Week 11 Prospect Talk

rackcs

21 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He's the main reason FSU beat BC yesterday. And yeah, solidified himself as DE3 for me.

Ahead of Karlaftis, I'm assuming? That's too far for me. Granted I haven't watched as much Johnson but Karlaftis imo is EDGE2 behind Thibodeaux with Hutchinson close behind him.

4 hours ago, rackcs said:

Ahead of Karlaftis, I'm assuming? That's too far for me. Granted I haven't watched as much Johnson but Karlaftis imo is EDGE2 behind Thibodeaux with Hutchinson close behind him.

Johnson is a complete stud. If he played at a stronger program...I honestly think that people would be talking about him as a top 5 pick right now. He has every trait that you'd want. Thibodeaux is the only guy I'm confident should be higher at DE. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Jermaine Johnson is going to be a top-15 pick and couldn't get playing time at Georgia. That is absolutely insane.

the way I understand it, that's not necessarily true. He was supposed to play but only rotate with their top 2 OLBs. Probably a good move for Johnson though because he is not an OLB anyway. The funny thing is just that he might get drafted ahead of those top 2 OLBs now.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Johnson is an older prospect as well. Something to keep in mind. 

turns 23 in Jan. Still, I'll take him in the mid/late 1st (assuming he's not a moron or a nut in interviews). He's going to test well (He's already measured well)

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

turns 23 in Jan. Still, I'll take him in the mid/late 1st (assuming he's not a moron or a nut in interviews). He's going to test well (He's already measured well)

Age is more relative with pass rushers. At least in my opinion from seeing guys go early. Most are Junior entries. Ansah was the oldest top 5 edge rusher I can remember as of recent.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Scoundrel said:

So Braelon Allen is the next Jonathan Taylor. Got it.

Allen is as special as special gets, man. He's 17 years old and has Derrick Henry's build with JT's vision. Hopefully NFL teams don't make the same mistake they did with JT and dock him for the non-receiving threat in our elementary passing game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Allen is as special as special gets, man. He's 17 years old and has Derrick Henry's build with JT's vision. Hopefully NFL teams don't make the same mistake they did with JT and dock him for the non-receiving threat in our elementary passing game. 

Yeah he’s fun to watch

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Hope he comes out in 3 years so he doesn't get the extra millege

Most likely will. We don't really keep guys from going pro when they are ready. He'll also only be 20 years old for almost his entire rookie season (doesn't turn 18 until January).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DR43 said:

I saw a mock that had Pitt's QB Kenny Pickett as the first overall pick.

Does he belong anywhere near that high in the draft?  Does he even belong in the first round?

In my opinion, no. He's a decent QB prospect but I think he's got limited upside to be a top QB in the league and he's already a bit older. I could see him late round 1 maybe based on the tape. And I think if the rumors are true about his hand size, it's going to hurt his stock quite a bit. They're reportedly only 8 1/4" whereas most QBs are 9" or above. It seems silly but it's something that teams will ding him for. Then again maybe I'm reading too much in early rumors about hand size. Either way he's nowhere close to being worth the first overall pick.

14 hours ago, DR43 said:

I saw a mock that had Pitt's QB Kenny Pickett as the first overall pick.

Does he belong anywhere near that high in the draft?  Does he even belong in the first round?

I think he's an Andy Dalton-ish kind of QB but not as durable. Good pocket mobility and can scramble out for yards. Decent accuracy, decent arm, decent processor. But he can look really bad now and again where he's completely overwhelmed. He's also always taking punishment and getting nicked up or seemingly concussed.