Elden Ring

showtime

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I'm level 26. About 7 hours in. Haven't defeated a single story boss yet. Just been roaming around. Defeated Tree Sentinel, Demi-Human Queen, some double hammers dude, and a guy in a wolf-infested cave. First time being a magic-based character and not having heavy armor in a Souls game so I'm having to get used that style.

I still haven't found the spirit summoning bell. I read how to get it but it isn't working for me.

The summon bell only works in designated areas. Whoops, misread that.  I forgot where i got the bell. 

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The summon bell only works in designated areas. Whoops, misread that.  I forgot where i got the bell. 

You get it from

Spoiler

the Witch who shows up at the starting church (Santa Claus cosplay vendor) if you rest there a couple of times.

13 minutes ago, animaltested said:

You get it from

Reveal hidden contents

the Witch who shows up at the starting church (Santa Claus cosplay vendor) if you rest there a couple of times.

Spoiler

It has to be night time, you have to have found a few sites of grace in the overworld, and you need to have talked to Melina for the first time. Then Renna will show up where animaltested said she would.

I can't be bothered paying for PS Plus since I don't really play multiplayer games, so I'm trying to do a solo, no summoning anything run. Just beat Godrick.

What weapons are you all using? I like to have two ready in case a boss is resistant to my main, so I've got my main as a sacred halberd +5, and I found a spear +7 that I've turned into a magic spear +7. Now that I just noticed that you can swap ashes of war in and out, I'm sure I'll change over time. But for now that combination is working well. I love halberds.

Level 61 on my dual scythe faith build. Had to switch my build from my arcane-blood build as it was just too OP and boring. Bleed and Occult scaling is extremely damage dealing but most of the best spells and items are not till mid to end game so its pretty boring to run until you can get some of the better skills like Seppuku, Swarm of Flies, and mask of confidence. 

Anyone who wants to run a pretty great faith build that doesn't force a whole bunch of points in STR and DEX but still allows for carrying some great weapons let me know. 

Just now, Jetzger said:

Currently trying to beat Radahn without using spirits or any of the summons in the arena.  I'll let y'all guess how that's going haha. 

Only boss I have no interest in fighting solo. Seems like his whole schtick is based on attacking him with an army of people. I cheesed him hard by using dragon rot and just summoning guy after guy to keep aggro off of me. Tried fighting him straight up a few times and got slaughtered and I have solo beat every FromSoft game since Demon Souls so i'm pretty damn good. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Only boss I have no interest in fighting solo. Seems like his whole schtick is based on attacking him with an army of people. I cheesed him hard by using dragon rot and just summoning guy after guy to keep aggro off of me. Tried fighting him straight up a few times and got slaughtered and I have solo beat every FromSoft game since Demon Souls so i'm pretty damn good. 

Yeah I'm gonna give it some more attempts when I get home this evening, but if I don't make anymore progress I'll just do the intended summons method.  He just has so much health that I'm always running out of flasks because my damage output isn't up to par.  It's like I could progress more through Altus Plateau to upgrade my weapon more but it might just be a case where to do decent damage against him will be making me too overpowered for other bosses that aren't intended to be fought with an army.  

44 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

Yeah I'm gonna give it some more attempts when I get home this evening, but if I don't make anymore progress I'll just do the intended summons method.  He just has so much health that I'm always running out of flasks because my damage output isn't up to par.  It's like I could progress more through Altus Plateau to upgrade my weapon more but it might just be a case where to do decent damage against him will be making me too overpowered for other bosses that aren't intended to be fought with an army.  

Did you fight Rennala first? 

A fun little side-effect of the game being open world, and that you can explore and do many things in different orders is that I just had the most relaxed boss fight of my whole life.

I came up against a Crystalian at the end of a crystal cave. Only, I'd already had a real fight against two of them at once. Cakewalk.

Also, killing Preceptor Miriam was so damn satisfying. I managed it on my second attempt, but both were slow and filled with frustration. Felt so good to end her reign of terror.