Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

33 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

it was a 2008 ravens playoff kinda game. otherwise dominant performance done in by absolutely horrific situational football. we were moving the ball up and down the field all day but repeated red zone turnovers and 4th down failures will do that to you.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it was a 2008 ravens playoff kinda game. otherwise dominant performance done in by absolutely horrific situational football. we were moving the ball up and down the field all day but repeated red zone turnovers and 4th down failures will do that to you.

I think there were seven drives in Texans territory that ended without points. Which is incredible.

• Like 1

Anytime you got Tannehill throwing the ball 52 times it prolly ain't gonna end up great. The more times you put the ball in his hands, especially when the field shrinks in the red zone without Henry, the more mistakes we will see him make. Especially behind this offensive line. We are just gonna have to get used to being conservative from the 40 in, in the opposing territory. The lanes he once had to throw ball are getting smaller and smaller. 

Until we can get reasonable talent production on the offensive side healthy, we need to play smart and know what we got. Conservative. We know that Tannehill ain't gonna sling us to victory. 

11 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Anytime you got Tannehill throwing the ball 52 times it prolly ain't gonna end up great. The more times you put the ball in his hands, especially when the field shrinks in the red zone without Henry, the more mistakes we will see him make. Especially behind this offensive line. We are just gonna have to get used to being conservative from the 40 in, in the opposing territory. The lanes he once had to throw ball are getting smaller and smaller. 

Until we can get reasonable talent production on the offensive side healthy, we need to play smart and know what we got. Conservative. We know that Tannehill ain't gonna sling us to victory. 

Idk what the win percentage of teams with over 50 passes in a game is, but I'd wager it's not very good. We pretty much forced ourselves into throwing every play getting down 3 scores at the start of the second half.

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gonna be hard finding reasons to bring him back at that salary. 

Yep. There’s two much money in that OL to be as bad at pass-blocking as they are and it’s getting up there in age. I don’t think a single starter should be safe and regardless of Quessenberry’s PFF grade, I don’t think he’s very good. As a depth player, sure. I will give him one thing, he’s stayed healthy all season. Radunz HAS to slot in at some spot on that OL. I still think LT is his best spot. It’s weird he was drafted that high and can’t even see snaps over the likes of Bobby Hart whose no longer on the team. However, I’m definitely not going to give up on him. He has traits to play in this league. Missing a whole season plus coming from the FCS certainly doesn’t help. Spend the offseason working on everything from technique to building up strength and I think he can start next year. Brewer seems like a guy who could spot start occasionally but with his size I like him most at center. Needs to live in the weight room and practice snapping this offseason. I’ve said it for a while, this offseason will be about rebuilding the OL and it really shouldn’t be the amount of resources spent on it. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

blow the whole OL up, imo. every week i catch other games where QBs get nice big pockets for ages and RBs run through cavernous holes. there's really not a single member of the group that should be safe.

Watching the TB game on Monday night was so funny. Commentators just gushing over Brady as he stands in a clean pocket for all the time he could ever dream of, waiting for Godwin or Evans or one of his three starting caliber TEs to get open.