7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

5.   New York Giants - Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S  

7.   New York Giants via (Chicago Bears) -  Travon Walker Georgia JR DE/OLB

36.   New York Giants - Kenyon Green Texas A&M JR OG

67.   New York Giants - Breece Hall Iowa State JR RB

81. NY Giants via (Miami Dolphins) - Luke Fortner Kentucky RS SR OG/C

110. NY Giants via (Chicago Bears) -George Pickens Georgia JR WR

3/9 update is pretty damn perfect for the Giants. I could argue Gardner over Hamilton, but it's such a small difference between the 2 for me that I don't mind. We don't get a RT, but IMO Green and Fortner are instant starters on the OL, which is huge. In fact, the Giants would be looking at 4 instant starters and 2 2023 starters/immediate role players with this draft. I'm high on all of these guys. Great work.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

5.   New York Giants - Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S  

7.   New York Giants via (Chicago Bears) -  Travon Walker Georgia JR DE/OLB

36.   New York Giants - Kenyon Green Texas A&M JR OG

67.   New York Giants - Breece Hall Iowa State JR RB

81. NY Giants via (Miami Dolphins) - Luke Fortner Kentucky RS SR OG/C

110. NY Giants via (Chicago Bears) -George Pickens Georgia JR WR

3/9 update is pretty damn perfect for the Giants. I could argue Gardner over Hamilton, but it's such a small difference between the 2 for me that I don't mind. We don't get a RT, but IMO Green and Fortner are instant starters on the OL, which is huge. In fact, the Giants would be looking at 4 instant starters and 2 2023 starters/immediate role players with this draft. I'm high on all of these guys. Great work.

With the trades of the Colts and Washington I looked at the Patriots and have them going WR now instead of OT, which drops Bernhard Rainmann down and I have the Giants getting him at 36 instead of Green.  Honestly Green's build at the combine I was not impressed by, kind of a round dude and not nearly as thick and powerful looking as I thought.  Still could be a good player but one could argue OG and C for the giants is just as big of a need as RT.  Rainmann has potential and upside and could be a good pick if he drops, that or Kinnard who could play RT or OG.  

Clearly I am assuming Travon Walker based on how great of an athlete he is can play 3/4 OLB opposite Azeez, I think he could do it easily and if not could be a 3/4 DE no problem as well.  Then they could put Dexter in at NT possibly with Walker and Leonard Williams at the DE spots. It just allows for a ton of versatility, originally I had them getting Ojabo for awhile but after the combine I think Walker and Jermaine Johnson jumped him.  Even Jermain Johnson could be a good fit for the Giants 3/4 as well.  Sure they could get Cross or Penning but not sure that would be worth it when a quality OL could be there in round 2.

Edited by Ozzy

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ozzy said:

4.    New York Jets - Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE 

10.    New York Jets via (Seattle Seahawks) - Trevor Penning Northern Iowa RS SR OT/OG 

35.   New York Jets - Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB  

38.   New York Jets via (Carolina Panthers)  - George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE

69.   New York Jets - Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M Jr TE

Love getting Thibs with pick one. Would much rather Grab a wr or Linderbaum at 10

In the second, while I love the value for karlaftis, I think we have too many spots to double dip early on the dline. Assuming we skipped on penning at ten and grabbed a wr we could use 35 on an offensive lineman then take McBride at 38, I might even flip flop them just to make sure McBride is there. Since we would be taking the TE in the second we could grab a db in the third(we've typically been decent at identifying mid round corners that are good enough).

Obviously fa could change things but it seems like the players we've been linked to(jc Jackson, amari cooper,Dalton Shultze) would still keep the framework mostly the same. If we get a wr in fa, then Linderbaum becomes a great option at 10. If we land Jackson it removes the need for a high end cb and if we get Shultze the mcbride pick could be used to boost the position we missed out on earlier and in fa.

Updated with recent free agent moves.  The Jaguars have done a hell of a job in free agency, brought over Oluokun at ILB who is a blur and can really run and tackle, is an upgrade over Myles Jack who is good but Oluokun is probably better.  D. Williams the former Rams corner is brought in, he is very good and with Griffen gives them a great two starting corners and then have Campbell off the bench.  Not to mention Scherff one of the best guards in the league and Kirk as WR.  They also have a very solid coaching staff overall.

With these moves I think they got Evan Neal all the way if he impresses at the workout and shows athletic ability most already know he has.  He would be the RT and could give them a very good OL.  Hutchinson and Thibs sure but not sure either one is a fit in a 3/4 D that already has Allen as one pass rusher and Chaisson who has upside.  My guess is they fill that other 3/4 OLB spot in the draft.  

Steelers have also made some great moves overall with under the radar signings and I assume they do not go QB with the moves they made.  Nothing great but clearly they have three QBs to pick from who all have experience now. 

Travis Jones I think the Steelers and Ravens will be pissed because unless the Bucs can somehow resign Suh or Gholston they could no doubt want Travis Jones on that 3/4 front and he could do very well there.

Nice job on the big 7-rounder @Ozzy.  For the Jags, I'd be fine going with Evan Neal at #1, but if Treylon Burks falls to us at #33, I'd be really disappointed if we passed on him.  I know we just added a couple of receivers in free agency, but we still need a true #1 WR, and Burks could be that guy.  He would also be a good complement to what we already have too.  If he falls, we need to grab him!

On 11/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Ozzy said:

30.   Kansas City Chiefs - Roger McCreary Auburn SR CB

I'd be ok with this. But give me Karlaftis if he falls.

62.   Kansas City Chiefs - Brandon Smith Penn State JR LB

Hate it. We need LB depth, not a new starter. Give us BPA DL, WR, or DB.

94. Kansas City Chiefs - Kolby Harvell-Peel Ok State SR S

Not sure about the player, but I'm ok with the position.

*103. Kansas City Chiefs -Lecitus Smith Virginia Tech RS JR OG

I'm ok with OL depth, but the 3rd may be a bit early for someone that should be on the bench for 2+ years.

135. Kansas City Chiefs - JoJo Domann Nebraska RS SR OLB

Two LB this early when we only need depth is no bueno.

234. Kansas City Chiefs via (Minnesota Vikings) - Caesar Williams Wisconsin RS SR CB

I'm cool with a late round DB flier. Can always use CB depth.

244. Kansas City Chiefs via (Las Vegas Raiders) - Jack Koerner Iowa RS SR S

Another S is fine by me but not necessarily needed.

252. Kansas City Chiefs – Scott Patchan Colorado State RS SR DE

Arguably our biggest need and not addressed until pick 252.

260. Kansas City Chiefs - Brandon Drayton Marshall RS SR S

Hooray, a 3rd safety that won't see the field or likely the 53 man roster.

I must say I'd be pretty disappointed with this for KC. Our two biggest needs, DE and WR, weren't really addressed and we instead got multiple bench LB and S. McCreary would likely be the only player out of the 9 to consistently see the field in year one, excluding special teams. Even then, McCreary would be the #3 or #4 CB.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nice job on the big 7-rounder @Ozzy.  For the Jags, I'd be fine going with Evan Neal at #1, but if Treylon Burks falls to us at #33, I'd be really disappointed if we passed on him.  I know we just added a couple of receivers in free agency, but we still need a true #1 WR, and Burks could be that guy.  He would also be a good complement to what we already have too.  If he falls, we need to grab him!

I had him taken by the Jaguars originally, then changed it because they might need an edge guy potentially, not sure Chaisson is the answer there or not.  Could argue that opposite edge rusher is their 2nd biggest need if not 1st biggest need.  

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'd be ok with this. But give me Karlaftis if he falls.

Hate it. We need LB depth, not a new starter. Give us BPA DL, WR, or DB.

Not sure about the player, but I'm ok with the position.

I'm ok with OL depth, but the 3rd may be a bit early for someone that should be on the bench for 2+ years.

Two LB this early when we only need depth is no bueno.

I'm cool with a late round DB flier. Can always use CB depth.

Another S is fine by me but not necessarily needed.

Arguably our biggest need and not addressed until pick 252.

Hooray, a 3rd safety that won't see the field or likely the 53 man roster.

I must say I'd be pretty disappointed with this for KC. Our two biggest needs, DE and WR, weren't really addressed and we instead got multiple bench LB and S. McCreary would likely be the only player out of the 9 to consistently see the field in year one, excluding special teams. Even then, McCreary would be the #3 or #4 CB.

I have changed it a lot, but with the Chiefs resigning Clark and already having Jones at the other DE getting a DE sure I need to change that, edited it late last night.  Had them get Mafe originally.  Honestly thought CB McCreary could start for them so he would be a good pickup, not sure Fenton is a long time starter in this league.  Still a work in progress, I think that LB core is suspect, not a huge fan of Bolton or Gay long term but maybe Chiefs people like them, what they only play two LBs all game, one would think they need another one and a better one than those two but maybe not.  Hitchens is gone right and he was one of the leading tacklers on the team for the last 4 years.  Gay will take his place?  Niemann is a free agent also so how again is LB not a need?   Hell O'Daniel is a free agent also, so again how is LB not a massive need with freaking two on the roster at the moment?  

I like the mock for Tennessee in the context of you doing it before Julio was released.  Now, it's hard to imagine the Titans leaving the first round without a WR.  Still, for the needs at the time, I would be happy with that.

Still, Zion Johnson is great, would be a great add.  Still like getting Dulcich that late, I think he can play immediately.  Getting a couple more OLs is great too, but the need is less dire with Ben Jones re-signed.  I don't mind getting CBs, Edges, and LBs late in the draft, depth doesn't hurt, and that's what the late game draft is for.

Haven't seen much of Dubbs, so I don't know what he brings to the table, but I imagine, by himself, he's not enough.  I'd add either another WR, or swap Zion with Treylon myself.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:00 PM, Ozzy said:

28.   Green Bay Packers - Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB

I like Dean but don't think the Packers go ILB early after resigning De'Vondre Campbell. Our other ILB, Kyrs Barnes, has played well over the last two seasons after going undrafted from UCLA. In this scenario I would replace Dean with either Boye Mafe or George Karlaftis.

Steelers very very likely wont go OL early.    They somewhat committed to Chuks at RT and they like Moore's potential at LT, and they have guys in the middle now.

And as much as I hate it, I think they would absolutely draft Willis if he fell to 20.  

2nd rd....again, doubtful we go ILB unless they have completely given up on Bush, which I doubt.

I think CB, WR and DL should be the first 3 picks.   

4 hours ago, Haha21 said:

I like Dean but don't think the Packers go ILB early after resigning De'Vondre Campbell. Our other ILB, Kyrs Barnes, has played well over the last two seasons after going undrafted from UCLA. In this scenario I would replace Dean with either Boye Mafe or George Karlaftis.

True they could go another way and another OLB could be a good pickup.  But I think Barnes sucks honestly, I think Dean would be a massive upgrade and great improve the pass coverage and allow Campbell to play more downhill.  But sure they could go another way, possibly corner I guess if King is out.  

I might have to change that actually, CB seems like a massive need now that I look at it more.  

11 minutes ago, 43M said:

Steelers very very likely wont go OL early.    They somewhat committed to Chuks at RT and they like Moore's potential at LT, and they have guys in the middle now.

And as much as I hate it, I think they would absolutely draft Willis if he fell to 20.  

2nd rd....again, doubtful we go ILB unless they have completely given up on Bush, which I doubt.

I think CB, WR and DL should be the first 3 picks.   

They like Moore at LT?  Really, that would be shocking if they are totally sold at him as the LT.  Might as well get Rainmann who potentially could be great at LT and is very developmentally sound.

Willis to the Steelers?  Sure that makes sense but they signed Mitchell, got Rudolph and signed Haskins.  You really think they get another QB after doing all that?  If that is the case why did they sign Haskins?  But yeah that would not be an awful pick.

They just cut Schobert so I think ILB is absolutely on the table and Clark could be a great fit but so could a few other ILB types.  They need one badly especially with Bush's injuries and not sure Spillane is the long term answer.  CB sure makes sense but with how bad the OL was last year I think that will be addressed early even with the free agent signings, Daniels was a great pickup, Cole is just ok I assume they put Green at center and Cole is a backup but crazy to pay him $5 mil to be on the bench.  But not sure he starts over Dotson or Daniels.  

Some have Green as not the starting center, I would be shocked if Cole starts over him, Green is probably better at guard though but I would rather have Daniels at center than Cole as well.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True they could go another way and another OLB could be a good pickup.  But I think Barnes sucks honestly, I think Dean would be a massive upgrade and great improve the pass coverage and allow Campbell to play more downhill.  But sure they could go another way, possibly corner I guess if King is out.  

I might have to change that actually, CB seems like a massive need now that I look at it more.  

They like Moore at LT?  Really, that would be shocking if they are totally sold at him as the LT.  Might as well get Rainmann who potentially could be great at LT and is very developmentally sound.

Not impossible and Im not against it, but Moore showed enough that I think they will go another direction.   If we drafted an LT prospect, I wouldn't complain....but I dont see it.

Willis to the Steelers?  Sure that makes sense but they signed Mitchell, got Rudolph and signed Haskins.  You really think they get another QB after doing all that?  If that is the case why did they sign Haskins?  But yeah that would not be an awful pick.

Your logic in on point, but they apparently like Willis.    I dont want him....but its very possible.

They just cut Schobert so I think ILB is absolutely on the table and Clark could be a great fit but so could a few other ILB types.  They need one badly especially with Bush's injuries and not sure Spillane is the long term answer.

You know we signed Myles Jack, right?

Him and Bush will start with Spillane and maybe Buddy Johnson at backup.   That works for me for 2022.

CB sure makes sense but with how bad the OL was last year I think that will be addressed early even with the free agent signings, Daniels was a great pickup, Cole is just ok I assume they put Green at center and Cole is a backup but crazy to pay him $5 mil to be on the bench.  But not sure he starts over Dotson or Daniels.  

Some have Green as not the starting center, I would be shocked if Cole starts over him, Green is probably better at guard though but I would rather have Daniels at center than Cole as well.

Green was horrid last year.   Not big on the Cole signing, but he has a far better shot at winning center than Green.    Daniels will likely start at RG, which will leave Green, Dotson and maybe Leglue competing for LG.

Our OL wont be amazing, but even if we dont draft anyone, it should definitely be better than last year.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

If Rasul Douglas doesn't resign with us CB will be a higher need for sure. Outside of Alexander, Stokes, and Douglas our depth at CB leaves a lot to be desired. I could see us potentially go with Daxton Hill because he has the versatility to play safety and in the slot.