Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it’s not for super bowl winners. i’ve already said this multiple times, i said it earlier in this thread, and nobody seems to have a response: no super bowl winner in the past decade has lost the way we have this year to bad teams. that doesn’t mean we can’t break the trend, but it does mean that right now we are not doing what serious contenders do and taking care of business the way we should. period.

You provided an example though, the 2018 Patriots.

Which quite frankly I'm not sure I'd even want to open this forum if we lost to two teams like the Jags and Lions the way the Pats did in back to back weeks.

Also becomes a somewhat interesting discussion of "is losing close to a bad team worse than getting blown out by a good team". Cause I mean if you ask me, strictly speaking on this season, the Arizona loss is still far and away the worst loss we had this year. For as bad as the Jets and Texans are, at least we showed some fight and tried to win those games. We didn't even bother showing up in week 1. Which you'll also find in practically every team's season.

Think it was the Saints last year who swept the Bucs in the regular season, including the 2nd matchup that they won by like 40 or something. Didn't actually matter though, no regular season game does when it comes playoff time, as the Bucs went on to win the super bowl, where their path included needing to beat said Saints team.

Football is just strange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Forgot how this place was after a loss lol.

Losses I can handle.
Embarrassments I find unacceptable. 

Losing to two bottom feeder teams in the way we have, I think it's realistic to be negative and in the gutter with this team.

Lose to the Rams or one of those teams, then yeah ease up.
But this kind of loss, deserves all the hate. in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Losses I can handle.
Embarrassments I find unacceptable. 

Losing to two bottom feeder teams in the way we have, I think it's realistic to be negative and in the gutter with this team.

Lose to the Rams or one of those teams, then yeah ease up.
But this kind of loss, deserves all the hate. in my opinion. 

It’s also that we all recognized the opportunity this team has in the wide-open AFC. We did so much to put ourselves in a position to be the front runner for the bye. All we have to do is beat bad teams. And to lay an egg against quite easily the least talented team in football. At home. It’s just tough to swallow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

You provided an example though, the 2018 Patriots.

Which quite frankly I'm not sure I'd even want to open this forum if we lost to two teams like the Jags and Lions the way the Pats did in back to back weeks.

Also becomes a somewhat interesting discussion of "is losing close to a bad team worse than getting blown out by a good team". Cause I mean if you ask me, strictly speaking on this season, the Arizona loss is still far and away the worst loss we had this year. For as bad as the Jets and Texans are, at least we showed some fight and tried to win those games. We didn't even bother showing up in week 1. Which you'll also find in practically every team's season.

Think it was the Saints last year who swept the Bucs in the regular season, including the 2nd matchup that they won by like 40 or something. Didn't actually matter though, no regular season game does when it comes playoff time, as the Bucs went on to win the super bowl, where their path included needing to beat said Saints team.

Football is just strange.

there are contours to the season. the patriots lost those two games early on. early season losses tend to be less indicative of a team’s quality than later season ones- not to mention there was a dynamic with the jaguars that  year where they were coming off a huge season and looked primed for another good one before collapsing- i don’t put a TON of stock into that, but it’s not nothing.

my point is generally yeah, really good teams will have bad weeks and there will be aberrations. but we do this more often than that. i would genuinely feel better about this team if we had won today and dropped the bills game, or whatever, because the bills game was a hard-fought battle against a solid team that could’ve gone either way. our issue is we have these games that are anything but, and it’s a consistent problem.

Edited by -Hope-

It’s rough because you have an 8-2 team at home that has no business losing the worst assembled team in the NFL. Hardly any talent on that team and the Titans just go out there and go through the motions. I seen that when I saw Autry get pushed back over 5 yards into the endzone by a damn TE. The team thought this was an easy win and played like it. Fans can complain about injuries or whatever. Absolutely no reason to lose to a team like the Jets or Texans when their talent level is bottom of the league. We had a commanding lead in the AFC and the division and it just went completely down the crapper losing to a team like the Texans.

• Like 1

People need to stop buggin. Get out of the emotion of the game. 3 of our biggest signings of the offseason didn’t play today. Dupree, Jenkins, and Julio. We don’t have Henry. We lost AJ. We lost the backup to the backup to the backup. We didn’t have our best inside linebacker.

We beat ourselves today on several occasions and still almost came back to beat a divisional opponent. I mean that STs mistake. Like WTF. 4 ints. False starts to kill drives. Forfeiting the field goal at the end of the half. We killed ourselves. 

We hurt our bye potential, but we still #1.

Through the worst part of our schedule and a littany of injuries.

Am I saying we are A OK. No, but we have a bye coming at a good time, and if we can grab some health things will be ok. We obviously need our best players to perform against any team in the nfl. Bad teams are still NFL teams, we are seeing that every week.

Are we going to have to work to keep that #1 seed. Yup. And maybe that will keep us hot going into the playoffs.

1 loss. Let’s not panic yet.

Edited by twotonebluenation

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i will say it would be the absolute most titans thing ever to somehow follow this up with a win over new england lol

Vrabel(and other former Patriot players/assistants) are really good at stopping the New England offense. Even the less than stellar(talent wise) defense of the Falcons did decently against them thanks to Pees' experience in that regard. So matchup wise shouldn't be surprising at all, so long as decent we don't get today's Tannehill.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i will say it would be the absolute most titans thing ever to somehow follow this up with a win over new england lol

It’s not out of the stretch of imagination. If we get a full game from AJ, get back Jenkins Long and McNichols. We will look better. Patriots are good, but big game Vrabes should be ready. It ain’t like they are unbeatable. If you look at their stretch of wins they have caught some teams at times when they were not the hottest. A win in Gillette cures the **** sandwich we were dealt this week.