The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Made even worse by the fact that in practically every case there was either a better player at a different position of need or a better player at the same freaking position available. 

Which was all ultimately a byproduct of the fact that we came into every draft with glaring holes at key positions. Like the year we reached on Arnette is the same off-season that we offered Byron Jones a huge contract but Miami offered more guaranteed so we signed Littleton and needed a CB.

I still think there is a lot of good/developing talent on the roster. You need to cut the underperforming players and add a few key talents.

OT, WR, and LB are big needs IMO. SS may be as well. Abram was playing well early in the year, but he's either a LB or I don't want him on the team next year.

We have a lot of $ next year. We need to use it well. And potentially trade a draft pick for Cox. I'd give up a 2nd and a player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still think there is a lot of good/developing talent on the roster. You need to cut the underperforming players and add a few key talents.

OT, WR, and LB are big needs IMO. SS may be as well. Abram was playing well early in the year, but he's either a LB or I don't want him on the team next year.

We have a lot of $ next year. We need to use it well. And potentially trade a draft pick for Cox. I'd give up a 2nd and a player.

DT is a huge need as well. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s a huge need. We just want that difference maker because it’ll make a huge difference.

We're 27th against the run and our DT's have a combined 7 sacks through 9 games. And almost all of them are free agents after this season.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're 27th against the run and our DT's have a combined 7 sacks through 9 games. And almost all of them are free agents after this season.

How does this rank league wide? Just curious.

We will sign/resign/draft a DT for sure. Mayock almost traded for Cox. I think we pull the trigger in the offseason.

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We will sign/resign/draft a DT for sure. Mayock almost traded for Cox. I think we pull the trigger in the offseason.

I think the issue (for me) is that Jefferson / Thomas / Philon are all the same kind of guy. It is a huge need in that we need sign some of them back but we need that Quinnen Williams type who is a force against the run and the pass.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We've been in the bottom 5 in run defense in each of the last two seasons. Guys have flashed but we don't have a consistent interior pass rush or anyone that's a run stuffer. 

I wouldn't mind Coxx but he's older know and IIRC his contract is huge.