7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True Gardner makes sense but I imagine he might run a 4.5 or slower 40 so that could drop him down a bit.  But sure in terms of production he is right up there but not sure how elite of an athlete he is, and if Stingley is healthy he will probably test better athletically and I believe Daxton Hill will test great as a safety athletically because in many ways he is a corner playing safety.  

Gordon honestly I have never noticed when watching Washington but did not catch a ton of him this year.  Apparently he had a good year this past season and from what little I saw he has elite reaction skills when the ball arrives.  But where the hell was he the other three years he was on Washington?  He has been on Washington since 2018.  It is a pretty weak CB class outside of a few guys so lucky him, even guys like Elam, Taylor-Britt, McCreary, McDuffie, Booth, Kendrick and Bryant were only so so at CB this past year, none had some outstanding season they were good but not great.  

Will see how Gordon looks at the combine and how he times.

Maybe so, but I want Gardner, I don’t care if he runs 4.45 or 4.5 or 4.3 that’s a football player and a corner who just flat out can play the game at 6’2”+ I want him opposite AJT and let Atlanta help the pass rush by bolstering the secondary who in today’s NFL is one of the most valuable picks possible. You need 5 corners on any roster anymore. 

2 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Maybe so, but I want Gardner, I don’t care if he runs 4.45 or 4.5 or 4.3 that’s a football player and a corner who just flat out can play the game at 6’2”+ I want him opposite AJT and let Atlanta help the pass rush by bolstering the secondary who in today’s NFL is one of the most valuable picks possible. You need 5 corners on any roster anymore. 

True corners are wildly important in the NFL now more than ever, but Denver had the deepest and arguably best secondary in the NFL last year and did not even make the playoffs.  Also those Falcons safeties I am not super impressed with and Harris/Harmon are free agents this year also.  Now maybe they love Grant and Hawkins, Grant is decent but not so sure about Hawkins.  

Either way that defense was lead by Oluokun and Jones at LB, those guys make tackles all over the field and covered a lot of things up.  Still honestly it is kind of shocking how good Atlanta was last year considering it was a pretty suspect roster but Pitts and Patterson made them surprisingly solid on offense and again those two LBs being healthy helped that group a ton.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

True corners are wildly important in the NFL now more than ever, but Denver had the deepest and arguably best secondary in the NFL last year and did not even make the playoffs.  Also those Falcons safeties I am not super impressed with and Harris/Harmon are free agents this year also.  Now maybe they love Grant and Hawkins, Grant is decent but not so sure about Hawkins.  

Either way that defense was lead by Oluokun and Jones at LB, those guys make tackles all over the field and covered a lot of things up.  Still honestly it is kind of shocking how good Atlanta was last year considering it was a pretty suspect roster but Pitts and Patterson made them surprisingly solid on offense and again those two LBs being healthy helped that group a ton.  

Jones was bad most of the year, he came on late for sure though. I was not impressed by the Falcons roster at all and you're right we overachieved considering how bare the cupboard was. I wouldn't be opposed to Hamilton if we can get him at 8, but I really do think Gardner is the dude I'd pound the table for the hardest over any other player at 8.

12 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Jones was bad most of the year, he came on late for sure though. I was not impressed by the Falcons roster at all and you're right we overachieved considering how bare the cupboard was. I wouldn't be opposed to Hamilton if we can get him at 8, but I really do think Gardner is the dude I'd pound the table for the hardest over any other player at 8.

Unless Thibideaux falls, I'm on the David Ojabo or Sauce Gardner train as well. CB/EDGE who are top 10 talents.

10 hours ago, scar988 said:

Unless Thibideaux falls, I'm on the David Ojabo or Sauce Gardner train as well. CB/EDGE who are top 10 talents.

Yeah Ojabo seems to have something none of our other highly drafted DEs did... counter moves. I like that guy a lot, maybe he's a flash in the pan, and maybe Hutchinson is the reason he's at the top of the first round, but he just looks so good on tape I can't ignore it.

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Either one makes sense, but why both.

Much as I like Rhyan, why not Verone McKinley? Then, Ridgeway and Rosenthal in the 3rd. 

That is assuming they cannot sign Orlando Brown Jr with the little cap room they have and the insane amount of quality free agents they have.  Mathieu, O. Brown Jr, Reed, Ingram, Ward, Hughes, Remmers, Sorensen, Pringle, Wylie, Nnadi, McKinnon, Niemann, Robinson, Bell, Blythe, Watts etc.  Sure there are games they can play with signing bonuses to free up cap space but not sure they can pay him honestly but will see.  

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

OB Jr wants to re-sign as does Tyrann Mathieu and they do have Lucas Niang. We will see how it goes, but in my mocks I assume that they need one developmental OT. 

J

Sure they want to return because they can win there, but in terms of pure cash can they do it?  Not sure especially if Orlando Brown Jr wants LT money and if Mathieu wants top safety in the NFL money, no way they can pull that off currently.  

On 2/11/2022 at 9:08 AM, scar988 said:

Im down with quite a few people at 8 although some more than others.  Here is a list of guys im gonna be happy with at 8 on draft day from happiest to not what i really wanted but im cool with the player bc he is still good value and a need.

Hamilton
Hutch
Thibs
Neal
Linderbaum
Ekwonu
Stingley
Ojabo
Davis
Sauce
Karlaftis
Dean
Lloyd
Jermaine  Johnson - Surprise pick with a bit of a reach but i like him a ton. 
Malik Willis - Don't really want a QB this year but if we have to take one and it be early he is the guy i want.

Would rather trade down some and get all the guys after Ojabo to be happiest but if we take any of them at 8 i won't be mad either.

Edited by FalconFan13

On 2/9/2022 at 10:59 AM, Cutler06 said:

Poor Broncos draft, Bonitto isn't a top 10 pick, where you get that is beyond me. Then drafting 2 IOL, where we have Rizner, Muti, Meinerz, Glasgow and Cushenberry is crazy, 

Little more on Bonitto, I do not follow PFF numbers that closely at all but these are some telling stats about how productive Bonitto has been the last two years.

93.6 pass rush grade in 2020
92.5 pass rush grade in 2021
Highest pressure rate in 2020 (Power 5)
Highest pass rush win rate on 3rd downs since 2019 (Power 5)

He is an outstanding 3/4 OLB prospect and is very versatile, sure is not going to really hold the edge very well but he is slippery athletic and is hell to manage in pass rush situations.    

Great work as always and fun to read. That said, liked it a lot more before for the Browns.

Ridder in the second to Cleveland...just say no. If Lloyd is there in the second, he's just what we need and is an easy pick. If not, compliment Burks with Olave--Browns receivers go from worst to potentially great. McFadden seems like a blah pick but could change if Lloyd is our second. Also, while Ridgeway (RS SR) seems like pretty solid value where we grab him, our front office generally targets younger players. Ferguson might be older than they like as well.

Yes please on the 2/14 update.  My only thing might be, pending what they do in free agency, is taking Lindstrom at C in the third over another developmental OT.  We are teeming with those.  

Serious question on Zion.  has he ever played RG?  That's the biggest hole, along with RG.  We have Spain and Carman at LG right now.  Neither plays worth a #$%^ at RG.  Obviously, no one else does either.  I don't want any square peg, round hole kind of projects anymore.  We have like 5 athletic LTs from college all trying to fit elsewhere on the OL, except for Jonah.  Carman, Adeniji, Smith and Prince (part time at OSU) have all failed to play even decently at other positions.  Heck, Spain played better there last year in a pinch.