Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

That’s why the first round bye is obviously huge for multiple reasons.

-The most beat up team getting 2 bye weeks in a little over a month span.

-Another extra week for the King to get healthy before potentially joining us for our playoff run

-Homefield advantage 

-Less games needed to play and win to get to the Big Dance 

Don’t want to overlook this game against the Texans, but it goes without saying that a win over New England would be big for our 1 seed goals.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The most important reason that we need the bye is that I’m in Florida on the first day of Wild Card weekend and if I have to watch a Titans playoff game in public, it’s going to be a disaster for everyone involved.

Lmao same on the watching in public. I go out frequently for the regular season games, but they don’t want me anywhere near their establishment when it’s playoff time. 😂

This narrative that we aren't any good is just lazy journalism...if we lose the next two they can all just say I told you so. If we win out they will say one and done like Marcellus Wiley said yesterday. If we make the SB it will be we are over matched by whoever comes out of the NFC. If we win the SB it will be that we will miss the playoffs next year. 

Eventually one of their takes will be right and they will say I told you so...just lazy. They don't watch the games, and don't get how we play. We would rarely ever win a blowout because if we get up 10 we take the air out of the ball...occasionally DH will break a couple of long ones in those games and we win by 20. But Vrabel understands that this isn't CFB where style points count.

Somehow a loss to the Jets on a missed FG is the biggest thing in the world, and because we barely beat the Saints we aren't that good!! That is the life of a fan of franchises like ours. We are literally one loss from disappearing from the power ranking completely, which I couldn't care less about. I only care about the playoffs and ultimately making and winning a SB!!!

If we win the SB we would probably end up 3rd or 4th in the power rankings!!

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Well I am not sure how I feel about resting Simmons.   Sounds good but….  Man frankly. This is a real key must win.   We can still easily win no 1 seed with a ne loss

I’m all for him playing and again you can’t ever go into a game expecting this but if the Titans do get up 3 plus scores they should rest him in game as much as they can 

If Tart Peko Autry  Jones and Murchinson are all playing they definitely can manage him in game a bit 

The byes a few weeks away just get us to the bye and then go for the second bye with taking that 1 seed 

59 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well I am not sure how I feel about resting Simmons.   Sounds good but….  Man frankly. This is a real key must win.   We can still easily win no 1 seed with a ne loss

Yeah, the one seed is ours to lose.  We're two games ahead of every other AFC team.  And no contender has anywhere near as easy a schedule as we do going forward.

This week: Bills and Colts play this week, the Chiefs play the Cowboys.

Next week: Bills face the Saints, Pats play us, and the Ravens play the Browns.

Week after: Ravens and Steelers and Bills and Pats.

Week after that: Ravens and Browns again, Chiefs play Raiders, Bills play the Bucs.

Week after that: Chiefs play the Chargers, Bills play the Panthers, Pats play the Colts, Ravens face the Packers.

Week after that: Ravens and Bengals, Bills and Pats again, Chiefs and Steelers.

Penultimate week: Chiefs play Bengals, Ravens play the Rams.

Ravens are pretty much a non factor with their schedule.  If we lose three games, Chiefs can only lose one of Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, and Bengals.  Bills have to beat the Pats twice, the Colts, Saints, Bucs, and Panthers.  Pats have to beat the Bills twice, us, and Colts.

If the Bills split with the Bills, they pretty much have to win every other game in their schedule to nab the one seed.  And with the schedules remaining, they may be the biggest threat left.

• Like 1