat for that group but maybe he is, is pretty cheap at the moment though.  

I will be extremely shocked if Cleveland drafts any redshirt seniors. Youth is a huge factor in our FO’s draft philosophy. I’ve got nothing against the specific players.

Also, in your scenario, I hope to God Cleveland signs some WRs. I know we’re interested in Will Fuller.

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I will be extremely shocked if Cleveland drafts any redshirt seniors. Youth is a huge factor in our FO’s draft philosophy. I’ve got nothing against the specific players.

Also, in your scenario, I hope to God Cleveland signs some WRs. I know we’re interested in Will Fuller.

So they should not draft Coby Bryant, Jake Ferguson and a few others because they are RS SR players?  There was a COVID year and some that might be RS SR types are actually not 5th year seniors but 6th year seniors and Bryant is one of them 6th year guys.

Dude can play and is a solid CB especially in the mid to late rounds so not sure his age is a good reason not to pick him when there will be a ton of quality 6th year senior players.  

So these guys should not be drafted or looked at because they are some of the best 6th year players in the draft?  

Zion Johnson Boston College RS SR OG/OT
Eyioma Uwazurike Iowa State RS SR DE
Jack Jones Arizona State RS SR CB
DeAngelo Malone Western Kentucky RS SR OLB/DE
Coby Bryant Cincinnati RS SR CB
Malcolm Rodriguez Ok State RS SR ILB
Brian Robinson Jr Alabama RS SR RB
JoJo Domann Nebraska RS SR OLB
Jake Hansen Illinois ILB RS SR
Connor Heyward Michigan State RB RS SR
Jeremiah Moon Florida RS SR OLB
Brad Hawkins Michigan RS SR S
Scott Patchan Colorado State RS SR DE

Not sure that is a great idea, but yeah is a crazy year and there is more depth in this draft than normal because of that added year for some and some took total advantage of it.  

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So they should not draft Coby Bryant, Jake Ferguson and a few others because they are RS SR players? 

Yes

Age and when they’ll be eligible for contract extensions is a HUGE deal to our front office.

Also, you question if those guys are completely maxed out.

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yes

Age and when they’ll be eligible for contract extensions is a HUGE deal to our front office.

Also, you question if those guys are completely maxed out.

So all of these guys the last two years were not worth drafting because they were RS SR players?  Joe Burrow, Landon Dickerson, Spencer Brown, Juan Jennings, Alex Highsmith, Josh Jones, Adam Trautman, Dillon Radunz, Ben Cleveland, Teven Jenkins, Levi Onwuzurike, Liam Eichenberg, Tommy Doyle, Demetric Felton, Jordan Smith, Divine Deablo, Matt Bushman, Chauncey Golston, Isaiahh Loudermilk, Khalil Herbert, Amen Ogbongbemiga, Jon Runyan, Markus Bailey, Charlie Heck, James Proche, Carlos Davis, Tyler Bass etc?

And sure maybe the 6th year guys are maxed out but honestly the NFL has no minor league and age of a player sometimes matters but as long as they are developed fully not sure it is that big of a deal to be a RS SR, at least for some they are ready to play right now.  Granted the 6th year guys are more rare but will see plenty in this draft.  And aren't the Browns in a win now mode but maybe not if Watson is suspended half the year.  

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders using their first 3 picks on WR? Nice.

What?  I do not have them selecting a WR with their 1st three picks, I had them getting Doubs but have since moved him up one and have them taking OT/DT/CB/OL.  Not sure I ever had them take 3 WRs in a row but it is a lot harder than you think to keep up with the order when moving players after changing things yet still knowing who those teams all have taken.