7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

I can't agree with this at all. You have them taking a 2 down LB over DT that can play and worked with Barmore and a WR that can play inside and out that Mac knows from the jump. Also the Pats stink at taking a WR, it pretty much a given that they would finally hit with Metchie, already a PRO, pretty much a can't miss prospect.

You made a misstake hear. you meant to put Jobe with the Pats. They way Sabans talks about him there is no way BB doesn't take him. Also he's better than Goodrich

I assume Hightower or Bentley might not be back next year , Bentley is a free agent and so is Hightower and Collins is a free agent as well.  Sure if they bring Bentley back maybe but there could be an opening at the ILB position no question.  Something has to give and Chenal could give them a pop in the pass rush game and is a solid player, but sure they could go another way and go for a DT.  WR with Metchie, I like Metchie but not sure he is a fit in New England and in the cold but who knows.

This just in though, the Patriots cannot draft the entire Alabama football roster, basically based on these two comments you want them to get Metchie and Jobe to Bama players just because they are Bama players?  Sure there is a Saban and Bill connection but he does not just do that year after year after year, sure they usually take a Bama player every year or so but most of that is the 3/4 defense and how they fit into what the Patriots do and the versatility they want.

I watched Jobe all year, he was not very good honestly and I would say he regressed as a corner and when Theo Jackson came in, despite not being very experienced he was arguably better in terms of his ball skills especially in that Cinci game, did struggle in that championship game late though but the two games previous he was just fine.  Sure Saban maybe likes Jobe but on the field I did not think he had this outstanding year or something, if anything that entire secondary disappointed especially early in the season.

It is hard to know what they will do, what do they do with Trenton Brown, JC Jackson, McCourty, Meyers etc.  Until those things are answered not sure which way they are going to move toward.  Sure this is not the best draft for the Patriots in the world but is still a work in progress.  Goodrich maybe I overrate but I think his pure coverage and ball skills are better than Jobe, Jobe is a better tackler.  Goodrich gets his hands on the football more and has better ball skills.  Jobe is kind of stiff and not always very quick to react.  

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I assume Hightower or Bentley might not be back next year

I agree desperate need however Chenal is the not the guy. I understand why you picked him, size however we need speed as well. You can get his type later in the draft such Iowa Campbell.  Lets call it a thump-er.

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Patriots cannot draft the entire Alabama football roster,

I got a good laugh on this one. I had a felling you might respond accordingly however it no the case, I swear!!!

Last---  Don't be shocked that the  Pats don't chose Trevon Walker or Brandon Smith at 21.  I don't care where everyone has them rated you know as well as I do the BB doesn't give a crap what others think of a players. Recently to a fault. I hope it the same procedure this year for 2022.

45 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I agree desperate need however Chenal is the not the guy. I understand why you picked him, size however we need speed as well. You can get his type later in the draft such Iowa Campbell.  Lets call it a thump-er.

I got a good laugh on this one. I had a felling you might respond accordingly however it no the case, I swear!!!

Last---  Don't be shocked that the  Pats don't chose Trevon Walker or Brandon Smith at 21.  I don't care where everyone has them rated you know as well as I do the BB doesn't give a crap what others think of a players. Recently to a fault. I hope it the same procedure this year for 2022.

Jack Campbell is returning to Iowa in 2022 so he is not in this draft class, also Campbell had 1 sack last year Chenal had 8, sure he is a thumper type but is not that bad of an athlete.  If they really want a thumper, Damone Clark fits that bill, same with Quay Walker or Chance Campbell.   

I would not mind if the Pats go Walker he is a great player and Brandon Smith is clearly the best OLB in the class and is apparently a super star athlete, no where close to Parsons but as a potential 2nd round pick could be a steal.  

Either way they could be screwed because they spent a ton of money in free agency something they normally never do now have a ton of top line players on the team they need to sign this year also.  If say they do not get JC Jackson back that defense will completely change.  Same if Meyers is not brought back, his production was crazy impressive for a dude that got paid only $1.7 mil over three years.  Not sure where they go though because clearly doing the power run game this past year only got them so far and was not nearly as effective without Tom Brady at the QB spot.  Still solid season for Mac Jones so there is some upside there, still they spent as much as anyone in the NFL last off season and not sure that happens again.

Your Draft
15. Philadelphia Eagles via (Miami Dolphins) - Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB  xxx
16. Philadelphia Eagles via (Indianapolis Colts) - Treylon Burks Arkansas JR WR
19. Philadelphia Eagles - George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE.....
51. Philadelphia Eagles - Coby Bryant Cincinnati RS SR CB
83. Philadelphia Eagles - Jelani Woods Virginia RS JR TE
120. Philadelphia Eagles - Tyreke Smith Ohio State SR DE.....
152. Philadelphia Eagles via (Washington) - Quentin Lake UCLA SR S
160. Philadelphia Eagles - Mika Tafua Utah RS JR DE.....
164. Philadelphia Eagles via (Arizona Cardinals) - Hayden Henry Arkansas RS SR LB xxx
193. Philadelphia Eagles via (Indianapolis) - Blaise Andries Minnesota RS SR OG
206. Philadelphia Eagles via (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Chandler Wooten Auburn RS SR OLB xxx

So, you have the Eagles taking three DE's (.....) and three LB's (xxx).
It makes little sense.
I did a little redraft for them based on your values.
Some of the values may be a little off.
I marked them with asterisks for you, including missing draftees.

My Draft
15 - George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE*
16 - Devin Lloyd Utah RS JR LB
19 - Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB  
51 - Jaquan Brisker Penn State RS SR S*
83 - Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M JR RB*
120 - Matt Araiza SDSU RS JR P
152 - Kevin Austin Jr Notre Dame SR WR
160 - Cade Otton Washington RS SR TE
164 - Isaiah Pola-Mao USC RS SR S*
206 - Jalen Pitre Baylor DB*
      - Devontae Wyatt Georgia DT*
      - Max Mitchell Louisiana OT

41 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Your Draft
164. Philadelphia Eagles via (Arizona Cardinals) - Hayden Henry Arkansas RS SR LB xxx
206. Philadelphia Eagles via (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Chandler Wooten Auburn RS SR OLB xxx

It makes little sense.

My Draft

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles take 3 DE's, although 2 is more realistic. I'd be shocked if one of those first 5 picks is not an offensive lineman.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles take 3 DE's, although 2 is more realistic. I'd be shocked if one of those first 5 picks is not an offensive lineman.

True maybe 3 DEs is a bit much but Barnett and Kerrigan are free agents and Graham seems to be constantly hurt.  Maybe another safety makes more sense.  and TJ Edwards played well for them but I believe they want to upgrade that spot and do so with Dean and put him back into the backup role.  Singleton is a free agent also not sure they bring him back even though he is a good player might not be able to afford it.  

CB and S are big needs also.

OL could be a need but mostly if Kelce is not brought back, Herbig should be brought back as well if not then yeah they have openings.

But it is not a bad group even if one takes Kelce out but sure another center could work, is a big loss that Brooks retired but honestly what team has three tackles who are that good?  Very few in the NFL and Dillard would not be surprised if they trade him because a lot of teams would want him or need him potentially.  

LT Jordan Mailata / Dillard
G Landon Dickerson / Isaac Seumalo
C Brett Toth
G Jack Driscoll / Jack Anderson / Sua Opeta
RT Lane Johnson 

2 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Your Draft

It makes little sense.

My Draft

Wyatt I do not have in there because honestly I never really noticed him much outside of the national championship game.  Saw some have him as a 1st rounder, not sure I buy that at all but who knows.  Will see how he looks in the senior bowl, and Max Mitchell I have not got a chance to really watch closely, I will have to try to catch him at the senior bowl as well.  

Outside of DeVonta Smith that WR core sucks, but could always get a receiver later on and maybe going corner 1st round makes sense because they will go fast and will be gone quickly.  Maybe another TE makes sense but they have Stoll and Tyree Jackson who have potential.  Burks could do some damange and provide some much needed size to the position for them and strength.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True maybe 3 DEs is a bit much but Barnett and Kerrigan are free agents and Graham seems to be constantly hurt.  Maybe another safety makes more sense.  and TJ Edwards played well for them but I believe they want to upgrade that spot and do so with Dean and put him back into the backup role.  Singleton is a free agent also not sure they bring him back even though he is a good player might not be able to afford it.  

CB and S are big needs also.

OL could be a need but mostly if Kelce is not brought back, Herbig should be brought back as well if not then yeah they have openings.

But it is not a bad group even if one takes Kelce out but sure another center could work, is a big loss that Brooks retired but honestly what team has three tackles who are that good?  Very few in the NFL and Dillard would not be surprised if they trade him because a lot of teams would want him or need him potentially.  

LT Jordan Mailata / Dillard
G Landon Dickerson / Isaac Seumalo
C Brett Toth
G Jack Driscoll / Jack Anderson / Sua Opeta
RT Lane Johnson 

Wyatt I do not have in there because honestly I never really noticed him much outside of the national championship game.  Saw some have him as a 1st rounder, not sure I buy that at all but who knows.  Will see how he looks in the senior bowl, and Max Mitchell I have not got a chance to really watch closely, I will have to try to catch him at the senior bowl as well.  

Outside of DeVonta Smith that WR core sucks, but could always get a receiver later on and maybe going corner 1st round makes sense because they will go fast and will be gone quickly.  Maybe another TE makes sense but they have Stoll and Tyree Jackson who have potential.  Burks could do some damange and provide some much needed size to the position for them and strength.  

Graham is not always hurt. He was hurt this year. But regardless, he is old. 2 DE’s for sure 3DE’s might be overkill but not impossible.

The Eagles will not spend that little draft capital on o-line and that much on LB. It’s just not what they do. They will invest a high pick on the o-line no matter what Kelce does. They want to build an elite o-line. They don’t care enough about LB to draft 3. I’d love Dean though

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Graham is not always hurt. He was hurt this year. But regardless, he is old. 2 DE’s for sure 3DE’s might be overkill but not impossible.

The Eagles will not spend that little draft capital on o-line and that much on LB. It’s just not what they do. They will invest a high pick on the o-line no matter what Kelce does. They want to build an elite o-line. They don’t care enough about LB to draft 3. I’d love Dean though

2021 obviously got Dickerson 2nd round.  2020 they did not draft a OL till the 4th in Driscoll then Prince Tega Wanogho in the 6th, in 2018 did not draft a OL till the 6th with Pryor and 7th in Mailata and Mailata turns into a great player and a starter.  2017 did not draft a OL, 2016 did not draft a OL till the 3rd with Seumalo and then again in the 4th with Vaitai and 2015 did not draft a OL and 2014 did not draft a OL.  

So that is not that many OL drafted highly, outside of 2021 with Dickerson in the 2nd and 2019 where they got Dillard in the 1st.  That was a total of 8 years and only two guys drafted either the 1st or 2nd round on the OL.  That is only 8 OL in 8 years, to me that is not much at all being drafted by them recently.  

They are lucky to have a great OL coach that seems to be able to make any OL into a solid productive player and sometimes a flat out super star.  Unless Kelce and Herbig are out and not signed that OL is pretty damn solid and might not need much help honestly with all they have coming back, sure that could change but it is already a solid group.  

But sure they do not value LBs but cannot rely on Singleton and Edwards always, cannot just find UDFA guys to get a combined 260+ tackles a season at LB, I assume they pay those dudes but who knows, Singleton for sure should get paid, Edwards who knows when Dean could be out there who is far better along with a few other ILBs in this draft.  

Pretty bad Steelers draft.    

The Steelers have needs pretty much everywhere....so I get the logic behind some of the picks....but you cant put a rookie QB behind a line like that.  Our offense cant even function with a line this bad, and you have us pretty much completely ignoring OLine, which I can assure you, wont happen.

Pickett isnt terrible, but he isnt a 1st round caliber player either.   Someone will overraft him....better not be us.    If Charles Cross falls and we pass...heads should roll.

The Chiefs get a compensatory 3rd round pick for the Giants hiring Ryan Poles as GM. I think it will be #102.

If GM Veach is to be believed, the #1 priority is going to be DL. Given whaat they did with the OL in 2021, expect a big FA signing and possibly multiple picks. On the outgoing side, Jarren Reed is already saying goodbyes and Frank Clark is likely done in KC. He and the team may reach a severance agreement of some kind. The team may try to re-sign Melvin Ingram.

Tyrann Mathieu is playing hard to get and he represents a lot of cap. If he goes, expect a high pick for a safety. They team has very little invested in CB partly because the S are so good in coverage.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs get a compensatory 3rd round pick for the Giants hiring Ryan Poles as GM. I think it will be #102.

If GM Veach is to be believed, the #1 priority is going to be DL. Given whaat they did with the OL in 2021, expect a big FA signing and possibly multiple picks. On the outgoing side, Jarren Reed is already saying goodbyes and Frank Clark is likely done in KC. He and the team may reach a severance agreement of some kind. The team may try to re-sign Melvin Ingram.

Tyrann Mathieu is playing hard to get and he represents a lot of cap. If he goes, expect a high pick for a safety. They team has very little invested in CB partly because the S are so good in coverage.

J

****!  haha, yeah when I looked on the draft order that was not included a week ago, now I will have to change all the numbers on the entire thing but thanks for the heads up sir!

Will the Chiefs resign Orlando Brown Jr?  I assume they do not have the money to do so and if not for sure will go after a OT in the draft maybe even 1st round but with the success of their rookies on the OL clearly they know what they are doing there.

What in the hell will they do though I have no clue

Tyrann Mathieu
Orlando Brown Jr
Jarran Reed
Melvin Ingram
Charvarius Ward
Mike Remmers
Mike Hughes
Daniel Sorensen
Derrick Nnadi
Byron Pringle
Andrew Wylie
Jerick McKinnon

All those dudes are free agents and only have around $5 mil in cap space.  They really needed to win now this year, I cannot imagine how they could keep all of these guys for next year.  And losing Mathieu or Brown Jr would be absolutely huge.  

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Pretty bad Steelers draft.    

The Steelers have needs pretty much everywhere....so I get the logic behind some of the picks....but you cant put a rookie QB behind a line like that.  Our offense cant even function with a line this bad, and you have us pretty much completely ignoring OLine, which I can assure you, wont happen.

Pickett isnt terrible, but he isnt a 1st round caliber player either.   Someone will overraft him....better not be us.    If Charles Cross falls and we pass...heads should roll.

True Cross to them makes sense but Cross also played in a pass happy offense where he was not asked to really run block much or hold his block in the passing game for very long at all.  Note Andre Dillard on Washington State, that might be the case with Cross but will see how he works out.  Not sure he fits the style of that offense with a potential power run game, now with Linderbaum that might be the way they go if they are not sold on a QB.  He is tough and physical and could make Green the OG which is probably his better position anyway.  

Marcus Jones I think would be a great fit and would help in the return game and they need a good slot corner but also really need a good outside corner as well.

Not sure what they do with QB though, what they are comfortable with Haskins or Rudolph as the guy?

That interior DL is crap also with their awful run D last year, but maybe that was just injuries they had, I think Logan Hall could be a great fit and is super physical on the inside.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

****!  haha, yeah when I looked on the draft order that was not included a week ago, now I will have to change all the numbers on the entire thing but thanks for the heads up sir!

Will the Chiefs resign Orlando Brown Jr?  I assume they do not have the money to do so and if not for sure will go after a OT in the draft maybe even 1st round but with the success of their rookies on the OL clearly they know what they are doing there.

What in the hell will they do though I have no clue

Tyrann Mathieu
Orlando Brown Jr
Jarran Reed
Melvin Ingram
Charvarius Ward
Mike Remmers
Mike Hughes
Daniel Sorensen
Derrick Nnadi
Byron Pringle
Andrew Wylie
Jerick McKinnon

All those dudes are free agents and only have around $5 mil in cap space.  They really needed to win now this year, I cannot imagine how they could keep all of these guys for next year.  And losing Mathieu or Brown Jr would be absolutely huge.  

Re-signing OB Jr is a stated priority. Both sides want to get it done, so... Ingram is 32, going to be 33. That's a possibility. 

Ward, Nnadi, Pringle, Wylie are all cheap or cheapish. Reed already has one foot out the door. Remmers for veteran minimum if at all. Sorensen, no. McKinnon is fungible. The Chiefs seem to find useful RB at the Piggly Wiggly. Hughes is interesting. Some people cannot stand him. Others think he's pretty good. I'm not sure where the team sits but he ws clearly the 4th CB.

Cap space is more like $15 MM and there is a lot more available by letting Clark and Anthony Hitchens go. There may be enough to re-sign Mathieu.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

Edited by onejayhawk

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Cap space is more like $15 MM and there is a lot more available by letting Clark and Anthony Hitchens go. There may be enough to re-sign Mathieu.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

Spotrac shows ~5mil. Glancing between the two, it appears that Spotrac is the most current. OTC appears to be missing the recent 13 signings, Winchester, and maybe something else. Granted, Winchester's dollar amount is missing from Spotrac, so the cap space should be even lower.

Hate the Jets 1st round and love the rest of the draft.  The Jets need talent, but they need healthy talent too.  I don't want to draft two high players who have been injured.  I also think pass rush is way more of a need than CB, but I'm fully expecting the Jets to draft Stingley so I can't knock you, just my preference.

Would love Ojabo/Ikem and then Burks instead of Williams.