Elden Ring

showtime

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I would have had zero shot against some of these bosses without my trusty mimic tear. Malenia? Jesus Christ. Props to those who have the roll timing down to the point they don't even need summons. I will never be that guy lol. I need +10 weapons and Mimic tears, and OP moonveil builds.

I haven't resorted to using any summons yet outside of Radahn. I'm definitely curious if the later bosses are going to be so hard that I have to though. The spirit ashes seem like such a core mechanic that it feels like you're "supposed" to use them.

4 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I haven't resorted to using any summons yet outside of Radahn. I'm definitely curious if the later bosses are going to be so hard that I have to though. The spirit ashes seem like such a core mechanic that it feels like you're "supposed" to use them.

Radahn was the first time I used a summon too. Just you wait.

I love this game but I really suck at the close quarters combat. I always panic and dive to early and even the easy enemies kill me at times. I've got my dual wield katana's recently so I've been doing a bit better. But it's always a struggle with any type of high level enemy. Anyone else struggling like me?

16 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm only level 35 with 16 hours played.  I feel like that's low so I just started rune farming at Dragonsbarrow but that gets boring.  I want to get my Greatsword +6 before I hit Stormveil Castle this weekend.

That's funny that's where I farm runes as well. Killing those little militia villains. Sometimes they one hit kill me but usually I can take them out quick while on the horse.

5 hours ago, Jetzger said:

Anyone else have as much trouble with that stupid Death Rite Bird in the Mountaintops of the Giants as I did?  Thing stole my lunch money the first couple of attempts. 

Any bird enemy in this game can go screw themselves but I have done decently well against these guys. Moves are not that fast and they all have pretty obvious tells. 

3 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I love this game but I really suck at the close quarters combat. I always panic and dive to early and even the easy enemies kill me at times. I've got my dual wield katana's recently so I've been doing a bit better. But it's always a struggle with any type of high level enemy. Anyone else struggling like me?

The main thing to always keep in mind is this game is not a hack n slash. Always keep your button presses under control even if it means you miss giving a hit ever so often. Don't dodge spam and it starts to feel so great when you pull off well timed dodges and hits.

6 hours ago, Jetzger said:

Anyone else have as much trouble with that stupid Death Rite Bird in the Mountaintops of the Giants as I did?  Thing stole my lunch money the first couple of attempts. 

Hah yes. I just went through there last night. I was fighting it on Torrent and doing good damage and it was pretty easy... except for the massive AoE attack it has. Torrent would get stuck in it, die, and then my guy would die from being caught in it too. Happened a few times before I managed to avoid it for a whole fight.

3 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Hah yes. I just went through there last night. I was fighting it on Torrent and doing good damage and it was pretty easy... except for the massive AoE attack it has. Torrent would get stuck in it, die, and then my guy would die from being caught in it too. Happened a few times before I managed to avoid it for a whole fight.

What's your guy's strategy for attacking flying enemies when your character is hand to hand combat? It sucks having to wait for them to come near the ground to do damage.

2 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

What's your guy's strategy for attacking flying enemies when your character is hand to hand combat? It sucks having to wait for them to come near the ground to do damage.

I'm fully melee. I tend to try a few things:

1. Run by them on Torrent and slash them on the way past
  2. I used a shield and haldberd, so I can often get the guard counter to hit them because the counter strike is an overhead swing
  3. Jumping attack if they're being particularly annoying

But yeah, you often just need to be patient and wait for them to give you an opening. Often dodging their swoops and trying to hit them from behind afterwards.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Finally beat Margit, had to level up my Wolves to +2.  I still have instances where I take a ton of damage and then all of a sudden get hit 3x in a row without being able to do anything and I'm dead.  Or I dodge and still get hit.  Having trouble understanding timing.

Margit's timing is really, really hard to get down I found. Also had attacks that reach just a bit farther than I was expecting. The next few bosses I faced were all easier.

I'm level 115 and I had basically run out of stats to level up. Have 50 faith (though I'm using a talisman to get 5 of that), 46 vigor, 30 endurance. I really only have the faith for holy damage scaling. I cast a cure spell occasionally but that's it. Seemed like I was just going to have to dump everything into endurance from here on out.

Ah, but then I found the Winged Scythe. Aside from looking awesome, it scales with both Faith and Dexterity. I had tons of somber smithing stones, given that I'd never used any, so I upgraded it to +9 and now it does about the same damage as my current weapon, the Sacred Halberd +22. when I get the halbered to +25 it'll probably do a bit more damage as is, but if I level up dexterity in the meantime I think the scythe will win. Plus, it even does bleed damage.

Finally found a good sacred/faith weapon. Going through my inventory it seemed like everything that looked good scaled with intelligence instead.