7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

34 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not impossible and Im not against it, but Moore showed enough that I think they will go another direction.   If we drafted an LT prospect, I wouldn't complain....but I dont see it.

Your logic in on point, but they apparently like Willis.    I dont want him....but its very possible.

You know we signed Myles Jack, right?

Him and Bush will start with Spillane and maybe Buddy Johnson at backup.   That works for me for 2022.

Green was horrid last year.   Not big on the Cole signing, but he has a far better shot at winning center than Green.    Daniels will likely start at RG, which will leave Green, Dotson and maybe Leglue competing for LG.

Our OL wont be amazing, but even if we dont draft anyone, it should definitely be better than last year.

I guess that is right, Myles Jack does take his place and could be an improvement, still think Clark would be great there but sure maybe that is a pass.  Still think Bush has kind of disappointed for them at that ILB spot and needs to play up to his potential.

Was Green that bad?  I still say he was playing out of position at center last year and is a guard but not sure that helps with the signings they have made.  I still think that LT has to be addressed and Leglue should not be a starter at all in the NFL.

WR I guess makes sense or corner in that 2nd, Metchie could be there and I forgot JuJu is gone.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I guess that is right, Myles Jack does take his place and could be an improvement, still think Clark would be great there but sure maybe that is a pass.  Still think Bush has kind of disappointed for them at that ILB spot and needs to play up to his potential.

We have numerous needs.   You just need to prioritize which need filled the most, and with the Jack signing, I doubt ILB is an early pick.

Bush has been disappointing, but he was okay next to Vince Williams, plus was a former top 10 pick.   Steelers gonna give him every chance.     If we do draft ILB early, it would flat out say they've given up on him.

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Was Green that bad?  I still say he was playing out of position at center last year and is a guard but not sure that helps with the signings they have made.  I still think that LT has to be addressed and Leglue should not be a starter at all in the NFL.

Green was a bottom 5 center. He will have a chance to compete for guard.

Leglue isnt going to start.   But he was an okay backup.

No offense, but Im not sure why you are willing to give Green a pass but not Moore.   Moore was a developmental 4th rd rookie and forced to be start immediately with a very inexperienced OLine.    Despite his struggles, he showed more promise than Green did.

Again, not against LT early, but I trust Moore to develop more than Green.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Not gonna lie, I’d absolutely hate that updated draft for the Bengals. 

Yeah Kendrick I need to change and have him drop after that 40 time, dude is still a good player but was kind of shocked by that 40, curious if he was hurt or what.  Might move Jack Jones up to that spot.  And I suppose after they addressed OG in free agency with Alex Kappa and center Karras, might have them go OT all the way.  

Nicholas Petit-Frere makes sense, is raw but is super talented.  I would take him over Kinnard who is possibly more a OG.  

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Kendrick I need to change and have him drop after that 40 time, dude is still a good player but was kind of shocked by that 40, curious if he was hurt or what.  Might move Jack Jones up to that spot.  And I suppose after they addressed OG in free agency with Alex Kappa and center Karras, might have them go OT all the way.  

Nicholas Petit-Frere makes sense, is raw but is super talented.  I would take him over Kinnard who is possibly more a OG.  

Word is they are about to sign La’el Collins today. So really the only spot on the OL is LG for someone to compete with Jackson Carman. To me the needs now are:

-CB x 2, 3T, WR, S, DE, TE

5 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Word is they are about to sign La’el Collins today. So really the only spot on the OL is LG for someone to compete with Jackson Carman. To me the needs now are:

-CB x 2, 3T, WR, S, DE, TE

If that happens yes things will change again, and I agree CB is a big need especially since they lost Phillips and Flowers.  Jalen Davis I think has potential but is he a free agent also?  

PS La'el Collins is more a OG honestly and Dallas is getting rid of him because he is a bad RT, not sure why Bengals thing he is a great one.  Better RTs are out there I think especially for a team with money like they have.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

If that happens yes things will change again, and I agree CB is a big need especially since they lost Phillips and Flowers.  Jalen Davis I think has potential but is he a free agent also?  

PS La'el Collins is more a OG honestly and Dallas is getting rid of him because he is a bad RT, not sure why Bengals thing he is a great one.  Better RTs are out there I think especially for a team with money like they have.  

Well he’s gonna be at RT if they do bring him in. Jalen Davis was brought back but he’s more of a backup slot corner. So we need two outside zone corners 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Well he’s gonna be at RT if they do bring him in. Jalen Davis was brought back but he’s more of a backup slot corner. So we need two outside zone corners 

How they get rid of Waynes, I saw he was going to be the 9th highest paid CB in the league next year.  

32 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

They are gonna cut him any day now I’m assuming. They save like 11 million 

In terms of the RT free agent market, Morgan Moses would have been a better pickup at RT over Collins.  Bulaga is a free agent but not sure he is healthy at all.  Remmers is a free agent but he is kind of up an down so I guess it is not a great FA RT market looking at it.  Maybe Bobby Massie possibly but he is just so so.  

2. Detroit Lions - Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE- Love this pick. I hope Jacksonville does take OL. A+

32. Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Malik Willis Liberty RS SR QB- Not crazy about this pick, but *IF* the lions were to grab a QB in this draft, I have a feeling it would be this QB and at this pick. C

34. Detroit Lions - Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB - I don't like this pick at all. Detroit has 4 young CBs to develop and there is better talent here for them, including any of the WR. D-

66. Detroit Lions - Logan Hall Houston RS JR DT- I don't mind this pick. Campbell said the Lions will play for 4-3 fronts, and Onwuzurike has not broken out yet. Lions will need some guys inside. B+

97. Detroit Lions - Alec Lindstrom Boston College RS SR OG/C- I don't mind addressing OL, but I feel like this is a wasted pick. I don't like the value here. Detroit has a good OL. Either add a dominant piece early or add depth later. But using a day two pick on a guy when there are better options available is not ideal IMO. D

177. Detroit Lions - Kennedy Brooks Oklahoma RS SR RB- RB is one of the few areas Detroit does not need help. I would truly dislike grabbing a RB here with other players/positions available. D

181. Detroit Lions - Tre Turner Virginia Tech SR WR- I like this pick. Hate the Lions waited until round 6 to grab a WR, but Turner would make a nice day 3 WR addition. A

218. Detroit Lions - Owen Carney Jr Illinois SR DE- Don't mind this pick. I'm all for building up the trenches and this is good value. B+

235. Detroit Lions via (Cleveland Browns) - Joey Blount Virginia RS SR S- Safety is honestly the Lions biggest need IMO. And not addressing it until the 7th rd when they have 5 top 100 picks is atrocious. Joey Blount isn't bad value in the 7th, but I pray the Lions don't ignore this like your mock did. As for the player B-

Overall, I would be highly disappointed with this draft, even after landing Hutch at #2. Lions biggest needs are at LB/S/WR and despite having prime draft capital and lots of quality options at those positions, 2 of the 3 were not addressed until day 3 and LB was not addressed at all. Instead, focus was on OL and RB where the Lions are actually pretty deep. The only thing that makes this draft tolerable at all is Hutch, who I believe will go #1. 

51 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

2. Detroit Lions - Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE- Love this pick. I hope Jacksonville does take OL. A+

32. Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Malik Willis Liberty RS SR QB- Not crazy about this pick, but *IF* the lions were to grab a QB in this draft, I have a feeling it would be this QB and at this pick. C

34. Detroit Lions - Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB - I don't like this pick at all. Detroit has 4 young CBs to develop and there is better talent here for them, including any of the WR. D-

66. Detroit Lions - Logan Hall Houston RS JR DT- I don't mind this pick. Campbell said the Lions will play for 4-3 fronts, and Onwuzurike has not broken out yet. Lions will need some guys inside. B+

97. Detroit Lions - Alec Lindstrom Boston College RS SR OG/C- I don't mind addressing OL, but I feel like this is a wasted pick. I don't like the value here. Detroit has a good OL. Either add a dominant piece early or add depth later. But using a day two pick on a guy when there are better options available is not ideal IMO. D

177. Detroit Lions - Kennedy Brooks Oklahoma RS SR RB- RB is one of the few areas Detroit does not need help. I would truly dislike grabbing a RB here with other players/positions available. D

181. Detroit Lions - Tre Turner Virginia Tech SR WR- I like this pick. Hate the Lions waited until round 6 to grab a WR, but Turner would make a nice day 3 WR addition. A

218. Detroit Lions - Owen Carney Jr Illinois SR DE- Don't mind this pick. I'm all for building up the trenches and this is good value. B+

235. Detroit Lions via (Cleveland Browns) - Joey Blount Virginia RS SR S- Safety is honestly the Lions biggest need IMO. And not addressing it until the 7th rd when they have 5 top 100 picks is atrocious. Joey Blount isn't bad value in the 7th, but I pray the Lions don't ignore this like your mock did. As for the player B-

Overall, I would be highly disappointed with this draft, even after landing Hutch at #2. Lions biggest needs are at LB/S/WR and despite having prime draft capital and lots of quality options at those positions, 2 of the 3 were not addressed until day 3 and LB was not addressed at all. Instead, focus was on OL and RB where the Lions are actually pretty deep. The only thing that makes this draft tolerable at all is Hutch, who I believe will go #1. 

Good points I will have to look at that again.   Your right about WR that is waiting a little long for one.  In terms of LB don't they really like Barnes?  And both Okwara's are decent and so is Charles Harris who had a comeback year, maybe a ILB late sure could be an option.  Also I thought Walker was a pretty decent safety but yeah I guess they could use a safety more than corner, maybe move Melifonwu to S. .  

They are not in that bad of a situation so honestly they could go a number of ways.  The OL has decent youth and depth, another QB is a must and the likes of Pickett is kind of like what they have so maybe they want to go another way, develop him over time and he could be a future starter but most likely Willis will be gone before that late 1st round selection.    But sure RB I guess is not a huge need maybe another TE could work.  In terms of Hall not sure one can have too many good DL and they are a multiple 3/4 front and at times it looks more like a 4/3 honestly.  

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not a big thing but they released him because of salary cap, not because he’s a bad right tackle, same reason they traded Cooper. He’s a great run blocker and an average pass blocker, which the latter would still be a significant upgrade over Prince for the Bengals.

26 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

Not a big thing but they released him because of salary cap, not because he’s a bad right tackle, same reason they traded Cooper. He’s a great run blocker and an average pass blocker, which the latter would still be a significant upgrade over Prince for the Bengals.

Maybe but he struggled the few times I saw him last year and honestly is playing out of position at RT he is more of a OG. I have them getting Nicholas Petit-Frere instead now 1st round based on the interior help they got in free agency.  Sure Collins would be ok but with how easily players are traded now a days, since there are not a ton of free agents if they want experience might be better trading for a RT.  

On 11/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Ozzy said:

22.   Green Bay Packers via (Las Vegas Raiders) - Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR

I really like Jameson Williams, and think he's a natural fit but I'm not sure the Packers would use their FRP on a guy who probably misses a chunk of the year.  Maybe with their other pick?  I think George Karlaftis [EDGE; Purdue] would be pretty hard to pass on here.  He fits the mold the Packers like out of their EDGE guys.

28.   Green Bay Packers - Roger McCreary Auburn SR CB

If Jameson Williams isn't available, Treylon Burks [WR; Arkansas] would almost certainly be the pick here.  Maybe could even go Kenyon Green [OL; Texas A&M] here depending on where they view Elgton Jenkins long-term.If they didn't grab Burks earlier, this would make sense.  But I think Burks would too hard to pass up on.

53.   Green Bay Packers via (Las Vegas Raiders) - DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR DT/DE

Solid enough pick here.  Could also go with Perrion Winfrey [DL; Oklahoma] here as well.

59.   Green Bay Packers - John Metchie III Alabama JR WR  

If the Packers hadn't taken Burks earlier, this would make sense.  Don't hate the pick by any means.