7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What?  I do not have them selecting a WR with their 1st three picks, I had them getting Doubs but have since moved him up one and have them taking OT/DT/CB/OL.  Not sure I ever had them take 3 WRs in a row but it is a lot harder than you think to keep up with the order when moving players after changing things yet still knowing who those teams all have taken.  

We traded our 1/2 for Adams and you have us selecting a WR with our 3.

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We traded our 1/2 for Adams and you have us selecting a WR with our 3.

Someone is a pompous ***.  For one I have since edited it and that was edited earlier today before your comment.  And again like the comments I made before, there are 32 teams, seemingly endless free agent signings daily and moving of players in a draft with 263 picks in it.  So yeah sometimes I drop a guy then put him somewhere quickly without looking back at who I had them getting from top to bottom or recalling exactly who is on the roster.

When I had them get a WR it was before Adams then it switching the picks I obviously never re edited it.   But go be an *** instead.

I think if the Falcons swapped out Ridder in round 2 for Pickens and we kept the rest of the picks i think we would be looking really solid on this draft overall.   Roll with Mariotta this year who i sorta like actually and if he can't stay healthy and doesn't take the position going forward. Then we draft from the loaded QB class next year of much better QB choices.  Pickens and Austin would be nice additions to add to Pitts, Oz, and Darby.  Hopefully we also grab 1 more WR in FA as well thats a #2 or 3 guy.

Johnson i still love in round 1 and as much as i hate to say it i have no clue who Leo is in round 2. 

Edited by FalconFan13

Even if we took Elam in the first, if Booth fell to our second pick there is absolutely no way I pass on him.  Then take a DL in the third.  Plus, Taylor has a knack for LSU Tigers in the first and Clemson Tigers in the second.  I see no reason to not continue the second round trend with Booth

Why do you have Booth  dropping so far?

5 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Even if we took Elam in the first, if Booth fell to our second pick there is absolutely no way I pass on him.  Then take a DL in the third.  Plus, Taylor has a knack for LSU Tigers in the first and Clemson Tigers in the second.  I see no reason to not continue the second round trend with Booth

Why do you have Booth  dropping so far?

Booth did not do anything at the combine or Pro day as far as I know, so that speed is a question mark until he runs and athletically performs.  I like him but needs of teams had him drop, had him solid in the 2nd round but since dropped him out based on team needs, and Cam Taylor-Britt has tested well athletically and performed solid during the year, not to mention Woolen who really was a standout and McCollum has done very well also.  

He could be a good pro no doubt but still would like to see him run.   

Awuzie and Hilton are solid corners and Apple is ok at times, getting two corners seems a bit much first two picks when DT is also a need especially backup DT and Eyioma Uwazurike is a tank but sure Winfrey would be a better fit but have him going ahead of that 2nd round pick.  

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Booth did not do anything at the combine or Pro day as far as I know, so that speed is a question mark until he runs and athletically performs.  I like him but needs of teams had him drop, had him solid in the 2nd round but since dropped him out based on team needs, and Cam Taylor-Britt has tested well athletically and performed solid during the year, not to mention Woolen who really was a standout and McCollum has done very well also.  

He could be a good pro no doubt but still would like to see him run.   

Awuzie and Hilton are solid corners and Apple is ok at times, getting two corners seems a bit much first two picks when DT is also a need especially backup DT and Eyioma Uwazurike is a tank but sure Winfrey would be a better fit but have him going ahead of that 2nd round pick.  

1.  I like Booth a lot.  Especially in zone, which is what we run almost exclusively.  It's why we let WJIII walk in favor of Awuzie and Hilton, and also why I wanted Donte Jackson if we could have swung it.

2.  As for overkill, this team is positioning itself for down the road when Burrow, Higgins and Chase come up for second deals.  They can't afford to keep a bunch of second contract guys for third deals, so grabbing two CBs now for the long haul seems like a logical move.  A lot of teams seem to be following the rams model, but on steroids.  We are set up to keep this up as long as we draft replacement guys for the long haul.  When their deals expire, I expect to lose Mixon, Boyd, maybe Reader, Awuzie and Hilton, along with some of these linemen we just signed.  Of course that's down the road, but that's the way our front office plays it.

We definitely need to get younger on the dline too

New edit with the new free agent moves, usually I do not do it but I have Malik Willis go #6 overall even though I do not think he is worth that high of a pick.  But I think Carolina might be desperate for a QB and if they went after Wilson and Watson and did not get them they are obviously desperate and want another QB.  I think they could reach for Willis because they do not pick again right now till the 3rd round so if they want a QB they would have to take one or trade down which could be the far better idea.  If not Willis, then Penning or Cross could make sense on the OL possibly.

Also I have George Karlaftis going 21st overall which is high for him, will see how his pro day is on the 29.  Talented player just not sure how athletic he is and his lack of high level sack production is a concern not to mention where he plays.  The Patriots need a tough physical edge player and he would be in more of a 4/3 with New England and fits.

The Broncos have done very well in free agency.  I have them getting another CB, edge guy, backup TE and backup RB in the draft.

DJ Jones DT gives them one of the best run defenders in the NFL 

Alex Singleton LB is a great tackler with a lot of range

Randy Gregory OLB/DE gives them a edge player opposite Chubb who could do some real damage

K'Wuan Williams CB gives them a solid slot corner with experience 

Bill Turner RT, gives them a OL with versatility

Tom Compton OL, if Turner does not workout at RT Compton could be brought it and gives them great depth on the OL. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

While I don’t like taking Johnson over Olave, and definitely don’t like taking Tyler Vrabel before like the sixth, both of those look like very Titansy things to do.

That OL is kind of a mess, they could easily go OG or OT 1st round.  Sure Olave would be nice but with Woods coming in and adding Hooper at TE, I think OL is more of the need.   I might need to add a DL in there, that group seems pretty weak outside of Simmons.  

On 11/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Ozzy said:

22.   Green Bay Packers via (Las Vegas Raiders) - Drake London USC JR WR

28.   Green Bay Packers - Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR

I'd be hard pressed to be mad if the Packers added both London AND Olave, but that's probably more then the Packers are going to invest in the WR position.  The board is obliterated pretty badly though, so the value isn't bad by any means.  Maybe Boye Mafe as a possibility?

53.   Green Bay Packers via (Las Vegas Raiders) - Christian Harris Alabama JR LB

An off-ball LB is more of a late Day 2, early Day 3 need at best.  They re-signed De'Vondre Campbell and Krys Barnes is still a quality duo.  DeMarvin Leal [DL; Texas A&M], Logan Hall [DL; Houston], and Perrion Winfrey [DT; Oklahoma] are probably more likely here.

59.   Green Bay Packers - Abraham Lucas Washington State RS SR OT  

Not a huge fan of Lucas, but he's not a bad prospect.  If the Packers only get one WR in the first round, there's plenty of WR available here.  Could always double-dip on DL here.

92. Green Bay Packers - Jack Jones Arizona State RS SR CB

It's a shame Dulcich went one pick before, or I'd have taken him there.  Jeremy Ruckert [TE; Ohio State] seems like a solid pick here.

132. Green Bay Packers - Christopher Hinton Michigan JR DT

Assuming they go DL earlier, I'd probably double down with Charlie Kolar [TE; Iowa State] here.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be hard pressed to be mad if the Packers added both London AND Olave, but that's probably more then the Packers are going to invest in the WR position.  The board is obliterated pretty badly though, so the value isn't bad by any means.  Maybe Boye Mafe as a possibility?

An off-ball LB is more of a late Day 2, early Day 3 need at best.  They re-signed De'Vondre Campbell and Krys Barnes is still a quality duo.  DeMarvin Leal [DL; Texas A&M], Logan Hall [DL; Houston], and Perrion Winfrey [DT; Oklahoma] are probably more likely here.

Not a huge fan of Lucas, but he's not a bad prospect.  If the Packers only get one WR in the first round, there's plenty of WR available here.  Could always double-dip on DL here.

It's a shame Dulcich went one pick before, or I'd have taken him there.  Jeremy Ruckert [TE; Ohio State] seems like a solid pick here.

Assuming they go DL earlier, I'd probably double down with Charlie Kolar [TE; Iowa State] here.

I am just not a huge fan of Krys Barnes, but sure they could go another way and DL could be that way but with them bringing in Jarran Reed it is not as big of an issue that guy is a stud.  Harris would provide them a better LB with more upside.

For sure Mafe could be potentially a pick for them 1st round but I would not be shocked at all if they go with two WRs 1st round especially considering the value and both would fit very well.  Could also get maybe Burks or Dotson, basically just a matter of who falls and someone will fall no question.   And I would say slot CB is a bigger need than TE,  I guess they could go TE but with Deguara and Tonyan it is not a huge need and could pickup one as a UDFA also.  Jack Jones could be a standout corner in the league if he keeps his head on straight, he has big time ball skills and talent.  

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That OL is kind of a mess, they could easily go OG or OT 1st round.  Sure Olave would be nice but with Woods coming in and adding Hooper at TE, I think OL is more of the need.   I might need to add a DL in there, that group seems pretty weak outside of Simmons.  

I disagree with your assessment of the team’s needs, but your opinion is probably more in line with what the team actually thinks.

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

@Ozzy What we were talking about the other day.

I would be very, very, very surprised if it’s Linderbaum at this point. I would probably adjust the Ravens pick next time you make an edit

Thanks and I guess will do, surprised they are sold with Mekari as the center.  I suppose edge or CB is the need, Dean could be a nice pickup but is too similar to Queen so probably not him, maybe Ojabo because Macdonald obviously knows him, Daxton Hill could be in play also as a potential safety or corner type.  Ojabo might be the way to go even if he is hurt, he has some good upside and potential long term, could go Bonitto but the experience and familiarity with Ojabo by Macdonald might put him over.