7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True I might have him way too low but will see how he times out, if he athletically is elite for sure he could go that high considering how many teams need pass rushers.  If he does not he might be limited to just a 4/3 DE instead of a 3/4 OLB type.   Is kind of curious that he never looked like this on Georgia, maybe that was just because he did not get the opportunity as much.  He was decent on Georgia but took it to a totally new level this year on Florida State.  

I can help you on this one :D I live in georgia and am a FSU Fan so i have seen him more than pretty much anyone his whole college career lol.  UGA just has way to much talent and always like to play vets over younger guys because of scheme knowledge.  So he was  not getting as much playing time to help learn the scheme as to me he seems to get better the more he plays in live game action in a scheme than on the practice field.   In FSU i think he got more on field opportunities and probably fit the scheme a little better. With less people in front of him getting more attention and time of the coaches.  I think he would have been as good if not better in UGA this year than at FSU if he had stayed and played after the older guys moved on.  But who knows either way he is a very talented edge rusher and if the Falcons trade down some i would love to take a look at him in the mid to late 1st and for damn sure in the 2nd if he falls to us he is my choice.

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I can help you on this one :D I live in georgia and am a FSU Fan so i have seen him more than pretty much anyone his whole college career lol.  UGA just has way to much talent and always like to play vets over younger guys because of scheme knowledge.  So he was  not getting as much playing time to help learn the scheme as to me he seems to get better the more he plays in live game action in a scheme than on the practice field.   In FSU i think he got more on field opportunities and probably fit the scheme a little better. With less people in front of him getting more attention and time of the coaches.  I think he would have been as good if not better in UGA this year than at FSU if he had stayed and played after the older guys moved on.  But who knows either way he is a very talented edge rusher and if the Falcons trade down some i would love to take a look at him in the mid to late 1st and for damn sure in the 2nd if he falls to us he is my choice.

I watched Johnson on Georgia and he was simply not as good but yeah like I said and you said, maybe it was just lack of opportunity.  Either way the dude looks stronger this year and unless he tests great might be better in a 4/3 than a 3/4.  I would agree he is probably worth a late 1st or early 2nd round pick, a top 15 pick not sure unless he is a freak show at the combine.  If I remember didn't he play ILB early on at Georgia also in that 3/4 and only the last few years was out on the edge.  

8 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I think any number around $60 mill includes the 11 mill from cutting Waynes.

If that is the case really they should go after the best LT available and that is probably Terron Armstead or Orlando Brown Jr. but Brown Jr is probably more a RT but wants to play LT to get paid.  

But maybe they like Jonah Williams at LT and then need a RT and possibly Morgan Moses could be a good value at RT.  Cam Robinson is also out there, curious who they go with or if they just go with the draft but if so all the top OTs could be long gone by the time they pick.  

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

If that is the case really they should go after the best LT available and that is probably Terron Armstead or Orlando Brown Jr. but Brown Jr is probably more a RT but wants to play LT to get paid.  

But maybe they like Jonah Williams at LT and then need a RT and possibly Morgan Moses could be a good value at RT.  Cam Robinson is also out there, curious who they go with or if they just go with the draft but if so all the top OTs could be long gone by the time they pick.  

If KC actually let Brown test there market, I'd gladly pay him LT money to play RT.  He shouldn't care if he gets paid.

• 3 weeks later...

Biggest risers after the combine, those tall corners like Woolen, McCollum and Williams are hard to ignore and the athletic ability of Troy Andersen and Muma was standout but was not a huge surprise either.  I had Muma and Andersen both 2nd rounders pre combine, Woolen, McCollum and Williams I have never seen before but they sure did impress especially at that massive size.  

Travon Walker Georgia JR DE/OLB
Jermaine Johnson Florida State SR LB/DE 
Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT
Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati JR CB
Trevor Penning Northern Iowa RS SR OT/OG 
Boye Mafe Minnesota RS SR DE
Malik Willis Liberty RS SR QB
Chad Muma Wyoming SR LB
Tariq Woolen UTSA RS SR CB
Devonte Wyatt Georgia SR DE/DT
Troy Andersen Montana State SR LB
 Tyquan Thornton Baylor SR WR
 Breece Hall Iowa State JR RB
Jalen Pitre Baylor RS SR S
Kenneth Walker III Michigan State JR RB
Jack Jones Arizona State RS SR CB
Jelani Woods Virginia RS JR TE
 Christian Watson NDSU SR WR
Zyon McCollum Sam Houston State SR CB
Dare Rosenthal Kentucky RS JR OT
Alec Pierce Cincinnati SR WR
Amare Barno Virginia Tech RS JR DE/OLB
Cam Jurgens Nebraska RS SOPH C
Kevin Austin Jr Notre Dame SR WR
JT Woods Baylor SR S
Joshua Williams Fayetteville State SR CB/S

I like the the new update for the Falcons it looks pretty good overall with the positions we took and the rounds we took them in nice job on that one.   I will say just based on personal preferance though i would take Wyatt at DE/DT with our early round 2 pick and Booth with our 2nd round 2 pick.  I think both of those guys are legit 1st round players and have both of them as better quality players than the 2 guys we picked up who for me are legit round 2 or round 3 guys. 

So same positions but better prospects/players and better value with each pick.  Johnson im still not 100% sure im sold on at 8 although i like him alot.  I still think we should trade down some and pick up a pick or 2 then grab johnson in the teens or Jordan Davis either one works.

Also wouldn't mind grabbing Devin Lloyd in round 2 that would be a MASSIVE STEAL and would possibly ease the loss of either Foye Oluyokon or Deion Jones whichever we move on from.  Hopefully it's Deion for some picks and we bring back Foye on a solid new contract.   Either way if we lose either of them Lloyd would be a hell of a replacement that late in the 2nd round.

Johnson, Wyatt, and Lloyd  would strengthen our front 7 up big time which was easily our biggest problem last year our secondary wasn't anywhere near as bad as our front 7 was.

Edited by FalconFan13

I like the Titans mock overall. Getting Wilson at 26 and Dulcich all the way in the fourth is a good get.

Two corners is a waste when one isn’t going to make the roster, and I don’t like taking one with the second pick. It’s not a need, even if Jenkins is cut. We have Fulton, who is good, Molden, who was good as a rookie, and Farley, who was a first round pick.

An earlier OL would be better, or an Edge or Safety if you want defense.

Still, coming away with Wilson, Dulcich, and some OLs would be a decent haul.

Love Stingley at 12 for the Vikes and Leal in RD 2 is great.

I dont see them drafting another CB in RD 3 even if they do need extra bodies there. They will sign some cheap free agents. Plus you have them taking one in the 7th. A bit overkill, imo.

Give me Christian Watson WR NDSU to pair with Jefferson for the future. He's still on the board.

You really think Engabare falls to the 5th? Im definitely fine with taking him, just not sure he falls quite that far.

Otherwise kudos.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:43 PM, Daniel said:

I like the Titans mock overall. Getting Wilson at 26 and Dulcich all the way in the fourth is a good get.

Two corners is a waste when one isn’t going to make the roster, and I don’t like taking one with the second pick. It’s not a need, even if Jenkins is cut. We have Fulton, who is good, Molden, who was good as a rookie, and Farley, who was a first round pick.

An earlier OL would be better, or an Edge or Safety if you want defense.

Still, coming away with Wilson, Dulcich, and some OLs would be a decent haul.

Maybe that is right, I just still cannot get over how you lose a game when getting  9 QB sacks and hitting the other teams QB 13 times, cannot help but think secondary is a little issue, not to mention giving up almost 350 yards passing.  But yeah I might have to re look at the Titans haul, I guess they are not losing any corner in free agency even though Jenkins not sure he is that good anymore but I guess he is not super expensive.

But sure hopefully for them Farley can get health and become a baller, but with that injury history he is a question and Fulton I have never thought of as a big time elite level corner, and he also has a bad injury history.  Not to mention Molden might be more of a safety type rover/slot guy.  

Maybe they got OL with that 3rd round pick, that might be better.  

19 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Your draft order is a little off, Broncos should have picks #196 and #240 

I am going off this order and this order does not have that where those picks go to the Broncos, is that a wrong order then?

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

7 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Love Stingley at 12 for the Vikes and Leal in RD 2 is great.

I dont see them drafting another CB in RD 3 even if they do need extra bodies there. They will sign some cheap free agents. Plus you have them taking one in the 7th. A bit overkill, imo.

Give me Christian Watson WR NDSU to pair with Jefferson for the future. He's still on the board.

You really think Engabare falls to the 5th? Im definitely fine with taking him, just not sure he falls quite that far.

Otherwise kudos.

I have since changed it with the Seattle / Denver trade, now having Seattle get Stingley.  But yeah I would not mind him in the 1st but it all depends on who he works out.  

No such thing as overkill for CBs and the Vikings considering they should be losing all three starters.  Already lost Breeland, then Peterson and then Alexander.   Right now Dantzler not sure he is a lock to be a great starter at all, and they have no nickel guy, and doubt Hand is the answer so last time I checked that is three corners if not more.  And since my edit I have them taking Koerner the Iowa safety in the 7th not a corner.    Engabare I have going higher in the 5th now, Enagbare did not have an amazing combine so I could see him dropping a bit, especially in such a deep edge class.  I think most want him as a 3/4 OLB but not sure he could do that with his times but will see, but sure he might go higher in the 4th but most those teams probably already got the edge guy they wanted, will see.  

I have them now getting Ojabo in the 1st since Stingley is gone and Booth in the 2nd.

56 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe that is right, I just still cannot get over how you lose a game when getting  9 QB sacks and hitting the other teams QB 13 times, cannot help but think secondary is a little issue, not to mention giving up almost 350 yards passing.  But yeah I might have to re look at the Titans haul, I guess they are not losing any corner in free agency even though Jenkins not sure he is that good anymore but I guess he is not super expensive.

But sure hopefully for them Farley can get health and become a baller, but with that injury history he is a question and Fulton I have never thought of as a big time elite level corner, and he also has a bad injury history.  Not to mention Molden might be more of a safety type rover/slot guy.  

Maybe they got OL with that 3rd round pick, that might be better.  

I think you’re getting hung up on the wrong thing. Under Vrabel, the Titans have always had some version of a bend but don’t break defense. They give up yards, but not points. Burrow threw for 350, but they only scored one TD in that game.

And again, the defense can only do so much if the QB turns the ball over 3 times to the other team.

Fulton isn’t elite, but he’s an above average starting CB in his second year. Molden was projected as a S/CB hybrid, but the Titans have used him as a CB. And Robinson isn’t going to give up on a first rounder with tons of talent after one injured season with Farley. They could take a CB, but only if they were the best player available by a substantial margin, and at best, to play as CB4. CB4 isn’t something teams are gonna invest in before they plug the active holes.

OL is a much bigger need, and is probably about to be a much bigger need when Saffold gets cut. Then they’ll be misding a starting LG and a C.

If you really want to give them a DB, they do need a third S with Cruikshank gone. They like 3 safety schemes.